• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Liberation HD Coming January 14th - $20

Loudninja

Greetings, PlayStation Assassins! We’re very excited to announce that Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD will be coming to PS3 via PlayStation Store on January 14th.
When we set out to do Liberation HD, our objective was simple: improve upon what worked on the Vita and adapt the gameplay and missions to be the most fun and enjoyable they could be. As a result, each mission has been reworked in order to improve its pacing, and the challenge it poses to the player.

Liberation is set in New Orleans between 1765 and 1780, in the period between the end of the French and Indian War, up to the middle of the American Revolution. Liberation tells the story of Aveline; a female Assassin of mixed French and African heritage. Brought up in a world of privilege and contrasts, Aveline becomes a strong-willed woman and an avid opponent of slavery.
In addition to the HD upgrade, we also have new missions specific to Aveline’s Personas. Aveline is the first Assassin with such clearly different character types — Assassin, Lady, and Servant. Each persona has its own advantages and disadvantages when playing missions, and each generates a different reaction from the city life around Aveline. That’s a total of 15 missions delving deeper into Aveline’s story.
If you haven’t had a chance to play this chapter of Assassin’s Creed on Vita, or simply want to play Liberation on the big screen, we hope you’ll check out Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD on January 14th for $19.99.
See you on the Bayou.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...-hd-coming-january-14th-to-playstation-store/

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Hand over to Abstergo if old.
Dammit, by one minute!

Playstation Blog

When we set out to do Liberation HD, our objective was simple: improve upon what worked on the Vita and adapt the gameplay and missions to be the most fun and enjoyable they could be. As a result, each mission has been reworked in order to improve its pacing, and the challenge it poses to the player.

In addition to the HD upgrade, we also have new missions specific to Aveline’s Personas. Aveline is the first Assassin with such clearly different character types — Assassin, Lady, and Servant. Each persona has its own advantages and disadvantages when playing missions, and each generates a different reaction from the city life around Aveline. That’s a total of 15 missions delving deeper into Aveline’s story.

For your information, Aveline sidestory in AC4 will also hit PC.

Tucah

you speak so well
Curious to give this a try, hope it's a good port.

ACL is Persona 5 confirmed.

Kazerei

Banned
I actually hated the missions where you're forced to use the Lady and Servant personas, soooo ... I guess I'll pass. The Assassin persona was obviously way more fun to play as.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
If it's the same engine build as AC3 (it likely is) without AC4 improvements, what's the point?

True, basically I just wonder if you'll be able to play it on the PS4. I'll have my PS3 put away.

Game is complete shit on Vita. Can't imagine it would be any different on consoles.

You are insane. I have it on Vita and it's a solid game. Great protagonist (especially compared to Connor).

Alboreo

That's a pretty awesome price point, I may actually pick it up despite my general dislike of the series.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
True, basically I just wonder if you'll be able to play it on the PS4. I'll have my PS3 put away.

You are insane. I have it on Vita and it's a solid game. Great protagonist (especially compared to Connor).

It's a solid game, but it's riddled with bugs and framerate problems. It's basically undercooked. Luckily it seems the devs are aware of this. I wonder about the AC3 connectivity missions (Connor crossover basically), are they in the HD port?

Larsen B

The only Assassin's Creed games I've ever played were this and Bloodlines.

Liberation was way more enjoyable than I thought it would be and Aveline was a great character.

Toa TAK

Banned
YESSSS!

So excited. Been wanting so badly to play this, but never bought the system. The price is perfect.

Can't wait for January.

Lime

You can get the PC version on the Uplay store for 20% off until the 27th of October

DOTW-Web-S43-EN.jpg

conman

Sweet. I wish the main console series had gone this direction instead of the AC3 direction. Stoked I get to play this.

DocSeuss

I really liked Ubi's Mini-AAA strategy, and I'd hoped it would apply to this as well, meaning a $14.99 price point.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
"Comparison" (Vita screen on the right)

I dunno how true these images are to the HD port, but as for Vita version, these represent it quite well, very washed out colors, Bayou looked particularly muddy and incomparable to lush scenery of Frontier.

Also, weird they still haven't fixed the two buggy screenshots.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
4 days until the game is out and it doesn't seem like anybody even cares starting with Ubi.
What's happened to this game?

Card Boy

Banned
4 days until the game is out and it doesn't seem like anybody even cares starting with Ubi.
What's happened to this game?

I'm still excited but my gaming buying rule is never pay full price. $5 to $10 and i won't even hesitate. It's not like i'm in a rush, i'm playing like 11 games at the same time.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'd care more if it was on PS4.
As it stands I'll just wait for a Steam sale.

Replicant

Aveline is a great character but doesn't she encounter Connor in this game? If so, I'd rather not taint my enjoyment of ACIV by being reminded of Connor. I'm quite happy with the short Aveline mission on ACIV.

Aveline is a great character but doesn't she encounter Connor in this game? If so, I'd rather not taint my enjoyment of ACIV by being reminded of Connor. I'm quite happy with the short Aveline mission on ACIV.

He does taint the game by making an appearance. It's pretty great apart from that though...

Alec

It's up on US PSN. Set it to download remotely but I'm unable to play it until I get off work.

Geedorah

Wait, this came out today!? WTF? Next to no fanfare for this one...

Edit: OK - looks like tomorrow. Still, pretty shocking.

yeah the ost was great but the audio quality was shit.

hope this plays better on pc. vita one was ambitious, but the framerate was so bad that i fail half the counters because of how unresponsive the controls were

Roto13

Just starting now. There's a Uplay menu but not goals or rewards. :p Wonder if that stuff's just late going up.

I haven't played Liberation before, but I've been meaning to, so I'm glad this was released. (And I got it for $15 and everything.)

Top Bottom