• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Mirage has been officially announced!

TheSweeper

Since it appears that they left out most of the things that I loved from Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla I guess this'll be the first AC game in a while that I won't play. Especially since I really disliked Basim in Valhalla.

DonJimbo

Exited for AC Mirage as it will have the same Gamestyle as the first AC games and i loved them more than the new ones

Kenpachii

Here is a picture of ancient Baghdad to wet your apatite.

round-city-baghdad-26.jpg

Amazing.

Romulus

I think Brotherhood was the last one I trudged through. I thought it was played out back then. That must have been 10 years ago lol

Last edited:
I think Brotherhood was the last one I trudged through. I thought it was played out back then. That must have been 10 years ago lol

Those were the actual good ones. If you didnt like them, than do not play the newer ones. The worst thing is, if they just took out the filler and clutter all over the map, they would actually be good games. I should be able to clear the map in 40 hours. Not over 100 hours.

Last edited:

Romulus

Those were the actual good ones. If you didnt like them, than do not play the newer ones. The worst thing is, if they just took out the filler and clutter all over the map, they would actually be good games. I should be able to clear the map in 40 hours. Not over 100 hours.

I thought brotherhood was good, but even then I remember feeling it was getting long in the tooth back then

I've taken a step back from it all recently and I've realized that the Far Cry and AC games are the comfort food of AAA action gaming. When you just want more of a relaxing and familiar experience in a game instead of extremely sweaty try hard gameplay, that's what you go to those two franchises for. It's why most of their game interfaces are so hand-holding too. Not everyone will like that but it's okay with me 🤷‍♂️
A game doesn't have to be "extremely sweaty try hard" to be exciting. Just don't be a Ubisoft open-world game. That's all. At least for me.

Experience the story of Basim, a cunning street thief seeking answers and justice as he navigates the bustling streets of ninth-century Baghdad. Through a mysterious, ancient organization known as the Hidden Ones, he will become a deadly Master Assassin and change his fate in ways he never could have imagined.

- Experience a modern take on the iconic features and gameplay that have defined a franchise for 15 years.
- Parkour seamlessly through the city and stealthily take down targets with more visceral assassinations than ever before.
- Explore an incredibly dense and vibrant city whose inhabitants react to your every move, and uncover the secrets of four unique districts as you venture through the Golden Age of Baghdad.

If you already own the PS4™ version of this game, you can get the PS5™ digital version at no extra cost and you do not need to purchase this product. Owners of a PS4™ disc copy must insert it into the PS5™ every time they want to download or play the PS5™ digital version. PS4™ game disc owners who buy the PS5™ Digital Edition disc-free console will not be able to get the PS5™ version at no extra cost.

Sounds good, except for the cross-gen part but that was expected.

Banned
Sounds good, except for the cross-gen part but that was expected.

cross gen is a bummer here as it limits the possibilities severely I think in this case.

we know the last gen consoles had massive issues with running AC Unity due to its extremely dense crowd system. so they will most likely not even have crowds as dense as in that game simply to avoid having those CPU issues again.

meanwhile a current gen only version could have had a shitload more NPCs on screen at once comparatively and still run fine

whyman

Since it appears that they left out most of the things that I loved from Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla I guess this'll be the first AC game in a while that I won't play. Especially since I really disliked Basim in Valhalla.
This, he is one of the least likeable characters in a long time. Whoever thought it was a good idea to base the game around him was wrong. Setting and scope I like tho.

lukilladog

each time I lose more hope on having a mesoamerican Assassin's Creed at the apogee of Aztec civilization.

Or Mayans, or Incans, or several others... sorry mate, it seems their inclusiveness politics wont include America unless it has something to do with piracy or colonialism.

Last edited:

Alebrije

I loved the Origins-Odyssey-Valhalla series..

Going like Unitiy is a shame , big city and less RPG elements will make boring the game but understand the people that do not like 50 plus hours games...

Hope UBI returns to. AC RPG soon.

Von

While I enjoy/ed Unity, even with flaws an all, at least you feel like an Assassin, in my opinion. So the similarities between Unity and Mirage got me slightly stoked.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I used to adore this series. Was always excited to pick up the next game each year, even the spinoffs. Valhalla/Odyssey broke me.

I will wait for reviews and decide if I will bother picking up this new one. If it is written and designed like the older games, I will be all for it. Otherwise it will remain unplayed.

it was one of my favourte games with the old formula. if they go back to it, i will be so damn glad. please dont mess it up. this is a chance to get people excited for assassins creed again.

Last edited:

Hari Seldon

Which one was Unity? The Paris one? I didn't get too far in that. But they need to do something with how fucking bloated these games are. Valhalla was super cool for the first 20 hours but they cannot sell you DLC if the game is only 20 hours and there is no grind to pay and skip.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I loved the Origins-Odyssey-Valhalla series..

Going like Unitiy is a shame , big city and less RPG elements will make boring the game but understand the people that do not like 50 plus hours games...

Hope UBI returns to. AC RPG soon.

Some people in here are delusional, living in a bubble where they believe UBI will just abandon a formula they've been finetune and iterating on, and has proven to be insanely lucrative.
Odyssey sold great, and valhalla did way better, the idea that UBI is "going back" to small, 15 hour games, and just saying no to money is beyond idiotic.
Mirage/Rift was supposed to be an expansion for valhalla, so its reduced scope is to be expected, but there's no way the next actual mainline title isn't more like valhalla.

Elios83

So suddenly Unity is a liked game?
It is a great AC game and a very technically ambitious title when it was released, it was heavily criticized for bugs and frame rate issues at launch and the initial reputation unfairly sticked to a certain degree, but most of those were fixed within two months after launch.
It was 2014 though, standards and expectations were much higher, now people almost expect by default that games will be launched with issues :messenger_grinning_sweat: 👀

If they ditch the horrible pseudo-RPG gaas formula that has ruined the series in my opinion, Mirage will be a title to follow.

Gravemind

So suddenly Unity is a liked game?

Unity was good. There were many performance issues and graphical bugs that made it into the meme of the generation. If you go back and play it today, most of the bugs are fixed and it is now a damn good game with probably the most ambitious graphics and social stealth system of any assassins creed game.

If the game didn't launch with all of the bugs then it is easily one of the better entries in the series imo. The memes absolutely tanked that games reputation.

Last edited:

Banned
Unity was good. There were many performance issues and graphical bugs that made it into the meme of the generation. If you go back and play it today, most of the bugs are fixed and it is now a damn good game with probably the most ambitious graphics and social stealth system of any assassins creed game.

If the game didn't launch with all of the bugs then it is easily one of the better entries in the series imo. The memes absolutely tanked that games reputation.

the controls are among the worst in the series, the amount of icons on the map are parody-esque and the fighting system is hilariously bad and worse than in prior entries

Last edited:

Arachnid

Lmao

They were like "Fuck your AC burn out! Here's 5 games, a multiplayer game, and a TV show"

Last edited:
Top Bottom