• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey leak.

But is that really good thing? If you really are diehard fan don't want to see you favourite series to be as best as it can be?

I think he means more that the concept of Assassins Creed and the production, is interesting enough to carry the game, regardless of how good or bad the game is.

I love anything Greek related, and this game could bomb so hard, but I would still eventually get it. No other game is exploring interesting time periods with very fun gameplay

Virex

Banned
Nope. Other than looking nice, the game doesn't have much more going for it. But then again, it's an Assassins Creed game so no surprise there. The ship combat was the last interesting thing the series has done and they have removed that to spin it off into its own game.
I’d buy a ship combat only AC game

The lost city on PS2? I thought that it was pretty good. It was as good as 2 of course but still great

... I suppose my only response to this is "To each their own."

imo KF4 was abysmal. They tried too hard to bring the faster paced gameplay of Shadow Tower into it and it failed. The environments and enemies were bland, the over saturated darkness was annoying, and the game was way easier in comparison to it's predecessors.

Shadow Tower Abyss was far superior when it came to PS2 sequels, but I can't stand KF4

Jon Neu

Banned
- Spain during Zorro

So many interesting settings left. Let's leave the mediterranean region ;/

I'm a catalan independentist, so I don't hold Spain in a high regard, but come on man, everybody knows El Zorro is mexican.

And if he was spaniard, he would be settled in Andalusia, which is also a region in the mediterranean.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
The ship combat is nice for a little while, but it becomes boring really fast.
Well yes, it needs to be expanded upon and given depth for sure, but at least it was a novel feature in the franchise and not just the same rehashed gameplay.

KevinKeene

Banned
I'm a catalan independentist, so I don't hold Spain in a high regard, but come on man, everybody knows El Zorro is mexican.

And if he was spaniard, he would be settled in Andalusia, which is also a region in the mediterranean.

Haha, mea culpa. "Again what learnt" as we say in Germany ;D

Unity2012

Origins is one of my favorite, if not the favorite, AC game I've played. It's beautiful, massive, interesting and filled with historical settings. Bayek is a great character. The gameplay finally improved from the last installments. Knowing that we are going to get more historical settings and Greek characters, it is a preorder waiting to happen.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
As great as this looks, I do have concerns that it might be too soon. It cant be understated how much Origins benefited from the extra year

Doonski

Neo Member
As great as this looks, I do have concerns that it might be too soon. It cant be understated how much Origins benefited from the extra year

I think it's fair to say we are still getting that year because this is Ubisoft Quebec (Syndicate) vs Ubisoft Montreal (Origins). Looks great, but I have a weak spot for any game set in this time period. Origins was fantastic too, great upswing for the Assassin's Creed series.

Doonski

Neo Member
I have tp get this and origins and the gane that was bawed in paris i forget the name

Maybe Assassin's Creed: Unity? That's the one set in 18th century France, but I don't think it was banned, just criticised. Ubisoft titles do incredibly well in France--hell the Rabbids have a cartoon show there. Can't imagine there was a banned one in France, but maybe you can find that info somewhere.

Zimmy68

Gotta love Ubisoft.
Welcome their new pricing structure.
Before, Gold meant Season Pass + Deluxe.
Now, it is only Season Pass.
You need to buy the new "Ultimate" edtion for $10 more to get what you got last year with Gold.

KevinKeene

Banned
Ignoring Xenoblade X ;(

Also: the last thing I thought after finishing Origins was 'damn, I wish the world had been bigger'.

DonJimbo

Maybe Assassin's Creed: Unity? That's the one set in 18th century France, but I don't think it was banned, just criticised. Ubisoft titles do incredibly well in France--hell the Rabbids have a cartoon show there. Can't imagine there was a banned one in France, but maybe you can find that info somewhere.
Yeah thanks its unity i didnt say that it was banned i said based i write on my phone and its a little bit hard for me to type with my onscreen keyboard;)

Last edited:

stranno

in the maps comparison you can see AC: Odyssey too and it's a lot bigger tha Origins 130km^2 vs 90Km^2

World War II Online's 52.000km2 western europe front missing there.

It was so stupidly big (½ scale map) i just quit the first time i walk from one two to another (half hour or so).

Manos

Neo Member
Assassin's Creed Odyssey interview in Gamescom 2018.
Lots of important information leaked such as historic persons that we are going to meet, the map size etc.

(ps: To mods. Also change the topic title, it's not a leak anymore).

JamesNewton

Neo Member
Ok so it seems Assassin's creed: Odyssey's map is Larger than Black Flag and the Largest in any Assassin's creed games!

Last edited:

masterkajo

It's not the size that's important but how you use it.
So true. For me, such big maps only mean longer travel times and more collectibles. Never saw the appeal of larger maps. Just spreads the content thinner and to account for that, they fill it with side quests and collectibles.

I love the empty space of Origins. Huge desolate areas with no side quests and collectibles. Very immersive. They also made the other areas feel more important.
Travel time is something I liked in this game.

pawel86ck

Banned
I have to say Egypt in Origins and Greece are both very beautiful locations for a game. I just wonder what we will see next? Maybe Atlantis? According ti the latest news Atlantis was located in Africa after all, so they could connect origins story with Atlantis.

Atlantis would be great theme for game, beautiful scenery and developers can use their imagination to the fullest

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I have to say Egypt in Origins and Greece are both very beautiful locations for a game. I just wonder what we will see next? Maybe Atlantis? According ti the latest news Atlantis was located in Africa after all, so they could connect origins story with Atlantis.

Atlantis would be great theme for game, beautiful scenery and developers can use their imagination to the fullest

I would not take any stock in that video, mate.

Virex

Banned

Wuz we atlantians as well?

pawel86ck

Banned
Wuz we atlantians as well?
You have to decide for yoursef. The evidence is there, for example that discovery perfectly match Plato Atlantis description (measurements, and specific details). Also in another documentary "visiting Atlantis", they show ancient artifacts and fishing tools in that place (in a deep desert!) and sea animals skeletons in perfect condition, so we can tell for a fact, there was an ocean there not so long time ago. Troy story was once considered a legend, people laughed at it, and it's considered a fact. It will be the same with Atlantis.

Top Bottom