• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins install size will be 42.3GB (XB1)

Theorry

The install size for Assassin's Creed: Origins has been revealed coming in at a large size at launch releasing on October 27, 2017 taking up a total of 42.3 GB on the Xbox Marketplace. Assassin's Creed: Origins takes players to ancient Egypt to discover secrets hidden within the great pyramids across a massive landscape full of sand and historical wonder. It's the first in the series after a small break to refine the formula and now it's back, larger than ever. The world is truly massive with a wide range of authentic creatures, gorgeous structures and hidden secrets to explore.

You can travel down the Nile, on Camel or even with a traditional horse. Enjoy the intriguing core narrative and take part in smaller side missions that can pop up while you're just adventuring around the area. The combat system has also been overhauled here featuring more intense battles and distinct weapon choices with multiple options of getting a job done. It's very much the Creed you know, but in a larger and more intense dry land of ancient Egypt. Aside from discovering the origins of the Assassin's Brotherhood there will also be a casual discovery mode aimed at teaching players about this historical landscape.

Xbox.com Marketplace Storepage (Showing on site)

http://articles.gamerheadquarters.com/article964assassinscreedoriginsnstallsize.html

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/assassins-creed-origins/bzgjrjc1fgf3

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Not too bad, thought it'd be bigger.

Assuming here that the PC size will be roughly the same?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This is around the same size as Syndicate and Unity .. nothing surprising there.

So basically AC: Origins is half the size of Halo 5.

Metacritic should be guaranteed 4/10.

I'm just having a laugh dudes.

Wonder about the X size. Just snagged a 4TB drive for it, you never know what games that are already 80-100Gb will become.

RPGCrazied

Do we need to be afraid that we haven't heard anything from the PS4 version? No gameplay videos, no install sizes. I'm worried.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I need gamezone's opinion on this to know if this is good or bad.

Thanks for seeking my professional opinion. The game fits on the actual disc, so I'm fine. Should have added another one if the assets are huge.

The X version doesn't necessarily need to be larger if they decide to use the exact same textures for both versions.

It isn't necessary but it might happen. Doom with DLCs was over 60GB at this point I think. GTA thanks to the online updates became close to 100GB as well. Some of the latest COD games are currently closer to 100 than 50 too. If they throw in some 4K textures and such, yikes. Then again I do have like 600 games between "actual" XB1 titles and BC 360 games so a big HDD was already desperately needed.

Is the news here that this is the size with the "4K assets"? Otherwise, this has been the approximate download size for the last three AC games.

jryeje29

I really hope that next gen consoles have a 2tb hard drive standard. Maybe they could even include sshds since the prices aren't really too much more expensive and it'll really help load times for games the user plays often.

It's surprisingly not that big, maybe a little bigger than Unity (IIRC).
It's going to be a pain to download, so I'm buying the disc instead.

Bsigg12

Is the news here that this is the size with the "4K assets"? Otherwise, this has been the approximate download size for the last three AC games.

No. The Xbox One's available now only see the build for the launch/S consoles. We should be getting an idea of the sizes very soon once Microsoft pushes the ability to get prepared for the X and preload all the X enhancements to an external.

We could always look at the PC version as well. I would assume the X version should be around the size of the PC version, maybe slightly less.

Hexer06

Nice. Ready for those 4k assets to be downloaded as well. So glad we finally got the update (Alpha members for now I think) to download 4k stuff for games. My internet is way too slow, so I'm gonna need plenty of time to download all the assets. lol

Top Bottom