• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins October Previews

Somehow, every single time new Assassin's Creed entrys knows how to pull me in and sell on it..haven't finished any of the ACs simply because of GTA style which after a little while bores me out of my mind...is this time , different?

..really want to pick this up on the X..looks so purty.

Humpf... The more i see the new combat mechanic, the less i'm hyped for this game.

What i like in the franchise is the nice synced animations and the fact that your weapons feels somewhat deadly and that you never encounter enemies with huge health pool that takes ages to go through. Weirdly, it felt "realistic" (yeah, i know, weird thing to say for this franchise).

But now, in Origins, we get loot everywhere, we loose the synced animations, we get bosses with huge health pools that takes ages to go through, and we get a awful looking combat dash/dodge/teleport that defies the laws of physics.

That's... Not an Assassin's Creed game. It's a Witcher 3 clone with parkour and an Assassin's Creed skin in the setting i've always wanted to play an AC game in.

Sooooooo disapointed... I'll play it eventually but i'm not really eager to... I'm not against the idea of making Witcher 3 clones, i love that game as much as everyone else and would like to see other games like this. Just not Assassin's Creed...

I feel the same way. This has gotten very, very far away from the premise implied by the name "Assassin's Creed". Arbitrarily not being able to assassinate enemies because they're higher level than you encapsulates the entire problem with this game's design philosophy to me.

This was tweeted by @escoblades. Absolutely stunning artistry:

DLTxyEvW4AYpq75.jpg
DLTxyFAWsAEb1pf.jpg

DLTxzmxXkAURVRu.jpg
DLTxzmvXkAEdkB7.jpg

DLT2C3LW0AEk65l.jpg
DLT2C3NWAAE9-0r.jpg

Legit chills. Great job ubi team.

le.phat

I love the setting, but I have zero faith that they can pull this game off without feeling cookie-cutter to the max. I have never liked AC, so they have a big gap to close, but i'm loving the world so I honestly want them to succeed.

Looks delicious. Now I just want to know what's (non-Pro) PS4 version going to look and play like, and I'm all set for October 27th...

...but then again, I'm going to play this regardless, and even if it's not that great on PS4, I could maybe upgrade to Pro (damn you mid-gen console upgrades!).

blackjaw

So I loved 1,2,3 and BF and even liked the PSV asscreed but gave up on Unity (after falling through buildings and random freezes post-patch) and didn’t even bother with Syndicate.

This looks like a return to form and the “rpg” additions have me very interested.

I'm very on the fence.
On the one hand you can
pet cats
, on the other, there's apparently a bunch of rubbish filler, but on the third hand, maybe you can opt to not bother with that?

pitchfork

This is gonna be my GOTY I can feel it!

Really wanna hold off starting it until my Xbox one X turns up. Gonna be a nightmare waiting with it sitting on my S Hard drive

CHC

This might replace The Witcher III as my new "boot up to do absolutely nothing in" game. If the world is as varied and detailed as they're making it seem.

Sigh. This game looks amazing. My "this will be the first game I play on X" keeps switching. Went from forza to FFXIV to Cuphead, now this. Help

SomTervo

I mean, we all know AC3 is secretly one of best Assassin's Creed game. 2 and Brotherhood just beat for the top spots, but 3 is much more enjoyable than Syndicate.

But Origins is looking like the best entry in the series, I hope it turns out to be

I personally prefer Unity and Syndicate over all the others ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I pretty much consider Unity Assassin's Creed 2 2

That said i also like 3 and 4, they just almost don't feel like AC games sometimes. Action adventure and pirate adventure respectively

I personally prefer Unity and Syndicate over all the others ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I pretty much consider Unity Assassin's Creed 2 2

That said i also like 3 and 4, they just almost don't feel like AC games sometimes. Action adventure and pirate adventure respectively

Unity yes. Syndicate though? Syndicate is the worst AC game IMO.

Rosur2a

Hope I've made the right choice in waiting for the X version than getting it on a Pro day 1 as these previews have sold me.

Digital Foundry can do a comparison before launch.

Game looks amazing from every angle. Can't wait !

Nice little detail from Centerstrain's new video at 1:59
Bayek's voice is kinda muted because of the hood on his mouth, pretty small but amazing detail.

The gameplay, especially the combat in the Easy Allies actually looked pretty go-NO I WILL NOT GET TRICKED AGAIN.
The fact you can be overwhelmed and die already makes this a better Assassins Creed than the last 4-5 in the series. And I actually liked the “unstoppable badass” combat in the previous games

Bayek's voice is kinda muted because of the hood on his mouth, pretty small but amazing detail.
I like that all the outfits aren’t variations of “robe/coat with assassin-style hood” like the other games

Raven117

Gold Member
Assassin's Creed Origins |OT| Stalking In Memphis

This is fantastic. Damn you AC. I fall for your charms every time. Though I've only purchased 2 full priced ones (2 and Black Flag) both awesome. I have feeling this one will be good as well.

Black Flag was a great game.

M.W.

I'm very on the fence.
On the one hand you can
pet cats
, on the other, there's apparently a bunch of rubbish filler, but on the third hand, maybe you can opt to not bother with that?

From watching the Easy Allies video, it appears that you have to reach a certain rank to be able to complete story missions. The only way to up your rank is to complete side missions and other activities between missions. That said, it appears there's a ton of stuff to do and it appears to be quite fun.

Theorry

That's what I'm waiting for as well. Hoping it won't be too much of a downgrade. Is it wrong to be kind of worried that we've only seen One X footage so far?

Not really. I mean MS has marketing deal and they will always show the best version. For example from Destiny 2 we only saw PS4 Pro footage all the time until the beta.
This is gonna happen now with every game. Xbox One X or PS4 Pro if there is a deal.

sjay1994

I was wondering if it was that or something was up with the audio mixing in a separate video where he had the face wrap on.

That is such a good detail.

Thank you Based Ashraf.

If Ubi decides to not release AC annually after origins (which is unlikely since Ubi Quebec is probably making their own AC now) , I hope Ash becomes the permanent Creative Director on AC. He is one of the most genuine people I have seen at the helm of a game, ever since I watched some of his interviews for AC4.

It looks fantastic in the Xbox One X footage and I'm sure it will look great on Xbox One, PS4 and Pro as well. If I had to guess I'd say 900p on Xbox One with everything just looking not nearly as clean as it does on X and Pro. Of course also things like AF being much better on X and Pro.

But when I get my X and I get ACO I'll definitely be checking it out on both systems, I always like those comparisons.

Kaswa101

I was wondering if it was that or something was up with the audio mixing in a separate video where he had the face wrap on.

That is such a good detail.

Thank you Based Ashraf.

If Ubi decides to not release AC annually after origins (which is unlikely since Ubi Quebec is probably making their own AC now) , I hope Ash becomes the permanent Creative Director on AC. He is one of the most genuine people I have seen at the helm of a game, ever since I watched some of his interviews for AC4.

Same tbh, he's great. :) AC4 is legitimately my favourite AC game and this looks absolutely stunning too. I hope he stays around for a long time.

shiba5

Isn't there animal taming too? I swear I heard a dev interview where he said you could tame a hippo, set it on fire, and send it into an enemy base.

Horrible... but kinda amazing.

Theorry

Isn't there animal taming too? I swear I heard a dev interview where he said you could tame a hippo, set it on fire, and send it into an enemy base.

Yes. You first need to sleep it tho and then tame it and it will follow you.

sjay1994

Yes you can do that

1) Put the hippo to sleep
2)Tame it
3) Have it follow you to an enemy group
4)Take a torch and throw it at the hippo, or drop it on the ground, light your arrows on fire and shoot the hippo

Top Bottom