• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Origins |OT| A Far Cry From Historical Fact

ABeezy1388

Started playing it this weekend. Mixed feelings so far. I have a 65" B7A OLED and was expecting to be blown away. That is not the case. I have only played two games on this TV since recently getting it. This and Forza 7. Forza 7 was WOW, this just doesn't give me that same *pop*. It looks good, but looks rough at certain times as well.

As far as game play, its not bad but the game itself just hasn't drawn me in for some reason. I will keep playing but we'll see if I can get through the entire game.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Will Siwa never know peace?
I must let Rome know. No harm will come to Siwa ever again.

All work and no play make Medjay something something.
“Go crazy?”

DONT MIND IF I DOOOOO! AjciemcjhsnAszjdhxkgbjsjsnxngvkxsjfncjeif

Aces&Eights

All work and no play make Medjay something something.
“Go crazy?”

DONT MIND IF I DOOOOO! AjciemcjhsnAszjdhxkgbjsjsnxngvkxsjfncjeif
Oh man, I thought my game was glitched. He kept saying that every time I respawned, even when fighting a boss. Just finished the game about 15 minutes ago, and as with all AC games, I loved the dinking around for a while but finishing the story was a total slog. I actually dinked around for about 35 hours so I got my moneys worth but they really need to 1) Fix those damn load times. 2) Get writers who don't make what could be a great story sound so dull and scripted. Overall, I rank it above AC 1, 3 , Brotherhood , Revalations and Syndicate but below AC2 and 4.

WaterAstro

I started the game. It threw me into some revenge story that had no context. Some revenge I should care about, but I don't care. I was already bored at the beginning of it.

Maybe I'll be so bored that I'll continue it.

base

Banned
Leveling up is kinda boring in this game. You have to make side quests and most of them are fucking boring.

AC2>AC4>AC Origins to me.

Kathanan

This is the best Assassins yet.. it's even better then Witcher 3 (for me). Beautiful scenery and fun to explore.

Last edited:

NovumAngel

Banned

15.55 GB

The most mysterious secrets of Ancient Egypt will be released in The Curse Of the Pharaohs extension, included in the Assassin's Creed Origins' Season Pass.
Journey with Bayek to the city of Thebes after he receives reports of mysterious events. Upon his arrival, Bayek discovers a curse has descended upon the region, transforming Thebes into a living nightmare. To lift this curse, Bayek must investigate its cause while fighting beasts once believed to be just legend.

This second expansion brings new content to Assassin's Creed Origins with new missions, characters and enemies from Egyptian mythology. Fight giant scorpions, Anubis warriors, and Egypt's mightiest beasts through an entirely new region.

- Improve Bayek with a higher level cap and new abilities
- Explore a new region - The Valley of the Kings, City of Thebes, Aswan, and Oasis
- Find new legendary weapons with unique attributes

Last edited:

Granty666uk

I have yet to get the season pass but now all the content is out I was thinking about it. Do you get the level increase and new skills without it or do you need the dlc that came out today ??

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I have yet to get the season pass but now all the content is out I was thinking about it. Do you get the level increase and new skills without it or do you need the dlc that came out today ??

DO.

NOT.

WASTE.

YOUR.

MONEY.

ON.

THE.

SEASON.

PASS.

Both expansions together cost $30, while the season pass is $40. The season pass is the two expansions + two costume packs.

I have no idea what Ubisoft was thinking in charging $40. Normally, the season pass is supposed to be cheaper than the DLC, not the other way around.

Last edited:

Granty666uk

DO.

NOT.

WASTE.

YOUR.

MONEY.

ON.

THE.

SEASON.

PASS.

Both expansions together cost $30, while the season pass is $40. The season pass is the two expansions + two costume packs.

I have no idea what Ubisoft was thinking in charging $40. Normally, the season pass is supposed to be cheaper than the DLC, not the other way around.
I bought them on there own and saved a few pounds. Thanks Bud.

Zimmy68

And remember with Ubisoft, Season Pass does not give you all the DLC so you are doubly punished.

It is, Gold Edition - Deluxe Edition - Game = Season Pass.

I got duped when I bought the season pass for Watch Dogs 2 and noticed there was a $20 costume pack that was not available to me.
Never again.

But I will buy the Gold edition of Far Cry 5 because at least it will include everything.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
And remember with Ubisoft, Season Pass does not give you all the DLC so you are doubly punished.

It is, Gold Edition - Deluxe Edition - Game = Season Pass.

I got duped when I bought the season pass for Watch Dogs 2 and noticed there was a $20 costume pack that was not available to me.
Never again.

But I will buy the Gold edition of Far Cry 5 because at least it will include everything.
The gold edition of Farcry 5 is worth it to me since it includes Farcry 3 classic. That alone is worth $20. With Amazon Prime I’m getting it for $80, so I figure the main game is worth $50, FC3 $20 and I’d wager that the remaining 3 DLCs will be worth $10!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Been playing the newest DLC. It’s certainly very fun, but I have to admit that I’m now burned out on the game. Upgrading my gear and abilities no longer has the same excitement.

Zimmy68

Been playing the newest DLC. It’s certainly very fun, but I have to admit that I’m now burned out on the game. Upgrading my gear and abilities no longer has the same excitement.
Same for me. I think they took too long releasing the New Game Plus.
Even with leveled enemies, it doesn't seem worth the effort to redo anything.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Same for me. I think they took too long releasing the New Game Plus.
Even with leveled enemies, it doesn't seem worth the effort to redo anything.
Yeah, new game plus is a joke. It basically allows you to keep your gear and they turn auto leveling for enemies on, but the XP earned is the same. If they had increased the level cap to like 100, it would have been better.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Because I haven't played for ages and been on Monster Hunter, I've forgotten all the controls.

Poppyseed

I'm making it my mission to never by Deluxe/Gold Edition of games ever again (unless it's Forza Horizon). I beat AC Origins (my goodness was it boring after about 40 hours of the most tedious side-quests). I beat the game, and have ZERO desire to go back to it, even with the Season Pass owned.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Is The Curse Of the Pharaohs the last DLC or do we think there might be some more?

Thinking of uninstalling if thats the end of it, free myself 70 gigs worth - but if there are plans for anymore, I may leave it installed another few weeks.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Is The Curse Of the Pharaohs the last DLC or do we think there might be some more?

Thinking of uninstalling if thats the end of it, free myself 70 gigs worth - but if there are plans for anymore, I may leave it installed another few weeks.
Nope.

There is no more DLC planned.
While the DLC was fun but I felt it missed some opportunities to move the story forward such as the Assassins role in Mark Antony and Cleopatra.

And whether if there was confirmation that Aya was responsible for creating the Templars.

The patch went up this week including New Game + and the Discovery Mode, anyone had a chance to try it out yet?

New Game+? Given how easy these games are anyway, this seems unnecessary.

How big is the new area compared to Sinai?

It's cheaper to buy the expansions individually. The outfits are not worth the extra €10 IMO.

Or wait for the inevitable "Complete Edition" to come out in stores then wait for that to drop in price. Full game and DLC for usually less than $30.

NovumAngel

Banned
Or wait for the inevitable "Complete Edition" to come out in stores then wait for that to drop in price. Full game and DLC for usually less than $30.

There's the Gold Edition on the store already, game plus Season Pass: https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP0001-CUSA05625_00-EDITIONGLDACE000

The DLC's for this one sound a little more substantial than the previous games in fairness, but I'm probably going to wait for the Season Pass to drop a little further before I bite.

There's the Gold Edition on the store already, game plus Season Pass: https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP0001-CUSA05625_00-EDITIONGLDACE000

LOL. Nice. Though, that only looks like a digital version. You gotta have a physical copy since those will drop in price much faster. A lot of digital copies rarely drop in price, if at all.

The DLC's for this one sound a little more substantial than the previous games in fairness, but I'm probably going to wait for the Season Pass to drop a little further before I bite.

That's good. I've never bothered with the DLC in any AC games. Always seemed to expensive and with mediocre reviews.

dragos495

The second DLC is by far the best DLC experience I have ever had. Its like a whole new game, Origins 2.0.

It was a pleasure to plat this game and 100% all 3 dlcs.

Dunan

Finally started playing this and with no manual to guide me, I'm left a bit confused. Help a beginner out?

The game starts Creedish enough, but then I get control of my bird Senu and can have her fly around to find animals to hunt. Is there a way to have Senu actually kill the prey, or do I have to go there myself? Because with no minimap, I'm totally confused about where I am and which direction I'm facing when I relinquish control of Senu and back to Bayek.

(Edit: Senu gives you an ability to spot things and then mark them. Once you mark them, their icons appear in Bayek's field of vision and you can go to them.)

Last edited:

A.Romero

I just started playing this on PC. I miss the old AC combat but this is way better than witcher 3 in that sense....

It looks great but something happened between last night and today, the game was running great (8600k/1070ti) but now game gets stuck for up to 5 seconds. Can't seem to find why. It's unplayable now, must be something with my PC.

Other than that it's a great mix between witcher 3 and old AC games.

I hope it's OK to hump bump the thread.

Top Bottom