• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Assassin's Creed: Origins release date leaked

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
May 9, 2009
Release: October 27

different editions and bonus content.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Apr 24, 2008
IIRC this was the rumored Scorpio release date too, correct?

Given that it looks like MS has marketing rights to this game, I'd say that's pretty spot on.

epmode

Jun 7, 2004
The 8236982346890 edition nonsense just means I won't be buying without a substantial discount.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jul 30, 2009
Western Australia
Good stuff, but I'm expecting the PC version to be arbitrarily pushed back to mid-November. Feel free to prove me wrong, Ubi. ;)

Sep 13, 2009
Just wait a month and pay $30-$35 on Black Friday , I've done that a few times, might do it again this year.

Always figured October and infinite editions

Solid Sora

May 7, 2016
The GI article makes this game look super interesting...

• You can ride a camel.
  • You can dive underwater.
  • Loot system with rare/epic/legendary weapons.
  • RPG leveling system inspired by FFX.
  • A focus on tomb-raiding with 20 tombs to explore with puzzles and all. That includes pyramids, tombs, and temples.
  • Eco system with animals interacting and attacking each other.
  • You have a shield this time around. You can deflect arrows by it then reuse them.

Can't wait to see more of it.

mas8705

Dec 11, 2014
I was about to call BS on this for a game being released on a Friday, but apparently Syndicate also was on a Friday too... Still, I'll remain skeptic on this until we get official confirmation next week.

sjay1994

Dec 13, 2012

• You can ride a camel.
  • A focus on tomb-raiding with 20 tombs to explore with puzzles and all. That includes pyramids, tombs, and temples.
  • You have a shield this time around. You can deflect arrows by it then reuse them.

THIS GAME IS GOING TO HAVE A SPHERE GRID?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Jan 27, 2015

• You can ride a camel.

IN so hard after reading this

KCroxtonJr

Sep 13, 2013
SUPER interested in this. Haven't played since Black Flag. Please be good. Really, really good.

orochi91

Jan 10, 2014

• You can ride a camel.

This all sounds incredible

:eek:

DarkLordMalik

Aug 15, 2010
twitter.com

• You can ride a camel.

Day one.

Aug 6, 2014
New York City

• You can ride a camel.

Animal ecosystems always end up disappointing in games because it's a simple attack or flight system. It never looks or feel alive. Everything else sounds ace though.

PooBone

Jan 31, 2009
Shit, I haven't played an AC game since Black Flag but assuming they don't drop a big turd at their E3 presentation Monday, I'll definitely be getting this. The setting is just too intriguing.

eXistor

Feb 22, 2006
Hell's Ditch

• You can ride a camel.

What makes it look interesting though? To me it sounds like Rise of the Tomb Raider set in Egypt and I loathed RotTR. Do you really expect the tombs to have any real depth? I bet Assassin's Vision or whatever they call it in AC Universe is there to help everybody out at all times. Could you not dive underwater in previous AC's? If it's a first for this series that's fine, but what makes it so special when there's a million other games that do that as well? Are they actually gonna do something worthwhile with underwater swimming? I'm sorry if I sounds like a Debby Downer and I don't mean to single you out or anything, but I fail to see how these bullet-points are anything special at all. Hell, even the title of the game is the most boring, generic thing ever. What's next, Assassin's Creed Chronicles? Oh wait...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Feb 24, 2013
Toronto
Gonna need a spreadsheet of all those editions. Which one includes Aiden's iconic hat?

texhnolyze

Banned
Aug 13, 2014
Indonesia

• You can ride a camel.

This might be my first Assassin's Creed ever.

Megatron

Feb 22, 2012
Wow. 3rd party games releasing for the Scorpio launch? Crazy. I don't remember anyone doing this for pspro.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sep 15, 2013
yup this will probably be my first Scorpio game

GasProblem

Dec 5, 2008
Netherlands

• You can ride a camel.

That does sound very interesting.

I won't buy it day one, but I'll definitely keep my eyes pen during E3.

bananafactory

Banned
Nov 6, 2013
Wow. 3rd party games releasing for the Scorpio launch? Crazy. I don't remember anyone doing this for pspro.

October is generally packed so you're bound to have a game or two that lines up with it. I doubt publishers are shifting their massive multiplatform games around to align with it. If anything Microsoft likely knows the fall schedule and will strategically launch it near a bunch of high profile games that look and run great on it.

Salty Rice

Feb 1, 2016

• You can ride a camel.

Guess im gonna buy after a long time a AC game again.