• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed: Origins release date leaked

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Release: October 27

2017-06-0923_08_06-imfjutk.png

different editions and bonus content.

2017-06-0923_12_35-im84und.png

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
IIRC this was the rumored Scorpio release date too, correct?

Given that it looks like MS has marketing rights to this game, I'd say that's pretty spot on.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Whoever sends these promo cards out should really put a sticker on the box about street dates. If there are any with promos

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Good stuff, but I'm expecting the PC version to be arbitrarily pushed back to mid-November. Feel free to prove me wrong, Ubi. ;)

Just wait a month and pay $30-$35 on Black Friday , I've done that a few times, might do it again this year.

Always figured October and infinite editions

The GI article makes this game look super interesting...

• You can ride a camel.
  • You can dive underwater.
  • Loot system with rare/epic/legendary weapons.
  • RPG leveling system inspired by FFX.
  • A focus on tomb-raiding with 20 tombs to explore with puzzles and all. That includes pyramids, tombs, and temples.
  • Eco system with animals interacting and attacking each other.
  • You have a shield this time around. You can deflect arrows by it then reuse them.

Can't wait to see more of it.

Popcicle

Hot Texas Chili
I miss the name Empire.

I want that steel book tho.

I likewise need to catch up on the games I haven't played (Rogue, Unity, Syndicate)

mas8705

I was about to call BS on this for a game being released on a Friday, but apparently Syndicate also was on a Friday too... Still, I'll remain skeptic on this until we get official confirmation next week.

dreamfall

I like what I'm seeing from that artwork, the Ubi editions continue. Definitely want to hear about what's included for the Season Pass, etc.

sjay1994

• You can ride a camel.
  • A focus on tomb-raiding with 20 tombs to explore with puzzles and all. That includes pyramids, tombs, and temples.
  • You have a shield this time around. You can deflect arrows by it then reuse them.

THIS GAME IS GOING TO HAVE A SPHERE GRID?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

• You can ride a camel.

IN so hard after reading this

orochi91

• You can ride a camel.

This all sounds incredible

:eek:

• You can ride a camel.

Day one.

• You can ride a camel.

Animal ecosystems always end up disappointing in games because it's a simple attack or flight system. It never looks or feel alive. Everything else sounds ace though.

PooBone

Shit, I haven't played an AC game since Black Flag but assuming they don't drop a big turd at their E3 presentation Monday, I'll definitely be getting this. The setting is just too intriguing.

eXistor

• You can ride a camel.

What makes it look interesting though? To me it sounds like Rise of the Tomb Raider set in Egypt and I loathed RotTR. Do you really expect the tombs to have any real depth? I bet Assassin's Vision or whatever they call it in AC Universe is there to help everybody out at all times. Could you not dive underwater in previous AC's? If it's a first for this series that's fine, but what makes it so special when there's a million other games that do that as well? Are they actually gonna do something worthwhile with underwater swimming? I'm sorry if I sounds like a Debby Downer and I don't mean to single you out or anything, but I fail to see how these bullet-points are anything special at all. Hell, even the title of the game is the most boring, generic thing ever. What's next, Assassin's Creed Chronicles? Oh wait...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Gonna need a spreadsheet of all those editions. Which one includes Aiden's iconic hat?

• You can ride a camel.

uu9pmDP.gif

This might be my first Assassin's Creed ever.

iFirez

Destiny 2 for September and Early October.
Assassins Creed for Late October until the next game on my radar pops up.

Megatron

Wow. 3rd party games releasing for the Scorpio launch? Crazy. I don't remember anyone doing this for pspro.

• You can ride a camel.

That does sound very interesting.

I won't buy it day one, but I'll definitely keep my eyes pen during E3.

Wow. 3rd party games releasing for the Scorpio launch? Crazy. I don't remember anyone doing this for pspro.

October is generally packed so you're bound to have a game or two that lines up with it. I doubt publishers are shifting their massive multiplatform games around to align with it. If anything Microsoft likely knows the fall schedule and will strategically launch it near a bunch of high profile games that look and run great on it.

• You can ride a camel.

Guess im gonna buy after a long time a AC game again.

Top Bottom