• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed: Origins will feature photo-mode; multiple save games and more

Turkoop

Banned
OHif7mW.png

smXTPlT.png

QNK9Wm0.png

hYpIN3u.png

bosh

Thats cool. I have not bought an assassin's Creed game since black flag. I do love photo mode on games though

sungahymn

Neo Member
There's something refreshing about fans asking for features they really want and the developers saying a simple "Yes."

StereoVsn

It feels kind of weird but I may actually get an Assassins Creed game this year. Last one I bought was AC4 and that was ok but this one is sounding better and better. Almost tempted to preorder at BestBuy for 20% off and $10 voucher.

Jocund

Standard features in a videogame, rad.

I don't like that you're able to unlock every skill in the tree. I like for there to be some stakes in how I choose to spec my character, in a RPG.

Now it just seems even more like Far Cry.

Kyoufu

Nice. I loathe AC games but the hitbox-based combat and the RPG feel to the game make me excited to play it.

There's something refreshing about fans asking for features they really want and the developers saying a simple "Yes."

Reminds me of the cryptical bullshit about multiplayer in No Man's Sky. "Yeah the game has a sort of Journey-like thing where you meet people but it's not really a multiplayer experience per se..."

Feels great to get a straight answer for once.

About the thread, it feels like this game features all the cool shit I want from such a game. X enhancements, discovery mode, photo mode, difficulty settings, animal ecosystem, etc.. Could be the definitive AC experience tbh.

I was told that consoles can disable HUD too. Photo mode is nice but I also like disabling HUDS - been playing like that in Destiny 2 for kicks.

benzopil

I don't like that you're able to unlock every skill in the tree. I like for there to be some stakes in how I choose to spec my character, in a RPG.

Thanks God

Floody

Can't wait to see the photo thread, always amazed with how good people are at using those things.

Multiple saves is great too.

Risev1

Really? A tour mode with narration is a basic feature in videogames?

Don't be like that.... I know photo mode and the like is just par for the course nowadays, but Origins is doing something new that is really cool with the tour mode thing.

Everything surrounding the game sounds great, especially the lengths Ubi are going in regards to adding features, it's a shame that the game itself just looks so uninteresting.

How many people were genuinely looking for a full-fat RPG AC?
Crossing Eden need not apply ;)

ChazGW7

The formula was getting quite stale after all these years, the only direction I could see the franchise going to freshen things up was to add more RPG elements. Im looking forward to it even though I won't be getting it day 1.

SilentRob

There are actually 20 20-minute long voiced tours through the world of the game in the Discovery mode, akin to traditional tours in museums. Really, really excited for that one.

Everything surrounding the game sounds great, especially the lengths Ubi are going in regards to adding features, it's a shame that the game itself just looks so uninteresting.

I wasn’t looking for one, but I’m very glad that I’ll have the opportunity to try one out. I was dog tired of the old formula and I think AC of the past had awful combat.

Theorry

I keep saying it. Every game should have a photomode in it. It sells copies to people who see great photomode shots.

NoKisum

Is Discovery Mode unlocked from the start? Or do you have to make a decent amount of progress first?

I'm still not sold on AC:O as I have failed to finish the last couple of AC games. I didn't realise it at the time but the outside the animus narrative was pushing me along. Once that wrapped and I had finished Black Flag I felt no desire to keep going with Unity or Syndicate. Doing shit inside the Animus as faceless nobodies in a large company doesn't really do it for me. I am waiting to see what they do in Origins if anything before I buy I think. Well my wallet wants me to. Buying games is so good though :D

AC:O isn't really a full RPG, it is more RPG lite. It has far fewer things to keep track of than the likes of Dark Souls and Divinity. Most of it is just skill trees and loot. There are no fat rolls, encumbarance, dozens of stats, procs. And Dark Souls is still considered pretty much an action RPG and is played by a bunch of people who are more interested in traditional action games than RPGs.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
As a cat lover, this makes me happy!

What about the crocs though?
alligator.gif
If you have the right skill unlocked you can put them to sleep and tame them, afterwards they'll follow you around til they die.

you%2Bhave%2Ba%2Bpoint.jpg

Lowkey am curious about how much the easy mode reduces how much of an effect the RPG elements have on the sandbox elements of the game.

Hystzen

Is Danny Wallace back voicing Shaun and writing the history articles his wit made some the articles way more fun to read

Catdaddy

Glad they are adding multiple save spots back in. I actually like playing some games again without either backing up the one save or using another account.

Hasn’t cat petting been on other AC games or did the cat just rub against your feet?

Top Bottom