• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations DLC "Lost Archive"

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The Single Player DLC will be "Lost Archive" and it'll cost 1800 MS Points/$14.99 for the Xbox 360 and PS3 respectively. It's unconfirmed to come out February 28.

An email to GameStop customers on Friday named and priced the next downloadable content extension for Assassin's Creed: Revelations. It is called "Lost Archive," and it will be $14.99 or 1800 Microsoft Points, for both PS3 and Xbox 360. The email said the pack would drop on Feb. 28, but that is unconfirmed.

Source: Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/5886386/assassins-creeds-next-dlc-is-lost-archive-says-listing

EDIT: Kotaku corrected it to 1600 MS Points, though it should 1200....

EDIT 2: IGN confirmed from a blog post that it'll be out for the Xbox 360 at 800 MS Points. PS3 will most likely charge it at $10.

IGN: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1219110p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

EDIT3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O6Fsu_tsweo

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, that's some pricey DLC. Other than full blow a Desmond storyline, what else would they have left to do before AC3?

iNvid02

It's not going to be $15/1800 despite whatever incompetent drivel Kotaku spits out.

gamestop.png

Eh. I'm pretty much done with Revelations. I really doubt this will be that compelling to play through or pay fifteen bucks for. Not like Revelations was that compelling to begin with. Might watch a Let's Play.

I'm only like 7 hrs in does Da Vinci make an appearance again?
Da Vinci never shows up in Revelations. Ezio is on his own and makes new allies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I just hope they release the next map pack for multiplayer free. They did all three for Brotherhood and then started to charge for Revelations. It's so bad that using the "trial" showed "low activity" for the DLC-map-only playlist in prime-time. Which is insane.

Mr2day

Can't they take the time to research before rushing to post the news? Yikes.

It's not even research, it's basic math. Which isn't really that big of a deal I guess, except they corrected an incorrect figure with another incorrect figure.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I would pay literally anything if this is a Da Vinci side story with Ezio. Their relationship is the best thing to come out of the series.

TheSeks

I would pay literally anything if this is a Da Vinci side story with Ezio. Their relationship is the best thing to come out of the series.

Ezio marries Leo in Rome confirmed for this DLC. ;) ;)

I agree. Leo not being seen in Brotherhood outside of those benches was disappointing.

TheSeks

Omg did you play the Brohood DLC? The final mission is soooooooooooo good.

Not yet. I don't have the $10 and I'm on Memory 8 finishing up side shit before continuing to the ending of Brotherhood. :(

What storyline could it possibly do now? Everything's pretty much wrapped in terms of Ezio's whole story. Unless it's real world DLC which is incredibly unlikely.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Honestly I liked Revelations alot and shocked I liked embers but I don't see what I could possibly want to see more of with Ezio. I'm very happy with his arc particularly how it plays out in the game ending/embers so meh.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What storyline could it possibly do now? Everything's pretty much wrapped in terms of Ezio's whole story. Unless it's real world DLC which is incredibly unlikely.

Maybe it's DLC for the Desmond sequences. Ubi have answered our prayers and delivered additional content to the worst aspect of the game!

LuchaShaq

Banned
$15 for DLC? Wow. Why are people complaining so much about FF13-2 DLC then?

Because it could be shit worth zero or be the best expansion pack for an open world game ever? Afaik there is no real info besides the price. Odds are that it will be somewhere in between since their previous franchise DLC's have fallen somewhere between ok to solid.

My understanding is that FF13-2 sells the damn character from the box as DLC, and ends in a cliffhanger to be finished as DLC. Both of those things are disgusting even if they cost 1 cent.

rataven

Maybe it's DLC for the Desmond sequences. Ubi have answered our prayers and delivered additional content to the worst aspect of the game!

My money is on it being this. :/

But what I really want, and hope it has, is something, anything, to do with
Leo, Sophia, Claudia, or Machiavelli. Take us back to Florence one more time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What if they add some new tower defense maps as well?

Not to wish for such DLC, but I didn't mind the TD mini-games. I mean, at least they were almost insultingly easy and short.

My money is on it being this. :/

But what I really want, and hope it has, is something, anything, to do with
Leo, Sophia, Claudia, or Machiavelli. Take us back to Florence one more time.

That would be fantastic.

Revelations just screamed "unfinished" to me, even though I loved it. Our time with Yusef, Suleiman, Piri Reis, that cave map, and any specific area of the map were all cut waaaaayy too short. The Istanbul map was actually really well characterized and had as much variety as Florence and Forli combined, but a lack of structure meant no one ever noticed much beyond "rich section," "poor section," and "docks." I'm really looking forward to this DLC because the structure for a great game is already there, but the actual content isn't, yet.

Given the ending of revelations
I wonder what the DLC will be about. We are with ezio pretty much from the moment he arrives to Constantinople to the moment he retires. So, when is the action going to take place?

Stage On

Hah, Considering how easy it was to get the game for $20 about a month after it came out they must be nuts to think people are going to pay 2/3 of that for a fraction of the content.

It's going to have to be something special to justify that type of price. Even $10 packs like Fallout are pushing it in my book.

Top Bottom