• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate |OT| Once more unto the glitch

Double D

Just started playing this over the weekend and really enjoy it. The chameleon ability for Evie is awesome. I find myself playing as her over Jacob unless I'm forced to play with him.

I've played all the main games aside from Rogue and Unity, so I'm not sure if I missed some story stuff regarding the WWI bits from the past games.

Also, It was crazy stumbling into that. I'm just going about my thing, raiding boats and whatnot, when I hear this voice. I was already impressed by the sheer amount of content and then that happened. That's the section I'm currently on and can't wait to see where it goes from there.

Paganmoon

On XB1, the Jack The Ripper DLC is half off at $10 (Canadian dollars).

I don't own Syndicate yet but I plan on playing it some day. I'm trying to decide whether or not Jack The Ripper is the only DLC I will purchase or if I should wait to buy a Gold Edition of the game or wait for a good sale on the season pass.

The store says the season pass includes:

1) Jack The Ripper
2) Exclusive A Long Night mission
3) Two top-tier sets of gear and weapons
4) The Last Maharaja mission pack
5) Permanent XP boost
6) 500 Helix credits
7) Streets of London game play pack

Is all of that stuff (minus Jack The Ripper), things that I can live without and still have the best enjoyment out of this game? Are any of those exclusive missions uncharacteristically incredible? And are the quality of life boosts (gear, XP boosts, 500 Helix credits), something I can live without too?

Think AC Unity - I don't believe I spent a single dime on DLC in that game, but playing the game normally still gave me enough Helix credits to purchase all the right collectible maps. And with Cafe missions, I never had to worry about in-game currency. Just wondering if it's the same in Syndicate.

Other than Jack the Ripper I didn't feel like the Season Pass had anything I couldn't be without. The extra missions didn't add too much, I don't recall what I spent the Helix credits I got on, could've been maps for collectibles I guess? So not really a "have to have" type thing.

Just started playing this over the weekend and really enjoy it. The chameleon ability for Evie is awesome. I find myself playing as her over Jacob unless I'm forced to play with him.

Was also Evie > Jacob. Evie felt like an Assassin. Jacob was a brawler. Same issue I had with Connor in ACIII.

Re-bought this on PC after a GPU upgrade. Have MSAAx2 plus FXAA, and MFAA enabled in nvidia control panel. Image quality is now excellent, barely any shimmering whatsoever. Running pretty smooth too.

So apparently the cloth physics run at 30fps and it doesn't appear to be fixed yet, or has it? Sometimes it looks like it is, other times it doesn't.

I also purchased Unity. Comparing the two, this feel mechanically MUCH better than Unity, including the characters. Mind you I only put 10 hrs or so into Unity, 90% of that was exploring.

I have had a crash in Syndicate. Tried verifying the cache, hopefully it doesn't happen again. I was having a good run on PC since the upgrade, everything was performing great until syndicate crashed, heh.

I really like the day/night cycle. I have it on as I type this up. Everytine I look up it looks slightly different.

Also I play with the HUD off, that way it looks like a postcard ;).

It's peaceful experience siting on top of a tower looking down at the city, with soothing music playing, while watching everybody go about their day, with day slowly turning into night.

I really should buy the soundtrack.

emag

$20 on Amazon/Best Buy for the console version(s) right now.

I just started Syndicate (on PC). Unfortunately, so far it's veering towards the Unity side of things (especially with the unresponsive parkour/controls), although thankfully it's a bit more competent across the board. Rogue was so good. :/

Just got the Gold Edition on PSN. The Season Pass content is included? Because I didn't get the notifications for other add-ons when I went to my download list

Bladenic

I hope someone can help. Randomly, ALL icons from my map disappeared except mission icons. This means I can't fast travel, go to the hideous, or even see any chests/etc on the map. They actually show up on the mini map, but not the main. Tried doing a story mission, didn't fix it. Going back to title screen, nope. If I have to reinstall this shit buggy game, it's just getting deleted, it took like a day to install the first time lmao.

Paganmoon

Just got the Gold Edition on PSN. The Season Pass content is included? Because I didn't get the notifications for other add-ons when I went to my download list

Gold edition should include Season Pass. Check the add-on section of the game to see what you can download.

I hope someone can help. Randomly, ALL icons from my map disappeared except mission icons. This means I can't fast travel, go to the hideous, or even see any chests/etc on the map. They actually show up on the mini map, but not the main. Tried doing a story mission, didn't fix it. Going back to title screen, nope. If I have to reinstall this shit buggy game, it's just getting deleted, it took like a day to install the first time lmao.

Is this on PC? never got a bug like this on PS4. People online seem to have experienced the same though, some say it's a bug that resolves after sequence 4.

kris.

Banned
i bought this on a whim after having not played one since 3 (and a bit of 4 but not liking it) and damn son this is dope

Ralemont

not me
With a year of retrospection under my belt, I still feel Syndicate is the best Assassin's Creed. Maybe not the best AC for its time as AC2 felt like a revelation when it released, but for a head-to-head comparison I think it stands tallest.

kris.

Banned
oh my god i was fighting a dude in the street and randomly a carriage raced by and the driver shot the dude i was fighting and he died

ROOKS 4EVER

i can't believe i ever doubted this game

SJRB

Gold Member
oh my god i was fighting a dude in the street and randomly a carriage raced by and the driver shot the dude i was fighting and he died

ROOKS 4EVER

i can't believe i ever doubted this game

Oh the game is excellent, for sure. A lot of people disliked Unity and somehow automatically assume Syndicate is bad as well, but it's a good game. Evie for life.

Just finished all the story missions. I really liked this one. Probably my second favorite AC game behind Brotherhood.

Does anyone understand the present storyline though? Each game there's less and less of it and it somehow manages to become even more vague.

Ralemont

not me
Just finished all the story missions. I really liked this one. Probably my second favorite AC game behind Brotherhood.

Does anyone understand the present storyline though? Each game there's less and less of it and it somehow manages to become even more vague.

Been awhile since I played it, but I think essentially Abstergo is now building a physical body for Juno so that she can actually rule the world and not just through the Internet?

Been awhile since I played it, but I think essentially Abstergo is now building a physical body for Juno so that she can actually rule the world and not just through the Internet?

That sounds about right.

Now I'm at the WW1 section. It's so weird. Why is it here?
I'm not complaining since I like it, but I'm just confused by it.

Enjoyed it for the most part. I love exploring the worlds in AC games but the one thing I missed was the puzzle platforming for the secret/hidden rooms.

Is the game crashing on PS4 a lot common?
I keep getting error ce-34878-0 a lot. Anyone know of a fix?

I would say so

3vZAihu.jpg
Y1mQgG7.jpg

dEj0fLb.jpg
zXrwCJ3.jpg

5fA8U4p.jpg

I just got around playing the Jack the Ripper DLC, my favourite DLC of a Assassin's Creed game yet. Playing as
older Evie and of course the man himself
, mixed in with light elements of gathering clues is awesome.

Bought it today on sale. This game feels so awful to control. I have to look down at my controller to see I'm holding left while my character moves right just to prove I'm not insane. Reviews had me fooled.

Paganmoon

Bought it today on sale. This game feels so awful to control. I have to look down at my controller to see I'm holding left while my character moves right just to prove I'm not insane. Reviews had me fooled.

That sounds strange. Which way is the camera facing when this happens?

That sounds strange. Which way is the camera facing when this happens?
Not sure. I'll pay attention to it better next time. Seems strange that getting around is so janky after all the Batman games and shadow of mordor do it better. Its not any worse than any other assassin's creed but you'd think they would have perfected getting around by now. I do appreciate the larger emphasis on stealth rather than press triangle to murder. Not gonna lie though I totally want to press triangle to murder. Do the characters get a lot more powerful later on? Comparable to other assassin's creed protags?

Paperboy

The second lockpicking skill is said to open locked doors around London. Are there any of these doors outside of missions? Similar to how there are locked chests spread around the open world? How useful is this perk? I'm at sequence three.

Top Bottom