• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate |OT| Once more unto the glitch

Skux

y0jk8A0.png

original banner restored by EviLore

Platform: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Release date: 23 October 2015 (PS4 & XB1), 19 November 2015 (PC)
Developer: Ubisoft Quebec
Publisher: Ubisoft
Genre: Single player action-adventure
Price: US$60

UKwUEmS.png

Download size: 40GB
Day one patch size: 1GB
Resolution: 1600x900 on both PS4 & XB1
Frame rate: Targets locked 30fps
Gamersyde FPS analysis
Digital Foundry performance analysis

0QFijcp.png

tgvQPkI.png

● two protagonists, siblings Jacob and Evie Frye, which the player can freely switch between, GTAV-style
● first main series game to feature a playable female protagonist (apparently AC3 Liberation doesn't count)
● main weapons include brass knuckles, revolver, cane sword, kukri knife
● faster paced combat, now with an Arkham-style combo meter
● new traversal options include carriages, trains, and a rope launcher to scale walls quickly and create ziplines between buildings, because parkour is so 18th century
● London is 30% larger than AC Unity's Paris and includes six boroughs: Westminster, the Strand, the City of London, Whitechapel, Southwark and Lambeth
● no multiplayer
● no companion app (rejoice!)

ZCOVgnz.png

London. 1868. The Industrial Revolution. An age of invention and prosperity, built on the backs of working class slaves. As gangster assassin Jacob Frye, you will recruit your gang to fight for justice on behalf of the oppressed working class. Lead the underworld to take back London in a visceral adventure filled with action, intrigue and brutal combat.

TAKE OVER THE LONDON UNDERWORLD
With Jacob as the leader, gamers can establish Great Britain’s fiercest gang, the only force that can challenge the elite and defeat rival gangs to bring freedom to the oppressed masses. Enemy strongholds can be infiltrated by using an arsenal of weapons to dominate London’s underworld. From robbing trains to rescuing child laborers, players will stop at nothing to bring justice to London’s lawless streets.

THE FIRST ASSASSIN OF THE MODERN AGE
As the brash, rebellious Jacob Frye, put up your dukes and take on your enemies. Use improved stealth tactics to elude your enemies and unleash your arsenal of weapons, including the kukri knife, brass knuckles, and sword cane. Utilize new technology like the rope launcher to scale buildings in seconds and take your enemies by surprise.

TRAVERSE THE FAST-PACED WORLD OF INDUSTRIAL LONDON
From Buckingham Palace to Big Ben, fight and triumph across the massive open world of Victorian London. Parkour across moving vehicles to track down enemies or escape after a daring raid, hijack carriages to engage in a no-holds-barred street race, or blaze a trail of destruction aboard steamboats along the River Thames.

DEVASTATE YOUR ENEMIES WITH CLOSE-RANGE, BRUTAL COMBAT
Hold nothing back as you unleash lightening-fast multi-kills and counter-moves, with an offense-heavy combat system. Approach each fight the way you want, whether it’s with new weapons or using the environments around you to execute unique, creative takedowns.

MASTER THE ART OF STEALTH AS EVIE FRYE
Play as Jacob’s twin sister Evie, a relentless Assassin who has perfected the silent, swift, invisible strike. Parkour across London’s immense open world using your status in London’s leading crime syndicate to change the city for the better.

XWNdKTI.png

tgvQPkI.png

System requirements

Minimum requirements
OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1/10 (64-bit versions only)
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz
RAM: 6GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2GB VRAM)
DirectX: Version 11
Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
Hard drive space: 50GB
Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse required, optional controller
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or better, GeForce GTX 700 series; AMD Radeon HD7970 or better, Radeon R9 200 series
Note: Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT officially supported

Recommended specs
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better
RAM: 8GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X (3GB VRAM)

0QFijcp.png

And it wouldn't be a Ubisoft game without the preorder spreadsheet.

Note: The Season Pass contains all future DLC including the Jack the Ripper missions which will be released in December.

nVoSgs1.png

I thought all the section-dividing images weren't loading so I clicked on one. Nope. Just really thin.

I'm not sure if that was intentional, keeping with the glitch theme, but if so, bravo.

Tizoc

I like how the Big Ben edition has EVERYTHING but 1 piece of DLC exclusive to only 1 Special Edition. Fuck's sake Ubi.

Tizoc

someone explain the thread title to me lol

It's a play on the line 'Once more unto the breach'

There's also the word Gulch: 'a narrow and steep-sided ravine marking the course of a fast stream.'

This being Ubisoft and after the performance of Unity on console...

Oh my god, that OT photo is all kinds of terrifying.

I just noticed none of the various game Editions comes with a Evie statue, only Jacob. Come on Ubisoft, you put emphasis on having double protags, at least include her in something else besides the game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This OT both pleases and saddens me

spectator

Does Ubi not realize that making no version available with all the DLC just leaves me feeling like I'm playing a no-win game and reduces my overall interest in the product? I'm sure I can't be alone in that feeling.

Real curious to see how this turns out.

No intent on buying or playing it though unless it turns out to be the stealth amazing and all the awkwardness around this game leading up to release was all just for nothing.

Does Ubi not realize that making no version available with all the DLC just leaves me feeling like I'm playing a no-win game and reduces my overall interest in the product? I'm sure I can't be alone in that feeling.
You aren't. I'm at the point where I can accept that I don't need every digital piece of every game, but it does still seem annoying.

Real curious to see how this turns out.

No intent on buying or playing it though unless it turns out to be the stealth amazing and all the awkwardness around this game leading up to release was all just for nothing.

even if the game turns out to be pretty good someone will find something wrong post a thread and everyone who hasn't played it will probably shit on it. As always lol

Skux

Edit: The Gold Edition includes the season pass, which includes all DLC.

Frillen

I'm about five hours in and I'm enjoying it quite a bit more than Unity. Most importantly though, it performs significantly better than Unity, and the main character actually does what I want him to do (in regards to the parkour), most of the time anyway.

OrochiJR

Nice OT! Just a shame that we couldn't just rename that other one and make it the OT.

Anyway, the postman just handed me my copy of the Rooks Edition for the Xbone like 20 minutes ago, it's installing right now... will try it out when it's ready. Looking forward to some Evie action.

SURGEdude

even if the game turns out to be pretty good someone will find something wrong post a thread and everyone who hasn't played it will probably shit on it. As always lol

great, not even the OT can get away from the sad and fucking dumb AC bashing around here.

Meh. Ubi deserves whatever they get. Yes even to the point of overt pickiness. They've shit on their customers long enough for the mountain of scorn they're now being subjected to. Surprised it took until Unity to push people into realizing their bullshit. PC gamers and many others have been on the hate train for many moons.

Top Bottom