• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity Gamescom Demo

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
The scale of the Notre Dame is insane. Nothing in past AC games was that big. It's pretty awesome.

OUUUT THERE
LIVING IN THE SUN

tumblr_m680zkW69A1qfkyfw.gif

impact

Banned
Game looks beautiful but after Black Flag I really don't want to go back to old style of AC. Black Flag was awesome. I wish Rogue was coming to next gen bc it looks a lot more fun than Unity.
At least Rogue will be full HD (when Ubisoft ports it halfway through 2015)

sjay1994

I don't even understand this mentality at this point.

People still butthurt after watch dogs. Still dismiss proof that AC has always been visually consistant to what is shown in demos.

People bring up black flag trying to say it was downgraded from E3. Its not. All the effects from Black Flag e3 are still in the game, but not in the same location.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I think Ubi may have "dealt with" the italian uncut video. (._., ) Either that or youtube just doesn't want me to rewatch it again.

Kinyou

They rebuilt the HUD options too, you now have 3 HUD type with more or less elements on it, so I guess they thought for the "low elements HUD" to have just a pop up for mission objectives. You have the start menu anyway if you want to check on objectives (if there's still several optional objectives)
Oh didn't know that. Interesting, I hope they found a middle way.
Meanwhile in the Destiny threads, everybody complains that the mission objectives don't stay and instead fade away after a few seconds.
lol, I guess you can't please everyone

character models and visuals looks insane. incredible.Would have been really cool if we could create a character(not just change the hood or facial hair) and just do co-op missions around the city.

Crossing Eden

character models and visuals looks insane. incredible.Would have been really cool if we could create a character(not just change the hood or facial hair) and just do co-op missions around the city.
Oh no no no sir. It's much more complex than just changing the hood.
cQG5yAS.jpg

Toa TAK

Banned
All this customization and I'll probably just stick to the default outfit. >_<

But I want to see how you can customize the co-op appearance.

Toa TAK

Banned
Co-op appearance is the same as SP. The guys you see in co-op shots are just Arnos that are dressed different.
I meant how you can change your co-op appearance to others when they play with you.
Unless I'm wrong, I heard that was something you could do. I'm confused on this aspect.

Beards! actual beards! with like, hairs n stuff

goodbye playdoh hair, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out

(seriously this is the graphical thing I'm most excited about now games no longer have to be designed for ps3/360)

The scene where the gameplay starts n he stands on the roof looking at the cathedral looks insanely good, what platform is this video from? (or is it just the usual ubisoft false advertising where they run it on some pc at settings that won't make it into the final game)

Crossing Eden

Co-op appearance is the same as SP. The guys you see in co-op shots are just Arnos that are dressed different.

I meant how you can change your co-op appearance to others when they play with you.
Unless I'm wrong, I heard that was something you could do. I'm confused on this aspect.
During co-op, other players can see the gear/outfit that you are wearing, and also the weapons that you're using. However, when it comes to the face behind the hood. Every player sees themselves as Arno, yet when they look at another player, they see a different face under whatever hood the other players are wearing.

Strange I can't watch the video in 720p because it takes forever to buffer, but I can watch other 1080p videos on Youtube just fine. I just tested it, strange.

Toa TAK

Banned
During co-op, other players can see the gear/outfit that you are wearing, and also the weapons that you're using. However, when it comes to the face behind the hood. Every player sees themselves as Arno, yet when they look at another player, they see a different face under whatever hood the other players are wearing.
Thank you for clearing this up! A lot of back and forth about this.
Now I'm interested in seeing how the sequels will up the ante on the customization.

Crossing Eden

Some of these cinematics are CGI quality. Can't wait to see this uncompressed.
d7k61q5.png

TheMan

graphics looks good, but I've got series fatigue after playing all of the installments on 360 sans the very first one. this doesn't look different enough to truly pique my interest

The game looks incredible. Hopefully it looks this nice at whatever resolution it ends up at. I think it will. I didn't really have too much of an issue with Watch Dogs at 900p on PS4, but the AA and other (lack of) lighting effects ruined it. This looks stunning so that shouldn't be an issue.

There is something weird going on with the crowd, pop-in, flickering, I dont know exactly, outside that the game look awesome, god bless 1:1 and new animations.

Top Bottom