• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity Info from Game Informer

Vidpixel

Trigger = Run
Trigger + A = Climb up [parkour up]
Trigger + B = Climb down [parkour down]

So you'll never randomly run up a wall or get stuck on a treebranch or whatever when running ever again. God bless them for fixing an issue that's been an annoyance since the very first game.

Yep, this is probably my favorite change so far. The parkour was in dire need of updating, so hopefully this alleviates some of those issues you mentioned.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Gaz_RB

Love the refocus on player-driven assassinations. This is an element the series strayed away from after the investigative component of the original was gutted entirely and I've been wishing for a return since 2.

Yup, while most seem to think AC1 was the worst, I think it's actually one of the best because of it's assassinations.

Toa TAK

Banned
Removing countering in combat? Holy hell, yes! Make me struggle with these fights, Ubi.

The additions to the control scheme for climbing and descending are a dream come true. No more frustrations about randomly latching up a wall while chasing a target.

And refining the concepts of AC1 assassinations is music to my fucking ears.

Speaking of music, I can't wait until we finally get our hands on the soundtrack. It sounds good for the most part, and they still haven't revealed who is composing.

Right now, Ubisoft is saying all the right things (women controversy notwithstanding), and this is really the first time I'm following the development of a Ubisoft game this closely, unlike previous games where I just watched the trailers and didn't care after that.

Thing is, I don't expect much from Ubisoft in anything, so despite all the good things I'm hearing, I'm not expecting it to be a big game changer or to suddenly make the series something outside a 7-8/10 range. I would love to be wrong, though.

Symax

Yup, while most seem to think AC1 was the worst, I think it's actually one of the best because of it's assassinations.
goddamright.gif

You actually felt like an assassin playing this game. The soundtrack is the best one I ever heard in a assassins creed game.

I kinda hope this game has a happy ending. I think every AC game except maybe Revelations ends on a major bummer.

Well, killing Cesare felt damned good.

I loved the boats, it adds that feeling of exploration and adventure. Something Brotherhood and Revelations lacked and II could have done better.

In terms of best Assassins
I
say Kenway is best Assassin, in terms of personality

and Altair best Assassin in terms of most deadly/professional Assassin, as well as the wisest of the bunch

Nothing in this post is correct.

If you like Boats, there's Rogue & Black Flag.
No boats ever again would be perfectly fine with me, and I'm happy I won't see them in Unity.

And Altair had no actual personality, but was really, really good at collecting flags and being manipulated. Ezio could've been mute and had more to say than Mr. Driftwood.

Does anyone have a pre-order team going that I can join? Apparently there's a mission you can unlock if you fill a 4-person team of people who have preordered the game.

bumpkin

Does anyone have a pre-order team going that I can join? Apparently there's a mission you can unlock if you fill a 4-person team of people who have preordered the game.
I have it pre-ordered on XB1.

Is AC: Liberation any good? I'm in the mood for some AC and it's the only one I haven't played.
It's better than 3 by a long shot, although if you play it, avoid the Vita version; buggy as shit. I encountered a game breaking -- save destroying, even -- bug after finishing the 4th sequence.

I didn't restart the game, ended up YouTube'ing the rest of the game's story/cut-scenes instead.

KingJolly

Banned
Nothing in this post is correct.

If you like Boats, there's Rogue & Black Flag.
No boats ever again would be perfectly fine with me, and I'm happy I won't see them in Unity.

And Altair had no actual personality, but was really, really good at collecting flags and being manipulated. Ezio could've been mute and had more to say than Mr. Driftwood.

Lol nothing is correct in my post because I like boats and you don't, sheesh much logic. Yes I like boats and quite frankly AC4 is the best AC game for me in the series cause as I said has way better exploration than the previous AC games and a non cliche revenge story like the 2nd one had, which dragged on for too long.

and if you read what I wrote I never said Altiar had the best personality. I said he was the wisest and most talented Assassin, Ezio doesn't stand in the shadow of the true master Assassin.

Lol nothing is correct in my post because I like boats and you don't, sheesh much logic. Yes I like boats and quite frankly AC4 is the best AC game for me in the series cause as I said has way better exploration than the previous AC games and a non cliche revenge story like the 2nd one had, which dragged on for too long.

and if you read what I wrote I never said Altiar had the best personality. I said he was the wisest and most talented Assassin, Ezio doesn't stand in the shadow of the true master Assassin.

Boats was only part of the problem, but yes.

And Altair is the wisest and most talented Assassin?
yDj6y.png

KingJolly

Banned
Lol, hope you were kidding

He was a master assassin at the age of 18. Ezio in in 30's go figure.

Above gif shows Altair kicking ass at the age of 92.

Did Ezio live up to the age of 92? No he didn't.

Er, isn't he? He's the most well-known, his skills were legendary and he had knowledge of all those devices and entrapments that awed even Leonardo da Vinci.

Exactly, even though I have no problem with his personality due to most of it being covered through the comics (and Revelations) I know many others would percieve him as boring and would vastly prefer Ezio or Kenway, but talent wise he's unmatched.

NO MORE AUTO-FAIL MISSIONS! The missions now adapt to what happens when you play and don't follow any script. There will be changes and consequences for how you handle missions, but no longer will you get desynchronized for being spotted.

But isn't that the whole point of the Animus? To synchronize data matching up to the historicity of the DNA? As much as I like this new concept, how is the data being interpreted this time around when there is only 1 true historical outcome, or am I missing something here? (didn't play Black Flag)

But isn't that the whole point of the Animus? To synchronize data matching up to the historicity of the DNA? As much as I like this new concept, how is the data being interpreted this time around when there is only 1 true historical outcome, or am I missing something here? (didn't play Black Flag)

In Black Flag they pretty much tossed all the canon animus shit out the window. Now the Animus is a VR game thing or something made by some company for consumers. Yeah just ignore it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, according to cannon, they seemed to have made the Animus more stable so the sync thing is not so strict anymore.

Altair is by far the most interesting character out of the bunch and has the most interesting arc and happens to be in both of my favorite AC games.

jbw

Banned
Ahh... Now we get to see what the new platforms will bring, along with what kind of crappy story they've come up with to keep the series going.

my expectations for this game are in check, i got burned on ac3 and passed on ac4, i know theres going to be some fun memorable parkouring in this game, but i know there will be some lack of polish and mission variety, but this game looks to be aiming for something better in terms of mission structure so im interested to see how this title turns out, dynamic missions is something this series should have always had, i love the new emphasis on stealth and hopefully they can build on that

Top Bottom