• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity is 79p on Xbox One, how is it so cheap?

Blue Lou

Once again, the CDKeys website is selling the Xbox One version of Assassin's Creed Unity for 79p ($1).

It's never this price for any other platform, it's always the Xbox One version.

How are they able to acquire the codes and sell them on at such a price?

blakep267

Once again, the CDKeys website is selling the Xbox One version of Assassin's Creed Unity for 79p ($1).

There were a bunch of bundles in 2014.

spad3

I will gladly accept a US code if you end up with a spare :)

Vashetti

Banned

They're codes gutted from bundles.

oti

Banned

Must be the fact that Microsoft had a marketing deal for this game and the resulting Xbox One bundle just didn't sell at all. Hence there are a lot of these codes floating around unsold, which lowers the price.

supandi

Neo Member
Also the DLC will be free. Unity got a lot of hate when it launched and rightly so.
After all the fixes, it is definitely playable.

blakep267

Must be the fact that Microsoft had a marketing deal for this game and the resulting Xbox One bundle just didn't sell at all. Hence there are a lot of these codes floating around unsold, which lowers the price.
The bundle actual did sell a ton. Just that they made even more.

TheYanger

The bundle can sell and still generate a lot of codes. I know I bought the bundle and sold my code here on gaf when the system came out, kept black flag.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It's a bad, broken 4 year old game. You'd have to pay me 79p to even consider downloading it.

Arun1910

It's the best Assassin's Creed game.

It has the best Parkour System and best Graphics but it has a bland protagonist and a subpar story. The game did a lot of stuff well but the story was horrible.

For Instance, he always bangs on about his Father yet he never once thinks about going after his killer. In fact, its not mentioned once, nothing about Shay is, yet in Rogue you find out that you, Shay, kill Arnos Father.

I was expecting Arno to eventually hunt down Shay as it would give the player a nice Dynamic seeing as you have played as both Characters and know why each one did what they did.

But nah.

Last edited:

makaveli60

It has the best Parkour System and best Graphics but it has a bland protagonist and a subpar story. The game did a lot of stuff well but the story was horrible.

For Instance, he always bangs on about his Father yet he never once thinks about going after his killer. In fact, its not mentioned once, nothing about Shay is, yet in Rogue you find out that you, Shay, kill Arnos Father.

I was expecting Arno to eventually hunt down Shay as it would give the player a nice Dynamic seeing as you have played as both Characters and know why each one did what they did.

But nah.
Agree. Animations shit on Odyssey's and the graphics are still beautiful. Paris was awesome, but the story was a let down and Arno felt like an Ezio wannabe.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

But nah.
I agree that the story was weak, but it had the best gameplay. And the stories of the other Assassin's Creed games were nothing to write home about either, so I rather have a better playing (and looking, man does Unity look awesome) game than a slightly better story that's still pretty stupid and presented in a stilted way.

Arun1910

I agree that the story was weak, but it had the best gameplay. And the stories of the other Assassin's Creed games were nothing to write home about either, so I rather have a better playing (and looking, man does Unity look awesome) game than a slightly better story that's still pretty stupid and presented in a stilted way.

Gameplay wise I thought the combat was also always broken. The premise was good, but it was glitchy. Guards could pick you up from a mile away even with the Phantom darts, stealth was half arsed (you couldnt even go around corners crouched in a stealth game whilst hugging to cover) and many times the block/counter would send the enemy facing the other way for whatever reason.

CeeJay

It's the best Assassin's Creed game.

Jeez, if this is the best one then I don't feel bad for it being the only one I've ever bought (from CD keys) or played. It was very mediocre with some quite nice graphics in places.

DonJimbo

I played it on my ps4 but there were no technical problems that i read years ago before and during the release

Zimmy68

It was a miraculous failure. I think the team was too ambitious and expected the new hardware of the consoles to be able to handle it much better.
It is one of my favorite AC and I've played them all. It was a huge shock to me when I started playing since they gimped the combat compared to the previous game and took away the whistle, which I loved.

The game looks beautiful with amazing crowds.
The map was the perfect size.
The side missions like building up your base and hotels around the city, had great content and missions.
The free DLC (King something) was fantastic and added some new mechanics.
When not glitchy, the multiplayer Co-Op is so much fun. I really wish they would hone this and bring it back.

I'd say it is worth the $1 they charge but I doubt the people buying it today will give it the time it needs.

It does have the worst lead in all Assassin games, the dude was just not threatening.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It was a miraculous failure. I think the team was too ambitious and expected the new hardware of the consoles to be able to handle it much better.
It is one of my favorite AC and I've played them all. It was a huge shock to me when I started playing since they gimped the combat compared to the previous game and took away the whistle, which I loved.

The game looks beautiful with amazing crowds.
The map was the perfect size.
The side missions like building up your base and hotels around the city, had great content and missions.
The free DLC (King something) was fantastic and added some new mechanics.
When not glitchy, the multiplayer Co-Op is so much fun. I really wish they would hone this and bring it back.

I'd say it is worth the $1 they charge but I doubt the people buying it today will give it the time it needs.

It does have the worst lead in all Assassin games, the dude was just not threatening.

I think the story was the CPU being the issue combined with growing pains of the new engine, combined with the inability to delay the game due to the release schedule

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Gameplay wise I thought the combat was also always broken. The premise was good, but it was glitchy. Guards could pick you up from a mile away even with the Phantom darts, stealth was half arsed (you couldnt even go around corners crouched in a stealth game whilst hugging to cover) and many times the block/counter would send the enemy facing the other way for whatever reason.
Not to mention they took out the whistle.

there were way too many. no one wanted it at 4.99. it just kept going down and down. i believe it came in bundles on console, and on pc i believe it came with some graphic cards.

Skyfox

Wasnt there some scandal though where Ubisoft tried to cancel a bunch of keys?

I thought that had influenced the price of this particular game...

Regginator

Were the PC versions that cheap, too? I'm looking for one right as we speak, but I can't find one for a similar price. Still $12 on cdkeys :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom