• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity possible leak *potential spoilers*

Information here, you can still apply but there are already loads of people still waiting to actually get selected.

Unlike some of the people who have signed I actually respect the NDA and try not to ruin it for everyone else.

You can't link what this topic is about to the company either. Respecting an NDA is: Say nothing, not even a bit. No hints, clues...you know nothing.

valkyre

I know its a beta , but my god the game looks quite "bad".

Huge amount of pop in, I mean the crowd pop in right next to you is a joke, huge amounts of screen tearing... and the gameplay seems really "rough"..

Dont really know how old this beta build is, but if it isnt a very old build, then I am really concerned over the state the game will be released upon... 2 months aint enough to fix this shit.

The Xbox One beta seems to be running at 792p like Watch Dogs.
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=50676&page=169

So safe to assume ps4 900p?

Still it is far and beyond those bold statements Ubi made 2 months ago about targeting 1080p/60fps.... seriously why make such stupid and embarrassing comments, when you know you simply wont deliver it? Is Ubi in love with getting their fanbase angry or something lol?

Kezen

Banned
Huge amount of pop in, I mean the crowd pop in right next to you is a joke, huge amounts of screen tearing... and the gameplay seems really "rough"..
Dont really know how old this beta build is, but if it isnt a very old build, then I am really concerned over the state the game will be released upon... 2 months aint enough to fix this shit.
Stuttering and glitches will be fixed.
Unfortunately, texture quality does not seem to be on par with expectations. It's possible that textures have been downgraded not to inflate the size of the beta, I will be very disappointed if they don't undergo a major overhaul. It actually looks like a step back compared to Black Flag which had great texture details. My fear is Unity being much bigger in scope than AC4 means Ubisoft will have to sacrifice texture quality. From the footage released so far this is my biggest gripe, I expected so much more given the RAM at the disposal of developpers in those new consoles.
To make matter worse the PC version will probably require an insane amount of horsepower to run at 1080p/max settings and 60fps while not looking much better, I still look forward to HBAO+ and TXAA but I don't think anything more will come out of Ubisoft and Nvidia's collaboration.

1080p is a safer bet, but 60fps seems out of the question on consoles.

Still it is far and beyond those bold statements Ubi made 2 months ago about targeting 1080p/60fps.... seriously why make such stupid and embarrassing comments, when you know you simply wont deliver it? Is Ubi in love with getting their fanbase angry or something lol?
To be fair he was the creative director and not the lead programmer or anything like that.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
iI48ZRLodhje6.gif

ijPKxCN29rGgG.gif

So...those animations looks/feel like intentional water marking.

It is an INTERNAL beta and you aren't safe in assuming anything. You also have no idea what the internal beta was actually meant to be testing.

MayMay

Banned
I just noticed the Hud in this is different compared to the recent Gamescom demo

Beta
3d3c08943e2a8f32be85fb6187897c8e.png

Gamescom Demo
197343f3095c392b23b15455bf2c16c9.png

The first one definitely looks somewhat unfinished, another indication that its an old build.

valkyre

It is an INTERNAL beta and you aren't safe in assuming anything. You also have no idea what the internal beta was actually meant to be testing.

Why do some people have the need to reply in such aggressive manner?

Was my post insulting? Absurd? Or even provoking you?

Didnt I explicitly state that I know it is a beta and that it is subject to change?

Or perhaps you find it irritating that i expressed a few comments based on what I saw? I dont get it...

Why do some people have the need to reply in such aggressive manner?

Was my post insulting? Absurd? Or even provoking you?

Didnt I explicitly state that I know it is a beta and that it is subject to change?

Or perhaps you find it irritating that i expressed a few comments based on what I saw? I dont get it...

I didn't find your post insulting, maybe a bit absurd but nor did it provoke me. I am not irritated at all by your comment, though you seem to be by mine. I was merely expressing my thoughts on your statement about how bad the footage looked and beginning to guess resolutions.

I hope you get it.

Carn82

for what it's worth, I've heard rumours through the Ubi-grapevine that it will be Watchdogs-downgradathon again.

Kezen

Banned
for what it's worth, I've heard rumours through the Ubi-grapevine that it will be Watchdogs-downgradathon again.

And what is the excuse this time around ? Watch Dogs underwent a pretty significant "downgrade" because of the necessity of developping for both generation of consoles. Compromises had to be made and I still think the final game looks good enough but in the case of Unity what could lead to a graphical downgrade ?

Watch Dogs was shown years before the games release and the consoles it was being released on. There's no way there's a Watch Dogs level "downgrade", especially considering all footage we have been shown has been 5 months before release.

Kezen

Banned
So 900p on PS4 and 792p on Xbone?
I don't pretend to be a soothsayer but 1080p seems more realistic considering the PS4's GPU advantage.
Microsoft had different priorities when designing the Xbox One, this makes sub1080p games expeceted on PS4.

cackhyena

A mod is free to contact me to ask for more info; but that is just what I've been told.

That would make little sense given how close to release it is, and seemingly running fine at these events. Hiccups like frozen people in the crowd and clipping aside.

sjay1994

That would make little sense given how close to release it is, and seemingly running fine at these events. Hiccups like frozen people in the crowd and clipping aside.

Not to mention their is no justification for a "downgrade"

Watch Dogs made sense because they had to make a game for PS3/360/WiiU as well and they overestimated the specs of the next gen consoles.

The only faults in the builds we have seen are pop in and Ai bugs and they are working to fix that.

It seems that post watch dogs, people are taking every ubisoft game and putting it under a magnifying glass, and the most minute discrepancy is called as "downgradeaton"

Top Bottom