• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity PS4 version leaked and footage (Spoilers)

Valnen

Framerate seems kind of rotten, and I definitely saw some screen tearing in there. If that's how it looks when you're just walking around inside a building I hate to see what it's like when you're climbing stuff. Maybe it's just the video encoding or something?

There's visible aliasing too =(.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
And how do you... Oh yea, you're the CEO of ubisoft, duh!
How do you know that? You must really be Yves. In that case, can you tell me if there is a dynamic day/night cycle or if the lighting is pre-baked per sequence?
0IYDJul.png

Gamescom, also no day and night cycle. >.>

All the gorgeous geometry and detail - but we must pretend not to notice the ornate frame around a fake mirror that reflects a blurry generic bitmap :(

quick someone design a graphics chip that can do bezier triangles for curved surfaces, and low cost reflectivity at least to one bounce.

Getting tired of fake mirrors and hexagonal wheels.

AdanVC

Graphically looks really nice and detailed. Huge props to the environment artists. Looks like this game didn't suffer any downgrade wich is good. However those shadows... or I mean, the lack of. It's like they just leave it all the work to the Ambient Occlusion pass and they forgot to turn on the Shadow Pass. But still looks really nice.

Looks better than i thought!

Edit. Also, i like how it sounds on french. I'm gonna play this with audio on French and subs on English :p
Agreed on the French. It sounds so, so much better like that. Definitely they way to play if we can!
You would think the voice over not matching the facial animation at all would bug you more.
Unmatched facial animations or completely inaccurate voices for the time and setting that potentially ruins immersion? Meh. I'll take the unmatched animations myself.

On Demand

Banned
All the gorgeous geometry and detail - but we must pretend not to notice the ornate frame around a fake mirror that reflects a blurry generic bitmap :(

quick someone design a graphics chip that can do bezier triangles for curved surfaces, and low cost reflectivity at least to one bounce.

Getting tired of fake mirrors and hexagonal wheels.

The PS2 was suppose to have that wasn't it? I remember Ken Kutaragi talking about it.

EDIT-

Or not exactly the PS2 but he was talking about future consoles.

Yoday

Looks great! I am so excited for this game, it makes me sad that before the delay I could have been playing it now. Oh well, hopefully the delay was actually for optimization and not a marketing decision.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Environment looks good but the characters' faces and skin look almost the same as in ACIV. It stands out compared to everything else.

Aesius

Yeah, this clip sold me on it. Even if the French voice acting is bad, I can't tell, so it's always good in my head.

There is a total conversion mod of Oblivion that only features German voice acting and subtitles.

I actually found it far more immersive than I would have with English voice acting.

Top Bottom