• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity PS4 version leaked and footage (Spoilers)

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
How spoiled is this kid that he bumps into someone without apologizing? Noble children. ._.

Looks good. after seeing some of the new info videos i got back on with getting the game after I kinda wrote it off when the whole avoid debates and stuff came around.

Now I know there isnt a day/night cycle but does anyone know if weather is in? weather is a big thing in making a open world like this feel more alive and real so if any one has info on that I would really appreciate it.

Crossing Eden

Looks good. after seeing some of the new info videos i got back on with getting the game after I kinda wrote it off when the whole avoid debates and stuff came around.

Now I know there isnt a day/night cycle but does anyone know if weather is in? weather is a big thing in making a open world like this feel more alive and real so if any one has info on that I would really appreciate it.
Dynamic weather is still in. With global illumination and i'm pretty sure cloud simulation as well. Game looks quite different depending on the weather.

Looks beautiful. If/when I get this game, I think I'll play it in French with subtitles. The English accents were I bad decision I think, and even in that short clip the French language made that feeling of being in a foreign setting far more powerful.

Yep. Might just get this game in french with english subtitles.

zkorejo

That happened a bit too early. I hope i remain spoiler free until i play it for myself.

Leaking 12 days before release kind of sucks.

Crossing Eden

Maybe no news is good news. I really want to be excited about this game, but fear the big crowds with induce a slideshow.
Remember that the game technically isn't finished and that there's a presumably relatively large day one patch coming.

Ateron

Maybe no news is good news. I really want to be excited about this game, but fear the big crowds with induce a slideshow.

I'm having AC1 flashbacks. We'll know how this game performs soon enough. All I want at this point is a stable 30fps, like Black Flag. If they had to lower the resolution in order to achieve this, then I don't mind that much. But if they compromised resolution and still can't get it to run smoothly it will be a shame. I'm waiting for a tech analysis before buying this one.

The clip was pretty but the lack of shadows was jarring. Can't judge the fps or screen tearing (or lack of) from this compressed video, but it still looks pretty.

Elios83

I don't want to look at the stream because of the spoilers but honestly Ubisoft is the master of bugs and rushed games. If they delayed the game it's because the retail version they're currently streaming is full of bugs/glitches unacceptable even for their standards..while the discs were printed in time, the extra time is needed for a super mega day one patch...so what we're seeing here might not give the best possible impression about the game.
Just going by logic and considering it's Ubisoft, as I said I'm not watching :p

Kevyt

Looks great!
I think it's cool that you can play as young Arno
Reminds me of playing as young Drake in Uncharted 3.
The frame-rate looks smooth. The NPC's also seem much better now, more detailed, and more "alive." I'm surprised by the large interior building areas, they look really good! Here's hoping that the PC version is a decent port.

The leaker is remarkably quiet.

How is it possible to get an early copy of this game? Has Unity even gone gold? Is this a "test" disc or something related?

Looks great! I think it's cool that you can play as young Arno.

How is it possible to get an early copy of this game? Has Unity even gone gold? Is this a "test" disc or something related?

how is young drake a spoiler tho? its not like its anything major. also thats not how you mark spoilers. that is of course if you actually do consider that a spoiler, if not and you only marked it like so cause you just felt like it, carry on

Elios83

Hironically the biggest spoiler is the part without the spoiler tags:D
But hey the cat was let out of the bag already. Not your fault.

There was some french website selling it early, I think they only had a few copies though. Long sold out now

Dead

well not really...yet
AC2 start as a kid
AC3 start as a kid
Unity start as a kid

Clearly Ubi fucked up with the numbering between 4 and this.

Crossing Eden

AC2 start as a kid
AC3 start as a kid
Unity start as a kid

Clearly Ubi fucked up with the numbering between 4 and this.
IIRC A child sequence was planned for 4 but it was cut since they thought the story worked without it, Aveline got a child sequence as well.

So... the faces and hair look pretty bad, like Xenoblade bad. But animations, environment detail and lighting (despite lack of certain shadows) look great.

Kevyt

how is young drake a spoiler tho? its not like its anything major. also thats not how you mark spoilers. that is of course if you actually do consider that a spoiler, if not and you only marked it like so cause you just felt like it, carry on

If I hadn't played Uncharted 3, I would consider that a spoiler, so yeah... Even though it's not really spoiling much.

Hironically the biggest spoiler is the part without the spoiler tags:D
But hey the cat was let out of the bag already. Not your fault.

Yeah the cat is out the bag. If you clicked on this thread and watched the video. But wait, some people haven't so you're right... I should probably add a spoiler tag to it as well! My mistake, I wasn't paying attention.

There was some french website selling it early, I think they only had a few copies though. Long sold out now

Hmm... I see. That's interesting. I always imagined Ubisoft and major publishers are always super uptight about their releases that they would go after retailers that sell their games early. So it's interesting.

Doesn't look too bad at all. Gotta love the architecture and attention to detail. Gotta give the devs props, each AC game has been visually pleasing in their attempts at historical accuracy.

I'll probably pick it up sometime next year, as I'm getting a little bored of Assassin's Creed games, Never been too big a fan, as they seem a little too similar.

Plus I'm buying CoD next week.

JK but not really

Vidpixel

So, I guess the lighting is like Infamous: Second Son, where dynamic shadows are only casted from the sun and other specified light sources? Either that, or the seemingly lack of shadows is merely due to the particular time of day in the video.

Teeth

Polygon to write an article about how the way a young boy runs after a young girl is not the same way an assassin runs after a target.

That's offensive.

But there are screens released at night?

Assassins_Creed_Unity_SP_ArnoEscaping__1_.0.0_cinema_640.0.jpg

gaming-assassins-creed-unity-09.jpg

AC-Unity-2.jpg

So, I guess the lighting is like Infamous: Second Son, where dynamic shadows are only casted from the sun and other specified light sources? Either that, or the seemingly lack of shadows is merely due to the particular time of day in the video.

Or rather a global illumination system with no use of ambient occlusion like Driveclub.

Top Bottom