• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins creed Valhalla looks so good now!

Concern

Surprisingly does look better than the earlier footage. But its still AC, i haven't been able to finish one in a long time.

Maybe I'll try it out considering this holiday is lacking imo.

Stuart360

Here is a video with just the gameplay. The blood effects look awesome.

Some of the animation looks a bit wonky, but the gore looks great. That polar bear fight looked awesome. Crazy really that this is doing 4k/60 on next gen but Yakuza is only 1440p/60 lol. I mean Ubisoft are hardly the masters of game optimization in the first place, not on pc anyway.

Last edited:

martino

Here is a video with just the gameplay. The blood effects look awesome.

giphy.gif

daveonezero

Banned
Wow looks like "Vikings: The Game".

I really like how that looks. Plus it's a looter now like Diablo. I knew the last few games did that but I didn't pay attention to those at all.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
It looks good, but I will wait a few months. I got the RTX Watchdogs to play through and then Cyberpunk and I want to play with the Quest 2 a little. Maybe this is a March game or something.

SinDelta

My biggest interest in this is being able to build up a settlement.

I wonder if there will be a quest that is a shout out to the 13th Warrior, ect?

Worst comes to worst I can play Odin Sphere, Age of Mythology or God of War 4 for some Norse Myth. Also Control
but its in the janitors closet.

Last edited:

Aion002

I never understood the hate for this game. It always looked pretty good.
I believe that's because it looks too similar to Odyssey, that is similar to Origins...

I don't mean the graphics, but the overall game (gameplay, structure and other stuff).

I think AC is great when it tries new things, the quality jump from AC1 to 2 was huge, then 3 brought new things, 4 expanded, Unity was shy in innovation, Syndicate was kind of a spin of with new stuff, Origins was close to a master piece and Odyssey expanded it.... This one seems to have too little improvements from Odyssey...

Also, It's Ubisoft..... So people are afraid that the main character will be a sensible Viking that is against Viking things and is the good guy invading kingdoms that are all evil, because reasons....

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm beyond excited for this. Looks awesome. I loved Odyssey, but vastly prefer the setting of this one.

Can't see the "so good" part but whatever, I just hope the final experience will be on a decent level of polishing. To me the graphics is totally meh, nothing that stands out so I can't say I'm impressed.

Dargor

I must be taking some crazy pills cuz that ain't looking "so good" to me at all.

Its looking ok, at best, in my opinion. Barely better than odyssey.

Not sure how I feel about a game where I'm playing a notorious murdering conquerer at war with an "evil king" defending his homeland. What next Cecil Rhodes Creed? I'm offended. I demand this game is banned. #racistubisoft

See how that works woke people?

Last edited:

Thabass

IT'S LIKE THIS FUCKING GAME WAS UNDER DEVELOPMENT OR SOMETHING.

Honestly, sometimes you guys get too overrworked over games before they're released. Y'all need to learn how to relax and wait for the final product.

Not to say that it's always like that *cough*Avengers*cough*

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Enjoyed the videos. Gameplay looks pretty good, but the clips are pretty short. Need a longer gameplay walkthrough for further inspection. Thought the main character was a chick. This was running on a PC or series X? Because at the end of the 3rd video they showed box art for the XsX version. Hope it was running on XsX! Would be hyped if it was!

VFXVeteran

Banned
This footage must be from the PC version. It looks better than any other footage that has been shown. Now I'm actually considering it.

Andodalf

Banned
Odyssey was a pretty game, Honestly all this game had to do was add some better ground textures and some better post effects to be a stunner

Portugeezer

Not mind blowing, but it went from looking good, to bad, now good again. It's shaping up to be a good next gen launch game.

Last edited:

Rikkori

Naaaaahhhh. I'm a huge new AC fanboy but this looks decidedly middling, and graphically it looks straight up outdated. To be expected, not really hating them for it, but I just can't get that excited for it & it's clear that the big jump will be the next one instead when they can update their tech.

dV8tR

Neo Member
This game is looking better each time I see it. I think I will pick it up after I'm through Cyberpunk. Agree with the poster above - the decaps/finishers look epic !

Top Bottom