• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla: PS5 vs Xbox Series X Graphics Comparison

scalman

If you own a series X you'll still enjoy the game if its for you.
If you own a ps5 you will also enjoy the game if it's the game for you.

The end
Same for pc 1080p version on 30-40fps. You play the game and you dont know better. You dont know how better res look and dont care. Pc is more then enough for now. Even older spec one. Still runs all well. This game runs better then legion. I guess different engines.

Sw0pDiller

So PS5 version is boss i guess? a whole 2 minutes faster than last gen is crazy good. + the PS5 wont tear your screen up and and extra graphical details.... this gen is going to be close and both systems are really great.

Been playing both series x version and ps5
There is definitely a noticeable difference in the series x version...I’m running them both on a lg oled and the series x is much smoother and much clearer than the ps5 and I suspect the comparisons will show

there is also tearing on both versions

Stuart360

There is definitely a noticeable difference in the series x version...I’m running them both on a lg oled and the series x is much smoother and much clearer than the ps5 and I suspect the comparisons will show

Interesting. What about framerate?, would you say one drops a bit more than the other?.

Interesting. What about framerate?, would you say one drops a bit more than the other?.
I can’t tell the framerate....all I can see is the ps5 version seems a little rougher and not as smooth...it’s not terrible but you definitely notice it when u jump between the 2
Been a fun day of gaming

49GwimJ.jpg

Last edited:
I can’t tell the framerate....all I can see is the ps5 version seems a little rougher and not as smooth...it’s not terrible but you definitely notice it when u jump between the 2
Been a fun day of gaming

49GwimJ.jpg
Odd. When there is no tearing both versions should run smoothly at 60fps. Do you have the PS5 version or PS4 + upgrade version?

mitchman

Gold Member

Probably because PS5 doesn't yet have VRR implemented, it does make wonders for smoothness. Surprised you see tearing if you have VRR enabled, what LG OLED are you using?

Ps5 version.....definitely not 60fps
As soon as u rotate the camera u notice it and it can be a little annoying in some of the battles
It should be 60fps on PS5. The devs announced it. And if you see tearing even on XSX it means there is no VRR in this game so both versions should be as smooth. Maybe Ubisoft didn't patch the game yet on PS5 somehow?

MrFunSocks

Banned
So PS5 version is boss i guess? a whole 2 minutes faster than last gen is crazy good. + the PS5 wont tear your screen up and and extra graphical details.... this gen is going to be close and both systems are really great.
Why do you think the PS5 version has no screen tearing?

Series X load times almost identical to the PS5s. I thought all PS5 games loaded instantly at all times?

mitchman

Gold Member
Lg cx55

agree with you on the vrr....hopefully it’s a firmware update away
Curious, do you have VRR enabled? I see no tearing on my B9 65". Do you have the latest firmware installed, version 5 something?

Series X load times almost identical to the PS5s. I thought all PS5 games loaded instantly at all times?
They're likely not using the new APIs on either platform for loading, so loading will be CPU bound.

Last edited:
1 minue 32 seconds for xsx vs 49 seconds for ps5 . Loads are not identical while starting the game .
Realistically speaking, I think most people would pick the version that does the initial load slower but performs better once in game. Plus after you load it once, it stays in "Quick Resume" so in theory, you only have to do it one time.

Last edited:
Realistically speaking, I think most people would pick the version that does the initial load slower but performs better once in game. Plus after you load it once, it stays in "Quick Resume" so in theory, you only have to do it one time.
Well if u wanna look it that way.,People will choose the platform they like regardless of which one performs better or worse .

Data Ghost

I started playing this last night on my Xbox Series X. I just find these games so janky and was turned off just during the intro sequence. I basically had the game for free so I'm not complaining too much but yeah, IMO its crap.

Last edited:

whyman

No actual framerate comparisons and tearing analysis yet? Was expecting more coverage now that both consoles are out.

Thats subjective. Not everyone is into gimmicks, and its hard to go back to Playstation stick placement after playing on Xbox pads.
No need for some of you to start sweating yet, wait for the comparisons at least.

The controller has received rave reviews. A few pixels here and there is much less likely to have an impact on decisioning than an innovative controller.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Curious, do you have VRR enabled? I see no tearing on my B9 65". Do you have the latest firmware installed, version 5 something?

They're likely not using the new APIs on either platform for loading, so loading will be CPU bound.
The PS5 doesn’t have VRR.

Even if it’s not using the new APIs it should still be faster than the Xbox.

YoodlePro

XBOX brigade is out in full force today!
MrFunSocks MrFunSocks and Stuart360 Stuart360 doing old Uncle Phil's work diligently.

The controller has received rave reviews. A few pixels here and there is much less likely to have an impact on decisioning than an innovative controller.

Bruh, the controller is getting praised left and right, more so than the console itself.
You're so blinded by your obvious fanboyism that you can't accept that some of the features are truly revolutionary and not "gimmicks". Don't even get me started on that stick placement.

Same design on that xbox controller for 10 years. Smh.

MrFunSocks

Banned
1 minue 32 seconds for xsx vs 49 seconds for ps5 . Loads are not identical while starting the game .
lol those weren’t the times. It was 1:26 vs 0:51. Couldn’t even help yourself but to try and sneak a few more seconds on the Xbox and remove a few from the ps5 lol. What a joke you are lol.

The video even explains the difference - the Xbox has 3 more unskippable logo screens.

J_Gamer.exe

Disappointing, clearly still a last gen game in code.

We need ganes properly coded for this new hardware.

All these long screens designed to hide loading on last gen aren't needed.

We've seen whats possible on ps5 and even series x and waiting this long still is not a good reflection on the devs.

I'd expect ps5 to be 2-4 seconds and xbox 6-10.

Let's see more comparisons.

We know kena says 2 seconds, nba2k 2 seconds, spiderman under 2 sometimes 1.3. Etc etc.

mitchman

Gold Member
The PS5 doesn’t have VRR.

Even if it’s not using the new APIs it should still be faster than the Xbox.
He said he saw tearing on both platforms. And it is faster than the xbox on startup. In other cases, it's likely CPU limited so speed difference won't matter.

lol those weren’t the times. It was 1:26 vs 0:51. Couldn’t even help yourself but to try and sneak a few more seconds on the Xbox and remove a few from the ps5 lol. What a joke you are lol.

The video even explains the difference - the Xbox has 3 more unskippable logo screens.
Go play some games. U have been on this website for past 24 hours damage controlling and bringing excuses. If u play video games that is 😬👀

Sw0pDiller

Well, i did not see the screen tear up like we all witnessed on the xbox versions. that shit was just broken.
well... an almost 40 sec dfference seems really big between those next gen powerhouses. + AC is a cross generation game so they are a little capped by last gen architecture. If i look at the loading times of games like MIles, Demons, sackboy and astro... when you blink, you miss it. But i'm sure you dont want to see that.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned

Can you provide a capture screen which show to us the "noticeable" difference in sharpness between the 2 version? Forgive me but I don't trust too much to the personal point of views when we talk about that stuff and looking at your post history doesn't helps too.

Last edited:
This gen it’s not so clear. People may go with the PS5 version just because it has the much better controller.
That's very subjective. I hate rumble but some people had me thinking it might be better this time. I keep hearing how it rumbles even more often now and that just sounds terrible to me. My preference was way less but better feeling. This seems to be way more but better feeling. I'll try some friends with a semi open mind but I doubt I'll change it. I hate using Palm sanders.

Stuart360

That's very subjective. I hate rumble but some people had me thinking it might be better this time. I keep hearing how it rumbles even more often now and that just sounds terrible to me. My preference was way less but better feeling. This seems to be way more but better feeling. I'll try some friends with a semi open mind but I doubt I'll change it. I hate using Palm sanders.
I hate rumble, and always turn it off ingame, BUT i'm not totally against the PS5 controller, and may at some point buy one for PC, if devs keep supporting it in games. I really dont like the Playstation stick placements though.

Relax guys. These are launch games. They are cross gen. They have been Covid effected. I have no doubt there will be patches flying left and right for them.
It will take a generation to see any real differences between the consoles.
Last gen Ryse looked better than any launch PS4 game, yet when things settled the PS4 showed it's advantage.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Well, i did not see the screen tear up like we all witnessed on the xbox versions. that shit was just broken.

well... an almost 40 sec dfference seems really big between those next gen powerhouses. + AC is a cross generation game so they are a little capped by last gen architecture. If i look at the loading times of games like MIles, Demons, sackboy and astro... when you blink, you miss it. But i'm sure you dont want to see that.
What videos? You mean the ones with tearing on the Xbox one and one x versions but completely tear free locked 30fps on series S and locked 60fps on Series X? What videos are you talking about with tearing on the Series S/X versions?

like I’ve already pointed out twice, like the video shows, the longer initial load time is because the Xbox version has 3 more unskippable company and engine logos than it does on the ps5.

spider man is a cross generation game too remember lol. And sack boy.

Stuart360

Those load times make it clear that this game is not completely nextgen. Almost a minute on PS5 and more on XSX is ridiculous. I mean, it's Ubisoft. What could we expect.
The funny thing is its actually pretty quick on PC, and i only have it installed on one of my Sata SSD's. Its about 40 secs, and about half as long as Odyssey for some reason.

I hate rumble, and always turn it off ingame, BUT i'm not totally against the PS5 controller, and may at some point buy one for PC, if devs keep supporting it in games. I really dont like the Playstation stick placements though.
I despise the stick placement. It's because they were too cheap when they added analogues and just crammed them in the middle. Every time I pick up my PS4 controller I feel like the sticks are wrong. The kicker is it's the only controller I've used in months and every time it still feels bad.

Top Bottom