• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla - System Requirements

Barakov

Gold Member
It's gonna run like shit at launch exactly like origins and odissey, cpu at 100% while looking into a wall here we go đź•ş
Well, it is an Ubisoft developed PC game......
iu

GHG

The GTX 1080 and i7 6700 came out 2 to 3 years after the PS4/X1 and how much more powerful were they than the equivalent parts in the consoles and how much did they cost? This game is coming out on PS4/X1 and this is supposedly what it takes to hit 1080p 60fps at high settings. On the chart high settings seem to be in the middle.

It's not about what the parts were worth when they came out it's about what they're worth now. They are mid/low end parts by todays standards.

And no, medium settings tends to be the "middle" for PC games.

Madflavor

*After literally just upgrading my GPU from a RX 580 to a RTX 2060*

"Oh the PC Specs for Valhalla are out? Nice, let's see what my newly upgraded rig can do- oh....ok. What. Wait a minute........what?"

As per usual I expect there being incredibly inefficient with the power of a PC compared to a console. Why do I need a whopping great GTX 1080 and i7 just to reach 1080p and 60fps at high settings?
Because system requirements are inflated 99% of the time. This game will do 1440p/60fps on a 1080 at High settings.

Consoles will also probably run this game at medium/low settings, 30fps/1080p.

GymWolf

Because system requirements are inflated 99% of the time. This game will do 1440p/60fps on a 1080 at High settings.

Consoles will also probably run this game at medium/low settings, 30fps/1080p.
Very low chance of that, maybe in a couple of months and a lot of patches.

Last edited:

NT80

It's not about what the parts were worth when they came out it's about what they're worth now. They are mid/low end parts by todays standards.

And no, medium settings tends to be the "middle" for PC games.

If those are mid/low by today's standards what are the PS4/X1 that this game was made to run on? There are hardly any high end PC exclusives anymore so I always compare with consoles and the requirement for 1080p/60fps are whopping great parts next to them. If the PS4 had been released with those specs it'd almost have been a PS5. Seems like Ubisoft have a terrible track record when it comes to PC optimization though.

Top Bottom