• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla Writer Says He'd Love To Bring The Series To Brazil

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

While there have been countless rumors over the years, ranging from talks of feudal Japan to concept art that appeared to imply the main series was en route to China (which was already explored in Chronicles), I recently chatted with Assassin’s Creed Valhalla senior writer Alain Mercieca about all things Viking.

“Personally there are many [possibilities], too many to choose from if I’m being honest,” Mercieca says. “As someone who is obsessed with history you could get me excited about a niche group of warriors in a lost society on the island of Malta and I’d be ready to jump into it and make it pop.” I’m not sure about you, but I’d absolutely be down for Assassin’s Creed Malta. An Assassin’s Order story set in the original King’s Landing prior to Game of Thrones’ switch to Dubrovnik? Too good to be true, in my opinion. Sounds fake.

But Malta isn’t where Mercieca has his sights set. In fact, he’s mostly fascinated by a time period that Assassin’s Creed briefly touched in the past, but never went the whole hog with.

“On a grander scale I do feel there is a rich tapestry of culture in South America that the brand has yet to explore fully,” Mercieca tells me. “From the Incas to the Spanish Conquistadors, it is a very fascinating time. Though Black Flag did touch on some of it, I’m feeling more the Brazil region.”

SnapShot

tenor.gif

Renozokii

I skipped odyssey after origins because it looked to actiony and picked up valhalla after I grinded nearly my entire back log out after getting my ps5. I don’t get the hate. The combat isn’t the absolute best and the stealth is mid tier at best, but man I turn the game on and find myself losing hours of my day without even realizing. My girl loves it sitting there watching her Korean dramas I usually get her to turn off because I can’t handle the cringe. It’s fun. It really is. The side quest system is different than I’m used to. They tend to be less so missions but more random encounters like what rockstar started doing. Small, usually sub 10 minute encounters with usually comical dialogue. I seek them out because they aren’t usually about go here kill that, but are more about listening to the funny dialogue instead or are about the small things that remind us people in those times were more like us than we like to think. The story is genuinely pretty interesting so far, it can be a little cliche at times but there’s truly a lot of heart there. Idk, sorry for the rant. Valhalla is a super pretty game and while it’s nothing like old AC, I think it gets wayyy too much hate,

mhirano

He cited the Incas and Spanish conquistadors, and then named Brazil, one of the few territories colonized by the Portuguese...
Also, Brazilian aboriginal people were not a unique empire like the Incas but numerous small tribes.
Nevertheless, a Brazil-themed Assassin's Creed would be dope.

Fredrik

He cited the Incas and Spanish conquistadors, and then named Brazil, one of the few territories colonized by the Portuguese...
Also, Brazilian aboriginal people were not a unique empire like the Incas but numerous small tribes.
Nevertheless, a Brazil-themed Assassin's Creed would be dope.
You know now I want a Brazil Assassin’s Creed. They would hopefully research a lot and I get too bored by googling so maybe I could learn something without going back to school. Not that AC games aren’t stretching the truth but I really don’t know anything about Brazil, except they’re awesome at football I guess, and the women are beautiful, and Amazonas. Would probably look amazing as a AC game. Odyssey is amazingly beautiful too in many ways because of the setting. Valhalla was such a bore in comparison.

iorek21

Brasil is a pretty younger country so he is talking about 1600-1800? I mean after 1900 you have World Wars already.

I'd accept an Assassin's Creed during the Military Government, would be pretty dope.

But AC now is all about jungles, forests and swamps, so...

Stuart360

So for someone like me who isnt super knowledgable about Brazil history, what could the game center on?.

I'd love to see a AC game set in the Inca or Aztec age, Mayan age, one of them anyway lol.

So for someone like me who isnt super knowledgable about Brazil history, what could the game center on?.

I'd love to see a AC game set in the Inca or Aztec age, Mayan age, one of them anyway lol.
There isn’t really much, at least not as much as on the Spanish americas before 1750. The natives at the Brazilian side weren’t as organized as on the Spanish side. They were very scattered into smaller tribes. Also, most of the land was completely devoid of people.

Last edited:

While there have been countless rumors over the years, ranging from talks of feudal Japan to concept art that appeared to imply the main series was en route to China (which was already explored in Chronicles), I recently chatted with Assassin’s Creed Valhalla senior writer Alain Mercieca about all things Viking.

“Personally there are many [possibilities], too many to choose from if I’m being honest,” Mercieca says. “As someone who is obsessed with history you could get me excited about a niche group of warriors in a lost society on the island of Malta and I’d be ready to jump into it and make it pop.” I’m not sure about you, but I’d absolutely be down for Assassin’s Creed Malta. An Assassin’s Order story set in the original King’s Landing prior to Game of Thrones’ switch to Dubrovnik? Too good to be true, in my opinion. Sounds fake.

But Malta isn’t where Mercieca has his sights set. In fact, he’s mostly fascinated by a time period that Assassin’s Creed briefly touched in the past, but never went the whole hog with.

“On a grander scale I do feel there is a rich tapestry of culture in South America that the brand has yet to explore fully,” Mercieca tells me. “From the Incas to the Spanish Conquistadors, it is a very fascinating time. Though Black Flag did touch on some of it, I’m feeling more the Brazil region.”

Thats how they describe Malta instead of the magalithic temples there?

or yknow...more importantly....

the fucking POPEYE VILLAGE..which is still there since the movie was made

DSC_4290.jpg

MadPanda

Banned
I'd be happy with anything except western Europe and the USA. Give me something exotic like origins was, something I usually don't see in games.

Azurro

Banned
I wonder if they would also include a quest to propose to marry the princess of the neighboring Culhuacán and after she arrives, sacrifice her instead to Huitzilopochtli, skin her and then wear her skin when her father arrives for the wedding ceremony.

😅

Last edited:

mhirano

#XVI century: 'Discovery' by the portuguese
War with indigenous people
Indigenous slavery
Christian missions by the jesuits to convert indigenous people

#XVII century (this is by far the most interesting):
Travel to the west by the Bandeirantes with more conflicts with indigenous tribes
Black slavery in the sugar cane and coffee plantations (Brazil got the largest number of people brought from Africa)
Black resistance movements (Quilombo)

#XVIII century:
'Brazilian empire': Brazil colony turned into empire by the Portuguese royal family running from Napoleon

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Stay the fuck away from BR french cunts.
Go spread your talentless sheit somewhere else

kkkkkkkkkkkkk

Last edited:

Plantoid

Could be set in the empire, there was a plot to coup the emperor back then because the monarchy freed the slaves.. and the rich and powerful used slaves in their coffee plantations... There's a lot of interesting history behind that, maybe rio de janeiro?

I prefer a aztec Ac tho

ACESHIGH

Banned
Talking about South America Imagine a game about the spanish empire and colonies by french devs whose target audience are mainly anglo folk.

The black legend level would be over 9000.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
>Talks about civilization and events that happened to spanish colonies
>Says that wants bring the series to Brazil, a former portuguese colony.

They didn't even started, but already have a glaring misunderstanding of the region. Stay the hell way, please.

ethomaz

Banned

I don’t know maybe Brasil’s Bandeirantes (15xx-16xx) or the whole Colonization (1530-17xx) or Brasil Portuguese Empire (1808-1825).

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
Aztec AC would be cool

yeah. much better than brazil. cortes and moctezuma would be the most interesting story. that guy beat the aztecan gobernor with a super small army by turning their own people against him. moctezuma basically surrendered himself without even fighting. invited cortes to his palace to stay there for months and then he was imprisoned by cortes in his own city. he then converted to christianism and declared his allegiance to spain. he thought cortes was sent by quetzalcoatl.
it sounds a lot like a templar using an apple of eden if you ask me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom