• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins's Creed PS4 is now 1080p with AA.

Is the foliage on the PS4 version physically reactive to the weather and player movement? If it is I'll probably end up getting this version instead of PC since I don't feel like dealing with Ubisoft's lack of PC optimization and the game looks pretty damn sharp at native 1080p.

i'd say you have nothing to lose by getting it on PS4. it looks and plays great.

Cuyejo

I'm pretty sure people have posted comparisons prior in the thread but I saw some posts asking for some. Here are two screenshots (one prior to patch, one after):
i46YCSNlsUdXA.jpg

ib1IkmOJcJeQat.jpg

wow, the IQ is magnificent, that AA solution they used really gets the job done, maybe you can post more screenshots?

JDMC13

I'm pretty sure people have posted comparisons prior in the thread but I saw some posts asking for some. Here are two screenshots (one prior to patch, one after):
i46YCSNlsUdXA.jpg

ib1IkmOJcJeQat.jpg

Man either I'm getting too old or I need new glasses, because I honestly can't tell the difference. Only thing I noticed is the cloth next to the sword on his left side is a lot smoother in the top picture.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Taking the picture as a whole, nothing popped out. Looking at individual pieces like the plants, I still couldn't tell. Taking one last look, I guess the bottom one looks more blurry.

I feel I'm over the hill now. All this resolution stuff makes me realize how bad my eyes have gotten.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Is the foliage on the PS4 version physically reactive to the weather and player movement? If it is I'll probably end up getting this version instead of PC since I don't feel like dealing with Ubisoft's lack of PC optimization and the game looks pretty damn sharp at native 1080p.

I couldn't tell you for sure from memory about the weather, but it absolutely reacts to the player model. Sneaking around in brush is a major stealth mechanic so it really stands out.

SRTtoZ

Man either I'm getting too old or I need new glasses, because I honestly can't tell the difference. Only thing I noticed is the cloth next to the sword on his left side is a lot smoother in the top picture.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Taking the picture as a whole, nothing popped out. Looking at individual pieces like the plants, I still couldn't tell. Taking one last look, I guess the bottom one looks more blurry.

I feel I'm over the hill now. All this resolution stuff makes me realize how bad my eyes have gotten.

Are you viewing this on a 1080p monitor? The bottom picture is blurry and the top picture is crystal clear. When I see the bottom one I feel the need to squint like I'm not wearing my glasses and NO, this is not hyperbole.

Looks great on ps4! I'm loving the look of it all and the gameplay seems good. Streaming it now if anyone wants to see!

http://www.twitch.tv/thetrinitrin

Checking it out now.

RedAssedApe

Banned
had my console in standby. thought the update would have downloaded while i was at work. not the case. download didnt start until i started up my ps4 just now. are auto-updates during standby not active yet? :\

AllenShrz

In motion is quite easy to spot the differences in resolution.

Dead

well not really...yet

The bottom one seems smeared in vaseline. Blur coating over the character, background elements, etc. The top is 100% crystal clear with much crisper textures everywhere.

clem84

Gold Member

I can't see the difference either. Something wrong with my eyes too? The bottom one is more blurry. That's all I see.

Nabs

You should definitely consider getting new glasses.

The IQ looks fantastic, especially for an open-world game.

The smoother cloth in the top picture is the anti-aliasing.

If you were able to notice that, then you should be able to notice the resolution. Look at a large object like the broken barrel for example. It doesn't look blurrier to you in the bottom pic?

I am in a similar boat as you.

Which one of those screens I guess is prior to patch and which one is after patch?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Is it bad I can't see the difference?

Did you click on them to expand them to full size? If so, yes.
And the difference is even bigger without the compression.
The top one is with the patch.
Look at his tattoos and the texture on his pants.

DrNeroCF

I can't see the difference either. Something wrong with my eyes too? The bottom one is more blurry. That's all I see.

Open them both in different tabs and click back and forth. The top is WAY sharper than the bottom. If you're looking for specific differences between two pictures, it's much more difficult to see.

Make sure you click to make them both full sized, also.

Alastor

Exploring the seas with the beautiful, beautiful weather effects and my crew singing shanties is sending shivers down my spine. One of the best gaming experiences I've had lately.

I dont even mind the standard AC stuff, I've played (and loved) only the first game in the series.

Edit: bah, this isn't the OT. Well, whatever. Just needed to praise the devs here. Game deserves to sell well.

Am I the only one who's disc drive now makes a high pitched whirring noise every 5 or so seconds? It only happens with this game and I don't remember it being there before the patch.

Okay I reinstalled and now it asks me for a Uplay passport, which I already redeemed.... And I can't buy one since PSN is undergoing maintenance.

From that post alone, I don't blame you. What you should do view both images in full screen in different tabs. When you tab back and forth, it's much more noticeable. Nothing specific to look out for, just that the 900p image is more blurrier than the 1080p.

LordK

Alright... one more. I do have some more pre-patch screenshots... but this is it for now. Everything is kind of muddied up by the fog and stuff though.
iQlKAzuyCOWca.jpg

irzz4lkxrASto.jpg

whitehawk

Banned
Someone use the messages app to get a better quality image.

Take screenshot > Send to Vita with messages > Upload to computer or email yourself the photo

Daingurse

i46YCSNlsUdXA.jpg

ib1IkmOJcJeQat.jpg

I'm on my monitor now. One strains my eyes and the other doesn't. Wonder which one is 1080p?

top one

LordK

Wow. Sony really needs to allow higher quality screens. They're so compressed. High quality jpegs don't even take up much memory, I don't get it.

Yeah it's pretty ass. I really hope they put in lossless png. This is pretty unacceptable imo. Then again I am admittedly a graphics and pixel whore.

Top Bottom