• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa: Early Access |OT|

markao

Is it?! Oh my mistake then! I could have sworn I saw it described as scratch... OK, yeah seeing folks at VirtualR calling it a rip too. Bummer.
Creating those tracks at that kind of fidelity (specially by a single person) takes a lot of time, look at VLM tracks as example. So if someone is posting an almost finished track so soon, with this kind of quality, it's most of the time some form of rip. High quality track mods will come, it will just take some time.

Skyzard

Banned
Anyone managed to get the DRS working with the F1 2015 mod?

I have it bound to right thumbstick but the light for it on the UI systems bit doesn't turn on.

Skyzard

Banned
Found a lobby, got in and drove.

Still a couple of guys who are a tad bit overly enthousiastic, but overall it is still getting cleaner in online lobbies!

http://youtu.be/KCchWCPidEY

Are you using a mod for smoke by any chance?

I have to set mine on low (780ti/4770K) to not get so much lag...but it looks like it clips the ground a lot...which is weird. I don't see the same thing in your video.

Also... Audi R15 TDI LMP1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFNY4dhEui0

Thor Rasmussen2 hours ago

http://www.mediafire.com/download/da52abn34i35j2p/audi_r15tdi.rar

Jilt

Are you using a mod for smoke by any chance?

I have to set mine on low (780ti/4770K) to not get so much lag...but it looks like it clips the ground a lot...which is weird. I don't see the same thing in your video.

Also... Audi R15 TDI LMP1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFNY4dhEui0

Thor Rasmussen2 hours ago

http://www.mediafire.com/download/da52abn34i35j2p/audi_r15tdi.rar

No, no mods for smoke. I have a first generation i5 core (2,66) with a GTX750ti gpu, running with medium to high settings. It runs great, full HD and about 60 fps.
Smoke is at medium, so are mirror settings.

These are my actual settings:
screensettings1.jpg

screensettings2.jpg

screensettings3.jpg

screensettings4.jpg

Three60

https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/posts/1067364639956520:0

Dear followers,
Our development team is working hard on the next release of Assetto Corsa, that will upgrade the main version of the game and will include important additions. We would also like to thank you for all the constructive criticism and helpful tips you submit to our official forums everyday helping our team to improve Assetto Corsa at the best.
Graphics
We are redefining some features related to post processing effects, HDR and particle rendering optimizations that improve graphics environment, lighting and framerate performance. The engine has been optimized in order to guarantee a more stable framerate in all conditions, including single-player and multiplayer races. Smoke effects have been also improved, fixing an issue that affected the performances when huge amount of smoke was generated, especially at race starts.
Artificial intelligence
CPU occupancy has been optimized to guarantee better and more stable performance. Furthermore, we worked to improve interaction of AI with each other and against the player car, as well as their "racing attitude”. The result is less collision accidents, better and more predictable lines and greatly improved race starts, delivering a better racing experience.
Flag and rules
The next build will introduce race flag and rules, including yellow, blue and black flags, both in single and in multiplayer. More details regarding this feature will be available at the release.
Overcast conditions
Next build will introduce the option to define the sky/weather conditions: player can choose between light/heavy fog, clean/light/heavy cloud, that affect lighting, visibility, track temperature, and so on, adding more immersion, different racing scenarios and environmental effects. As usual all the conditions are moddable and new ones can be created by the community.
Damages, views and sounds
Several parameters and functionalities related to damages, head movements, mirrors FOV values, reverberation and environmental sounds have been added or optimized, improving the overall driving and replay experience.
Replays
Assetto Corsa replays are universally appreciated for their fidelity, resulting in very realistic movements, car behaviour and camera management, but resulting also in high requirements in terms of hard disk and memory space. Unfortunately such big files are not easily handled by players who join or organize leagues and online championships. Next build will add quality settings options that allow up to 4x smaller sizes and longer replays.
Pre-order and release date
Assetto Corsa is not in Early Access anymore but that doesn’t mean that development is finished. As promised, the Dream Pack will also include several improvements, optimizations and new features. All the new code features will also be included for free on the main simulation, to allow gamers to enjoy Assetto Corsa and the new Dream Pack even more. However the process needs time to be completed. The release of the Dream Pack and of Assetto Corsa 1.1 is confirmed for Q1 2015. Thank you very much for understanding, for your kind support and passion.

Alfa 4C teaser > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF_UDY-Vx4s

TJP

A solid list of improvements from a very small dev team. Sector 3 aren't a lot bigger than Kunos nowadays too.

If you want the latest news on AC, I find Stefano Casillo AKA KunosStefano on Twitter a worthwhile follow; I'm sure everyone is this thread knows who he is ;)

I finally found a solution for my config problems and now i´m running this game reasonably well. Playing career in these last two days. This game is sooooo good!

The fact that a mod driven game is so good right now just makes me salivate once they achieve rfactor level of mods, having old F1 seasons, GT legend seasons and stuff.

It´s usually the type of game that becomes great two or three years after release, but it´s already such a joy to play... I wish a had a better PC to run in better conditions, but it´s much better than i expected.

Racing with the Lotus 2 eleven with the H shifter last night and i was literally sweating afterwards. It´s a shame i don´t have much free time these days...

vanty

Just played for the first time in weeks since the previous few times I'd played the game just wasn't clicking with me for some reason. But I was very happy with how things were tonight. I just stuck to Mugello since it's the one track I really know and can run no problems without the racing line to use as a braking reference point. I even had some decently consistent lap times.

I tried out both the NSX-R mod and both a GT500 R34 GT-R and NSX. They were fucking crazy fast, and the GT500 NSX especially was super easy to drive. Then I went to the LaFerrari which continues to be a constant annoyance of braking way too late with the crazy acceleration it has ahah.

Hopefully that DLC pack isn't too far away.

Hi guys, just got myself a G27 (with H-Shifter) and a rennsport wheel stand for this game. Managed to get the setup ok based on some googling for G27 settings and used the logitech profiler. I noticed that the mappings for my pedals need to be inverted withing the AC settings, but that doesn't have any negative effect on gameplay.

I have a Gigabyte 970 G1 and i5 4690k @4.4 and notice that on nurburgring GP (i think) the first corner after the straight knocks my FPS down about 10 frames (From "59"). Is this normal? All settings are max (running DSR 1440p for hot lapping).

So, is there anything i need to know in order to get the best from this game in relation to my G27 and gaming rig graphics?

Cheers

Three60

Another pic >

And just a reminder of what cars will be included in Dream Pack DLC

• Sauber Mercedes C9
  • Corvette C7R GTE
  • Nissan GTR GT3
  • Alfa Romeo 4C
  • Alfa Romeo GTA
  • Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI
  • McLaren P1
  • McLaren F1 GTR
  • BMW M2
  • Mercedes 190 E 2.6-16 Evolution 2

Watevaman

Man, I'll probably have to wait until I'm back home to enjoy the DLC as that's where my wheel is. Is there a release date for the pack?

edit: Just read on their site that it's still slated for Q1, so hopefully I'll be able to enjoy it over my break.

I very much want the C9 and possibly the 155, but nothing else on the list (inc The Ring) interests me. Luckily the tracks/cars I'm most looking forward to seem to be coming as free updates :)

Also, I've been surprised by the lack of hotfix for Spa's AI. One of best circuits in the world has been basically undriveable for weeks due to them braking into Eau Rouge. Kunos are usually pretty on the ball when it comes to fixing glaring errors.

I'm so out of touch with the mods for this game.

If somebody is nice enough to highlight me the must have ones, it will be greatly appreciated.

My favourite car mods:

(all Kunos quality, except the Miura, which exceeds it. Sadly the Miura has no LODing, so expect low frame rates if you've a large grid)

CTDP 2009
Sierra Cosworth
Lamborghini Miura
Honda NSX
Broadspeed Jaguar

I don't particularly rate the physics, but there's also the Mazda 787b

My favourite circuits

Grobnik
Miseluk Also, it's best to grab the AI file from here and put it in the track AI folder. The mod's standard AI crashes into everything.
Baskerville
Salzburgring
Eastern Creek
Barbagallo
Donington Park

Note that I prefer short tracks. If you enjoy long circuits try: Lake Louise and Nordschleife

Shaneus

I didn't realise that the Miura mod became an official add-on! Proof that good mods can get recognition by developers. Hopefully we see some of that by the other guys like ISI and Reiza... we need that NSX as an official add-on in GSC!

TJP

I didn't realise that the Miura mod became an official add-on! Proof that good mods can get recognition by developers. Hopefully we see some of that by the other guys like ISI and Reiza... we need that NSX as an official add-on in GSC!
The NSX is an official ISI mod for rFactor 2 ;)

Sweet.

A lot of my excitement for the DLC is tied to 1.1 however. I'll buy it either way so I can hotlap the Nordschleife in VR, but if there are significant gains with the AI and racing, now that would truly be exciting.

Is the expectation that 1.1 will come on the 11th too? It doesn't say.

Zeth

It's gonna be really weird for me driving the official Nordschleife. Snoopy's conversion/mod was my first time really getting to know the circuit - and I've since spent 100+ hours on it. Will be interesting getting used to the slight differences, I'm guessing.

paskowitz

First time I am going to say a DLC is priced too low. Considering the quality of the content, I feel like they could have charged $15 for this.

Top Bottom