• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astroneer sells over 500,000 copies in one month (SteamSpy)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's a space exploration type game. 90% positive reviews with over 11,000 reviews despite being in Early Access.

Owners: 502,061 ± 21,616

Source: http://steamspy.com/app/361420

For those who haven't seen it before, but are curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIUs1RGPolg

ss_8c07cbff4f4d6f654ea6b0ff685ada1ffcd44222.jpg

ss_35c00c7a427c6696814671a5c687606b377f88e3.jpg

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Wow and its still in Early Access? Gonna sell millions

RoKKeR

Wow, good for them. Looks really interested and I've been thinking about grabbing it on XBO. Might have to give the trial a go this week.

Disappointed thought you make this topic when the game has outsold no man's sky.

Good game. Great sales. Right game at the right time to fill a left void

patapuf

Exploring uncharted worlds is really popular and it's been for a while now.

After Minecraft, NMS and all the steam sucesses i wonder if one of the big publishers will take a crack at the genre.

ghibli99

I saw my friend just start playing this right around the time you posted this... starting to wonder if you are said friend. LOL

I like the game's style, I just don't know if this type of game is for me. Watched some folks at work play it for a bit, but I didn't quite get the hook.

Rembrandt

Banned
Congrats but I gave up on it on pretty early on. Kinda difficult to get a hang of, but I might dive back into it after following the thread on here.

datwr

Great game! If a bit barebone atm. Really hoped it would take off (pun intended :p )
Hopefully they will continue with the updates, they seem to have great contact with their community, I think it have a great future in head of them.

I'll definitely check back in on this in 6 months or so, see whether it's worth diving in yet or better to wait for 1.0. Something about it appeals to me more than most of these games.

Haunted

Seems like the YouTube game du jour as well, saw that Northernlion and his crew as well as Day9 did videos on it.

Ritzboof

Its really gotten this popular? i didnt expect that at all, the only reason ive known about it well before now is because people compared it to NMS before it showed up. i was watching a friend of mine play it, and it seems like its alright and has a lot of potential, but it doesnt seem like theres all that much to it right now

are people just getting this because of NMS?

Ganado

Not deserved at all in this stage. It baffles me that more people haven't refunded it. It got potential in some years, but there is practically no content right now.

Arex

been watching people's playthrough, seems interesting enough, but I'm not sure if it has much to do after sometime, the planets and resources don't seem different enough.

Definitely has potential though.

atpbx

It's not all that at the moment, but obviously with that level of early support then they don't really have any excuses to not pick it up and run all the way with it.

RedRum

Banned
Not deserved at all in this stage. It baffles me that more people haven't refunded it. It got potential in some years, but there is practically no content right now.

I would say $20 is a hefty price for early access, but the stats speak for themselves. Half a million players, 90% positive reviews. I might have to give it a try myself.

Top Bottom