• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asura's Wrath |OT|

Volcynika

ZZHmY.png

WRani.png

Release dates
NA: February 21, 2012
EU: February 24, 2012
JP: February 22, 2012
UK: March 9, 2012

Publisher: Capcom
Developer: CyberConnect2
Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 (Demo available on both platforms)

H5KGP.png

Asura was once one of the Eight Guardian Generals, 8 Godly warrior who fought to protect Heaven and Earth from a destructive force called the Gohma.

Returning from a victorious battle, Asura was summoned to the Emperor's throne. But to his horror, Asura finds the Emperor has been murdered and he has been accused of the crime.

After escaping vengeful imperial forces, Asura rushes home to protect his family only to find his beloved wife Durga dead and his daughter Mithra kidnapped.

In his rage, Asura finds his former allies who have Mithra captive. As the demigod charges to save his child, Asura is repulsed by the god Deus, who reveals himself to be the Emperor's murderer so he can bring about what he calls "The Great Rebirth".
Weakened by Deus' attacks, Asura is dropped over the edge of the platform and falls to Earth while swearing to exact his vengeance.

Twelve millenia later, Asura escapes from the depths of Naraka to find that his former comrades, now dubbed "The Seven Deities", have been using Mithra's power to amplify their own to god-like levels.

During his quest for love and vengeance, Asura will confront and battle the forces of Heavens, packs of the Gohma, Divine Battleship fleets, and other tremendous obstacles.
Sometime later in the story, Asura's old rival Yasha will see the wrong in the Deities' ways and try to even help Asura.

WqghS.png

QMMa4.png

Reviews
IGN: 7.5/10
Strategy Informer: 7.0/10
Videogamer: 8/10
The Sixth Axis: 7/10
Xbox 360 Achievements: 75/100
Metro UK: 7/10
Joystiq: 4.5/5
Game Informer: 8.5/10
Planet Xbox 360: 6.0/10
Eurogamer: 8.0/10
GiantBomb: 4/5

(PS: Mik asked me to post it due to a lack of time on his part.)

Volcynika

Honestly wanted to try to make the subtitle something referencing how the people who don't like the game and want people to know they don't like it are the only ones with more rage than Asura. :p

Shameful how this thread went to shit so fast.

DeVeAn

Which version plays and looks best? I lean PS3 but, I want the best experience. Didn't see lens of truth or digital foundry compare them.

Volcynika

Which version plays and looks best? I lean PS3 but, I want the best experience. Didn't see lens of truth or digital foundry compare them.

Might not be till post-release. Though I'm not sure if they have any consistency on their comparisons when they do them.

I was honestly really disappointed with the demo for this game.

I mean, sure, I was expecting QTEs. But not the amount that were present.

I was hype for this game! It was going to be a day one buy! Fun music, great aesthetic, fantastically over-the-top characters. But I like to hit buttons, and I don't feel like Asura's Wrath will let me do that as often as I'd like.

Respawn

Banned
Isn't there a thread for all the crying already? Do we need a part two in here? Some of us just might want to buy and you know play it because we like the demo? I really don't give a F what IGN thinks .

Sinople

Here's hoping people who hated the demo and felt obligated to let everyone know in the 3 or 4 previous threads will be kind enough to not ruin the OT for those who actually enjoy the game.

Honestly, I would play through this game, just not for full price. Shame it doesn't get a marketable price right out of the gate... recent example Rhythm Heaven Fever for $29.99 on release.

Card Boy

Banned
Honestly wanted to try to make the subtitle something referencing how the people who don't like the game and want people to know they don't like it are the only ones with more rage than Asura. :p

Didn't we agree in the last thread that this was going to be the OT subtitle?

tumblr_lzjxfoIX4e1qm0zywo1_500.jpg

Honestly, I would play through this game, just not for full price. Shame it doesn't get a marketable price right out of the gate... recent example Rhythm Heaven Fever for $29.99 on release.

Yeah I think $40 would have been reasonable. I'm hoping for a really good deal, somewhere, and soon.

the experience of the game you get to buy with your saved $60

Is a youtube walkthrough considered a form of piracy? Because you're not paying the developer for part of the experience. /velociraptor To be honest I don't care if you do it (heck the Endurance Runs on GiantBomb were awesome), just interested....

I am going to buy this game to show CC2 that different experiences are welcomed on game consoles, be they interactive or not so interactive. 60 bucks is probably a steep price but I doubt it will remain that high for long.

Is a youtube walkthrough considered a form of piracy? Because you're not paying the developer for part of the experience. /velociraptor To be honest I don't care if you do it (heck the Endurance Runs on GiantBomb were awesome), just interested....

I am going to buy this game to show CC2 that different experiences are welcomed on game consoles, be they interactive or not so interactive. 60 bucks is probably a steep price but I doubt it will remain that high for long.

Yeah people complain about the endless stream of military shooters coming out, well here's something different at least.

jgminto

From what I played of the demo I think I'd enjoy this more as a movie. The style they are going for is pretty cool and the scale of what's on screen is damn awesome but with all of the QTEs of which there were 3 types, bash B, hit Y and move or spin sticks, it felt quite frustrating. It would probably also look better. Some of those textures looked pretty bad, especially on the second boss. But if I do find it cheap or for rent I might pick it up.

Since when is shitting up threads allowed? Serious question, because near every thread gets bombarded by "first post" dumb shit, people who KNOW they aren't interested, 3rd rate jokes, etc. I thought it was bannable, but it constantly goes unchecked, and its clear people need to be filed in line since they won't take care of the forum themselves.

The thread has already been defecated on and destroyed without even leaving the first page, so I can ask this. Is it bannable?

Georgious

Banned
Since when is shitting up threads allowed? Serious question, because near every thread gets bombarded by "first post" dumb shit, people who KNOW they aren't interested, 3rd rate jokes, etc. I thought it was bannable, but it constantly goes unchecked, and its clear people need to be filed in line since they won't take care of the forum themselves.

The thread has already been defecated on and destroyed without even leaving the first page, so I can ask this. Is it bannable?

This.

seady

Just played the demo, I really enjoyed it.

I hate QTE, but the QTEs here are actually kinda fun and the button pressings reflect the action that's on screen (kinda like Heavy Rain's QTE).

The story and characters are quite attractive and hilarious too.

It's like a funny mix of Dragon Ball and God of War.

Alx

Just played the demo, I really enjoyed it.

I hate QTE, but the QTEs here are actually kinda fun and the button pressings reflect the action that's on screen (kinda like Heavy Rain's QTE).

The story and characters are quite attractive and hilarious too.

It's like a funny mix of Dragon Ball and God of War.

That's my impression too. I'm not sure it's my kind of game, but it's certainly an example of QTE done right, with additional great presentation.
I have many other games to play right now, but I may try this one in the future.

Top Bottom