• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ASUS puts new twist on PC gaming with "First-of-its-kind" Wireless Controller

If in 2005 someone told me that everyone and their mother was going to try and rip off the Wii, I would have never believed you.

larvi

if it works good as a mouse replacement for a home theater comfy couch pc (and is cheap) I may pick one up.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
The Eee Stick will be bundled exclusively with certain models of the Eee PC™ and the Eee Box, along with a collection of games developed or adapted specifically for use with it.
Oh, I get it. So...

It comes with a EEE PC to be used for shitty pack-in games and basically this doesn't matter.

You know what I want? A directional control nunchuk on one hand, mouse in the other. In FPS games, you can move with the nunchuk, tilt to look around corners, and the mouse is for aiming and shooting.

I have a gyration media remote. Combine the analog stick part of that controller with my media remote and BAM - I can play bioshock wii-mote style, from my couch.

I already play World in Conflict from my couch with way (holding half of a 360 controller in my left hand) and it is gaming sex. Consider me very interested.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Death_Born said:
You know what I want? A directional control nunchuk on one hand, mouse in the other. In FPS games, you can move with the nunchuk, tilt to look around corners, and the mouse is for aiming and shooting.
Yes. I honestly don't know why something like this doesn't exist already. With PC games supporting 360 controllers, there is no reason for there not to be analogue movement in PC games.

poppabk said:
Yes. I honestly don't know why something like this doesn't exist already. With PC games supporting 360 controllers, there is no reason for there not to be analogue movement in PC games.

Most games that support the 360 pad also have analog movement.

Crysis and bioshock, for example.

Honestly this looks better than the Wiimote because the buttons are actually where your thumb is. I can't wait until everybody rips off the Wii and forces Nintendo to make a decent controller. But then we saw what happened last gen when they were forced to differentiate with the Cube pad and it was awful.

poppabk

TheSonicRetard said:
Most games that support the 360 pad also have analog movement.

Crysis and bioshock, for example.
Right its already coded into the game so would take no extra effort to support. But is there currently an easy way to combine analog movement with mouse look/aim? As far as I am aware there isn't, hence people switching in games like GTA between mouse and controller for shooting and driving sections. This would seem like a decent way to do it as long as you can add enough buttons on your mouse and nunchuck-like device.

poppabk said:
Right its already coded into the game so would take no extra effort to support. But is there currently an easy way to combine analog movement with mouse look/aim? As far as I am aware there isn't, hence people switching in games like GTA between mouse and controller for shooting and driving sections. This would seem like a decent way to do it as long as you can add enough buttons on your mouse and nunchuck-like device.

Well, I described how I do analog movement and mouselook above using a gyration remote.

It begins.

I mean, it technically began when Sony sloppily forced wagggle into the sixaxis, but the two handed copycats begin today!

Actually, it probably began with the Vii.

poppabk

TheSonicRetard said:
Well, I described how I do analog movement and mouselook above using a gyration remote.
But holding half a 360 controller is not very natural. A nunchuck like device would work much better as far as I can tell. I'm saying that analog stick movement and mouse look could become the norm for PC games with a set up like this.

poppabk said:
But holding half a 360 controller is not very natural. A nunchuck like device would work much better as far as I can tell. I'm saying that analog stick movement and mouse look could become the norm for PC games with a set up like this.

oh, I absolutely agree. We're on the same page, actually.

poppabk said:

Think about it....a keypad device in the front of the nunchuk with special rounded buttons, kind of like the Zboard. You could have a bunch of functions on the nunchuk itself.

Bet against this one and it will come back to bite you in the ass later on.

THROW ALL YOUR CASH AT ASUS STOCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom