• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

At least in US you get arrested for "milkshaking"

May 22, 2018
Steak 'n Shake is pretty good for a reliable shake, but they are thick to the point of being halfway between a shake and a McFlurry/DQ Blizzard.

Considering all the mix-ins you can get like nutella or M&Ms or Andes Thin Mints, a Steak 'n Shake shake would be a more formidable weapon.
I have heard amazing things about Steak n Shake and I actually prefer the thicker shakes. I really need to try it.
Not murder if it's legally justified.
I know. Which is why I called it murder. Someone throwing a drink at you is not justification for shooting them to death. No jury on earth (not even America) would agree that throwing a milkshake at someone is worthy of death. Anyone who thinks that it does needs to seek professional help.

Now if the milkshake throw was then followed by a more serious physical attack then that would be a different story. But throwing the drink by itself? No.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
I have heard amazing things about Steak n Shake and I actually prefer the thicker shakes. I really need to try it.

I know. Which is why I called it murder. Someone throwing a drink at you is not justification for shooting them to death. No jury on earth (not even America) would agree that throwing a milkshake at someone is worthy of death. Anyone who thinks that it does needs to seek professional help.

Now if the milkshake throw was then followed by a more serious physical attack then that would be a different story. But throwing the drink by itself? No.
you have to assume the person throwing the milkshake is going to seriously physically attack you

it would be legally justified

Last edited:
May 22, 2018
you have to assume the person throwing the milkshake is going to seriously physically attack you

it would be legally justified
No you don't lol and no its not. If you tried to claim that you murdered someone for fear of your life after they threw a milkshake at you then you would be laughed out of any court in America.

Like I said before the fact that you think throwing a milkshake is worthy of a death sentence is disturbing. Its trigger happy people like you who are just looking for any and every excuse to use their gun that make me strongly support proper gun control laws and why the rest of the world thinks America is filled with gun slinging psychopaths.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tapioca

Hudo

Jul 26, 2018
I would never vote for someone who's throwing away a perfectly good milkshake.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
No you don't lol and no its not. If you tried to claim that you murdered someone for fear of your life after they threw a milkshake at you then you would be laughed out of any court in America.

Like I said before the fact that you think throwing a milkshake is worthy of a death sentence is disturbing. Its trigger happy lunatics like you who are just looking for any and every excuse to use their gun that make me strongly support proper gun control laws and why the rest of the world thinks America is filled with gun slinging psychopaths.
if you say so, i'd smoke them and sleep like a baby

rorepmE

Jan 20, 2019
Republic of Val Verde

The only thing the jury will hear is that an assailant threw an unknown liquid at my persons.

Reactions: Tesseract
May 22, 2018
The only thing the jury will hear is that an assailant threw an unknown liquid at my persons.
So your whole argument is that you can convince a jury that because someone threw an "Unknown Liquid" in their McDonalds cup and then you proceeded to shoot them to death AFTER you saw that the liquid in the cup was not dangerous?

Last edited:

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
So your whole argument is that you can convince a jury that because someone threw an "Unknown Liquid" in their McDonalds cup and then you proceeded to shoot them to death AFTER you saw that the liquid in the cup was not dangerous?

it's good to know you can slow down time like that irl, holy shit neo is that you?

rorepmE

Jan 20, 2019
Republic of Val Verde

I don't have precognition, so I'm going to assume via reasonable person standards that an assailant isn't going to use an Acme branded "Acid Cup".

Last edited:
May 22, 2018
I don't have precognition, so I'm going to assume via reasonable person standards that an assailant isn't going to use an Acme Acid Cup.
And you would be sent to jail for murder. Or manslaughter at the very least. You will not convince any jury that someone throwing a drink at you justifies you killing them. To think otherwise is incredibly ignorant on your part.

Dec 15, 2011

I know ideologues today are only concerned about how things look on the outside, superficial qualities etc.

But, one day, you'll learn the important lesson that it's what's on the inside that counts.

Of course, as a truly crazy, radical idea, there could always be this line in society about not escalating things to physical acts unnecessarily.
But I know there's just as many hypocritical, unethical, fucknuggets around that will be perfectly happy letting Party A start something and scream righteous indignation should Party B end it.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
And you would be sent to jail for murder. Or manslaughter at the very least. You will not convince any jury that someone throwing a drink at you justifies you killing them. To think otherwise is incredibly ignorant on your part.
This sort of pearl-clutching is why the tactic works: there is no question under the law that throwing something at another person is "assault". Add in political motivations and you have a recipe for some serious damage. Zealots are not above attacking their political opponents with something harmful, after all.

But this political "blackout game" is designed specifically to ride on the edge of assault without crossing the line. It is designed to incite a response and then to back away like a coward and plead "but it was just a shake". The victims can rally around some milkshaker who gets shot or beaten to death -- the poor soul who was just following The Party's instructions -- and try to shame those who defended themselves.

Then, the pearl-clutchers like yourself move in to berate those who would dare use force to defend themselves, instead of shaking your head at the idiots who resort to physical attacks for political beliefs. There's no self-reflection on whether or not this sort of "political expression" is dangerous.

May 22, 2018
nah, i'm on the jury for his case and i set him free
There is precedent that throwing a drink is not worthy of death in the eyes of the courts. The fact that I even need to show you this is fucking lunacy. You need to genuinely seek professional help.

Witnesses to Whitney Gray’s road rage killing heard what sounded like a gunshot right after a passenger in the front seat of her minivan threw a drink at a passing SUV, which had passed so closely it almost caused the minivan to wreck, court documents say.

Jackson County prosecutors said Tuesday that Christopher P. Taylor, 39, was charged with second-degree murder and armed criminal action in Gray’s death.

A man was convicted Wednesday in a road rage fatal shooting of an Independence mother in 2016.

Christopher P. Taylor, 40, was found guilty of first-degree involuntary manslaughter and armed criminal action, the Jackson County Prosecutor's Office said.

His sentencing is scheduled for late August. The armed criminal action conviction carries no maximum prison sentence. He faces up to 10 years for manslaughter.

Prosecutors originally charged Taylor with second-degree murder.
Feel free to show me any evidence of someone getting away with killing someone because they threw a drink at them. I'll wait.

Then, the pearl-clutchers like yourself move in to berate those who would dare use force to defend themselves, instead of shaking your head at the idiots who resort to physical attacks for political beliefs. There's no self-reflection on whether or not this sort of "political expression" is dangerous.
There is a big difference between "defending" yourself from someone who threw a drink at you and shooting someone to death for throwing a drink at you. I know you are smart enough to know the difference Dun. I am not saying people can't defend themselves from such attacks. I am saying that shooting them to death for it is literally insane.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
if you want the world to be a nicer place, it's not going to happen if everyone acts like a spoiled petulant child who didn't get their way.

newsflash: never underestimate American's desire to purchase things in order to protest. maybe they can up-brand and make the milkshake a specific Starbucks model. the more money you give to Howard Schultz, the more woke you are!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Damn right! We shoot our criminals like a real country! MERICA! #WINNING #MAGA
This is when your retarded partisan derpiness comes out.

There are just as many liberals that support the 2A and right to defend their person. Stop acting like a little disingenuous bitch.

Some I know just virtue signal a different tune online. I know plenty who conceal carry themselves, but retweet and post about gun control and bans when 'appeal to emotion incidents' happen. It is rather bizarre behavior to say the least.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: matt404au

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
lol it's beyond stupid to do this. Republicans have power and are in positions to legislate, the last thing you want to do is piss off someone that is going to go in the next day and have the power to sign off on bills. all it does is punish the people lowest on the totem pole. all these idiot protesters are doing is making things worse, solely for the temporal momentary glory of looking like a hero. basically throwing the oppressed people they pretend to care about under the bus for an ego trip. you aren't going to change someone's mind with these tactics. if anything you are making them more radical, more extreme, and you are giving legitimacy to the idea that the left is full of nutjobs with no real solutions.

but congrats on your virtue signalling. hope you got laid from throwing a milkshake at someone.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
This is when your retarded partisan derpiness comes out.

There are plenty of liberals that support the 2A and right to defend their person. Stop acting like a little disingenuous bitch.
I feel we're just a couple of posts away from seeing the BOLD ITALICISED UPPER CASE bits in rebuttals.

Mess with the bull, you get the bullshit.

• LOL
Reactions: matt404au
May 22, 2018
Stop acting like a little disingenuous bitch.
Stay classy (y)

Some I know just virtue signal a different tune online. I know plenty who conceal carry themselves, but retweet and post about gun control and bans when 'appeal to emotion incidents' happen. It is rather bizarre behavior to say the least.
Asking for proper gun control does not mean that you are against gun ownership. You can support proper gun control and then still be okay with gun ownership. One does not necessarily exclude the other.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
There is a big difference between "defending" yourself from someone who threw a drink at you and shooting someone to death for throwing a drink at you. I know you are smart enough to know the difference Dun. I am not saying people can't defend themselves from such attacks. I am saying that shooting them to death for it is literally insane.
Hyperfocusing on the actions of the assaulted person is literally the definition of victim blaming.

Get your political party in check and condemn this behavior. When there is open approval of expressing political discontent against opponents in this way, it will naturally lead to an escalation of violence. Whether that escalation is because someone put acid or gasoline in their McDonald's cup or because the assaulted person shot the assailant is mostly immaterial if we haven't first addressed why these assaults are being given a pass in the first place.

If you're so concerned about the potential deaths, then you should be speaking out against milkshaking. The end. The Democrat party is gleefully encouraging people to put themselves into danger.

Any other standpoint is propaganda, as I have detailed above. You are the complicit pearl-clutcher who is deliberately ignoring the source of the assault if it means you can wag your finger at hypotheticals discussed on the internet.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009

It's too early in the week for people to be posting stupid shit that belongs on /r/iamverybadass

If someone threw a milkshake at you and you shot them back you'd have to convince a judge you honestly believed that this was first part of an assault that would have put you in danger of bodily harm. You'd need to be able to convince the court that based on what you observed that you expected the person to continue to attack you. If you were already hit with the milkshake and then shot at them, that is retaliation not self defense. That's an unjustified homicide.

Posts about shooting someone over thrown milkshakes ffs.

Also if we are talking about people wanting to run for public office whether it be local or house of reps, there's a ton of crazies on either end of the spectrum that have delusions that they can run. The milkshake thrower dropped out before the election.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
You gonna respond to my point or are you just gonna hypocritically preen yourself?
No, they repost gun ban shit, not "proper gun control". Hence my comment that it is bizarre behavior. The "I got mines already" attitude, and just NPC retweet conditioning. I confront them and they get a blank stare in their face, or block on social media. Bottom line, humans are selfish, regardless of what color flag you fly.

rorepmE

Jan 20, 2019
Republic of Val Verde
There is precedent that throwing a drink is not worthy of death in the eyes of the courts. The fact that I even need to show you this is fucking lunacy. You need to genuinely seek professional help.

Feel free to show me any evidence of someone getting away with killing someone because they threw a drink at them. I'll wait.

I see nuances isn't part of NPC programming.

Getting a "drink" thrown ON your persons when you're standing about isn't the same. Time of day, whether you're in a car, or stepped out of a car, the amount of time passes all factors into whether legal justification is appropriate.

Good thing the legal system is based on reasonable persons standards and not Nobody_important Standard. :messenger_kissing_smiling:

May 22, 2018
Earlier in this thread:

Stay hypocritical 👍
Pretty big difference between me calling someone who thinks shooting someone to death for throwing a drink crazy and someone calling me a "disingenuous bitch" for making a joke post.

But keep trying though. Eventually something you say will hit its mark.

Dec 15, 2011
Pretty big difference between me calling someone who thinks shooting someone to death for throwing a drink crazy and someone calling me a "disingenuous bitch" for making a joke post.

But keep trying though. Eventually something you say will hit its mark.
No difference other than you're the hypocrite who is making excuses to justify their hypocrisy.

This is parallel to your argument: You lowered the tone first of all. But you want to have the right to attack people who disagree with you with impunity.
You're happy to throw your verbal milkshake but don't like it when your actions have consequences. So you squeal and make excuses.

Congratulations, you made a fool of yourself on multiple levels.
If you had a shred of introspection you could learn an important lesson from the result of your conduct in this thread and how it applies to the topic.
However, you'll favour righteous ignorance instead.

Last edited:

JSoup

Jun 20, 2013
California
Seems pretty clear that you don't know how stand your ground laws are actually enforced.

Edit: To add to that, when I started reading the phrase "stand your ground reason" was used and I was under the impression for far too many posts that the argument was about justification in a stand your ground law state.

Last edited:

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005

It would not be murder by definition. Murder requires premeditation.

This would be manslaughter most likely, but if the person feared for their life, no charges may be filed.

Boss Mog

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Throwing a milkshake at somebody you don't like is one of the dumbest and most immature things the far-leftists have done. It's right up there with REEEEEing at the sky. It amounts to a toddler throwing a tantrum; they love to throw stuff during tantrums too. These people should quickly be institutionalized until they can behave like adults in public.

Reactions: TrainedRage