• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

At this point, Xbox & PlayStation need to continue supporting last-gen till this shortage issue goes away.......Let me explain.

The Alien

Banned
Accprding to the interwebs, i thought XBox was too focused on last gen and backwards compatibility while Sony was praised for having separate and defined generations. 🤔

LMJ

Like I said before, I have an Xbox Series S and to be honest, I wanted to get a PS5 but at this point and time, I don't think it's possible and there is no way in hell I'm going to buy from a scaper. But that is not the point of this thread being made. I know a lot of people are going to disagree and myself included, but................at the rate we are going with next-gen consoles being extremely rare. Both PlayStation and Xbox need to rethink how their plans are going to be for next-gen till this shortage goes away. If it ever does go away. I think they need to extend their support for last-gen till this goes away, yes you read that right. It even burns my eyes writing this. But hear me out.

Sony is now saying that they are making plans to cut down and restructure the PS5 to meet up with demands, and the shortage probably won't end till 2021 to 2022, maybe longer. Right now these chips are going to be sold to the highest bidder and since videogames are not a priority for some, both companies are going to have issues getting enough chip supplies. Why would I say this well because phones and computers or tablets are important for these companies to make. As more and more people work from home myself included. -- This is where the solution comes in, both companies are going to force themselves to support last-gen till 2023 or longer depending on how long this shortage lasts.

I don't like the stupid idea of me even writing this but at this rate, if both companies want to survive they have three choices.......

1. If the game can't run on the last-gen, delay till they are able to get enough people on board with the next-gen to even release the game.
2. Risk the game running horribly, release it till meet ends meet.
3. Run around in circles and hope for the best.

Like I said I don't like the idea but it's a solution for all, till this issue gets resolved, if it ever does. Cause bad news, after bad news keeps coming out. No good news has come out from both companies stating they are capable of meeting up with demands. I don't know maybe in a few months. This crap will blow over and everyone will get lucky and get a next-gen console. Who knows, all I know is if devs start making games next-gen only I can see a disastrous result come back.

I don't know maybe I'm wrong in all this and this is just a dream.

So to anyone who has a next-gen console on here, count your blessings because at this point you are sitting on the rarest device ever at this point, rarer than a damn iPhone.

Thoughts?

Edit ---- Damn I must've pissed off everyone, like I said things will not get any better. When we see horrible sales on these next-gen only because of lack of people buying the new gen. You'll see.

I'm sorry to say, but youre wrong...or at least on a few things.

Firstly both MS and Sony ARE still supporting last gen and quite well, hell RE8 just came out and is current/next gen as well, this is one of the key reasons I've been stating that the V and SeX/S haven't begun to show their actual strength.

Secondly we NEED next gen only games to move the eco system along, otherwise you'll end up hurting the market the BC of both consoles is very nice (mostly on MS here) but that's not what draws sales in next gen consoles...next gen games are. If we remain here when we've pretty much tapped current gen well then we are left with two options, remain in this stagnant place and watch the OG PS4 and One struggle more and more, or abandon them and develop for the mid consoles the Pro and X instead. As a XBS owner I think that you would find that it would be equally as shitty.

Thirdly, this rarity for consoles is a kind of a good thing as it gives development studios time to come to grips with the next gen engines, allowing higher res and bells and whistles on cross gen ensures next gen sales growth while STILL supporting current gen as well. the thing is the S and PS4 are REALLY starting to struggle, and if they ONLY support them than that will hurt game sales, not help them, the current plan really is the best one.

All of that having been said the NEXT gen games like R and C, The Medium etc are necessary for a number of reasons including further development of next gen engines, driving sales due to things that couldn't be done this gen and more studios making the transition. The console sales are continuing to happen so clearly the demand is there, both Sony and MS are producing as fast as they can, and even looking to potentially change parts to open production lines even larger. Delaying Next gen only games would again HURT game sales, not help them.

Covid has slowed this process down, but things are picking back up, don't live in fear but rather enjoy what you currently have (a significantly large number of cross gen games) and if you MUST have certain next gen games, then buy them and build a library for when the systems finally become available.

NeilH1982

Banned
Isn't PS5 like the fastest selling console evr in unit sales ? Over 8 million units sold in less than 6 months ? Every single PS5 they produce is sold in literal seconds. Next gen is off to a running start and there is no stopping it. Make cross-gen titles if it makes sense, first party should be all next gen only starting 2022.

DavidGzz

I personally don't mind cross-gen titles as long as they're well executed, with next-gen versions running at 60FPS instead of 30, 4K instead of 1080-1440p, sharp textures, much faster loadings, and maybe some added RT features. There are ~165M PS4/XB1 consoles out there vs not even 10% of that of the new ones, there's no way any sane publisher will abandon that userbase anytime soon.

I was going to post something similar. I have both XSX and PS5 and I wouldn't mind anymore. If we can get something like RE8 with the visuals and performance it has, what's the big deal with supporting last gen?

I think people are expecting to be blown away by this generation but if you want 60fps and a high resolution, graphics aren't getting much better. Look at Demon's Souls made by a pretty great dev. It looks awesome but when I play it back to back with RE8, there isnt some big difference. They impress me equally overall.

I do hope I'm wrong but so far, I'm not to impressed with what next gen offers.

Demon's, The Medium, you name it don't blow Gears 5, RE8, God of War, Doom Eternal, Ghost of Tshushima, etc away at all.

I mean look at The Ascent. Looks like the prettiest isometric game ever and its coming to Xbox One.

BlackTron

Fair enough let me just go to Walmart right now and go get a PS5 and let me sell my Series S. Hold on. I'll check back with you in 2 years.

Sorry buddy, but the fact that you can't walk into a Walmart and nonchalantly pick up a PS5 doesn't mean that nobody is buying it.

It just means that luckier people than you keep getting it first.

Remember when it was really hard to find a Wii after it launched, for a WHILE? News flash man, the reason it was hard to find is because everybody kept buying it, not because they didn't make any. I suppose that in your opinion, Nintendo should have made more Gamecube games and put the brakes on Wii development because demand outpaced supply.

What you seem to miss is that a shortage of hardware does not necessarily mean that it's not selling enough to support game sales. It CAN mean that, but not in this case, because we know that PS5 is the best selling console OF ALL FREAKIN' TIME. Think about it, in this pandemic affected climate for parts, Sony STILL supplied even MORE PS5 than they did PS4s for the same periods, and you say there's a LACK OF HARDWARE!

Not a lack of hardware to sell games to a healthy user base, only a lack to meet the INSANE demand for the system.

Your new nickname is Derptron.

Susurrus

1. If the game can't run on the last-gen, delay till they are able to get enough people on board with the next-gen to even release the game.

Just because you don't have the platform to play it on now, you want to restrict those that do?

It isn't like it is gonna expire, you can play it when you can get that platform.

What kind of logic is this? "I have to wait to play it, so everyone should!" Go play something else, surely there's SOMETHING out there you want to play but haven't. You don't have any backlog? You're either very, very picky, or you have way too much time on your hands.

Ten_Fold

Well the PS5 doesn’t seem to have really any big games lined up this year so your good on that OP. Xbox got halo which is cross-gen, starfield is a maybe at this point. So I think everyone isn’t missing much.

Thoughts?

OK so you cant get a PS5 so you cant play PS5 games now. Guess what if it's delayed a year for everyone like you are suggesting you still dont get to play games now. Nothing changed for you and all you did was deprive people who have PS5s of a game they could be playing and publishers/devs money they could be making.

Last edited:
like mentioned on the Sacred Symbols podcast....i also believe that nobody thats actually tried to get a next gen console, still can't get one. Getting a PS5 wasn't that ez...but it wasn't that hard either. Took me a month but i got it.

Last gen still being supported is why we get nonsense like Cyberpunk...and why im annoyed that in the Avengers dev stream the other day they say that we can't have vehicles on patrol maps because of the last gen versions can't stream quick enough.

ZehDon

What an ignorant OP.

Sony's PS5 production is currently out-pacing its PS4 production rates launch-aligned. It's PS5 chip manufacturing has been booked years in advance, and will continue on schedule for the foreseeable future. So, there isn't a "shortage" of PS5's - there's an inability for Sony to scale up its production to meet sustained-higher-than-expected demand. Those are two very different things.

A shortage would be Sony unable manufacturer the minimum number of PS5s to hits its pre-established production schedule, leading to potential losses for the company. Currently, it's actually beating its own estimates - no one has ever made as much money this quickly off their consoles as Sony has with its PS5.
Being unable to meet demand means Sony's projections were conservative; more people want PS5's than Sony anticipated. However, because chip manufacturing has been booked solid years in advance, they cannot now scale up to increase production, but they're not losing anything - they're hitting every target they have and will continue to do so for years, leading to extensive profits.

This situation is also true for Microsoft.

Neither company needs to do anything from your OP to "survive".

kungfuian

The increased demand for consoles is being caused by the same thing preventing increased production; the pandemic/lock downs. It's more a matter of being unable to increase production to take advantage of the situation than anything else.

Despite this, both Sony and Microsoft are producing and selling a record number of consoles. No need to radically change their software plans.

Does seem like an ideal time to lower the price of the PS4 and PSVR though.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I don't share your excitement for these games. Returnal is the most interesting one to me, but there is no rush.

For me between controller improvements (haptics feedback and dynamic triggers are a tie breaker for me on multiplatform games if decently implemented), improved performance for BC games (GoT at 4K@60 FPS is one of many experiences that gets a lot better on PS5), UHD Blu-Ray playback, much reduced noise during gameplay, and the various exclusives that are already coming out PS5 is a good purchase if you can find it.

Astro is sweet platformer that takes a fun jump in lots of nostalgia action as a kind of virtual PS museum and it is perhaps one of the best (if not the best) demonstration of what the DualSense is about… Dynamic triggers + gyro/accelerometers + haptics feel really great when they work together. I also think you will change your mind on Demon’s Souls once you eventually play it on PS5 ;).

Last edited:

GymWolf

Worse idea ever.

I bought a nextgen console to play nextgen games not fucking crossgen, the fact that we sacrificed spiderman, horizon sequel and probably gow ragnarock on this crossgen altar is already high tier bullshit and it need to fucking stop.

Sounds rude but i don't care.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

It's crazy reading all these privileged post. It's sad how much empathy is lacking in the world.

You can say what you about the sells numbers, but everyone who wants and can afford a retail ps5, doesn't have one. You can see the complaints in almost every PS thread.

The past won't hold back the future forever, but the Ps4 should still get some first party love for atleast a little while longer. At least untill the point where people can walk in a store and buy a ps5 off the shelf.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Last gen is getting/has got;

Miles Morales
Sackboy
Gears Hivebusters
Horizon Forbidden West
Halo Infinite
And possibly Forza Horizon 5 if it comes this year.

There’s absolutely no reason for them to get any further support than this.

zaanan

Banned
I don’t believe that for a second. Is your volume turned all the way down and is there a disturbing lack of noise in your home that you can hear a mouse queef?
Q8Iztbr.jpg

Alan Wake

I've been thinking the same thing. It's now likely PS5 won't be available for the masses in another year or so.

ethomaz

Banned
PS5 needs to support new games releases.

Supply will catch demand with the time... it is not really a issue that you need to fix.

TexMex

There are a shit load of games coming out on prior gen and will be for the foreseeable future so idk what you’re on about here.

odhiex

Yup, I feel the same way as OP. However, I think 2023 is the year when people really see "Major franchises" from both third and first parties be released exclusively to PS5 and XBOX series (and PC of course duh). I mean stuff like Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, etc.

I also expect in 2022, we are going to see sport titles remained cross-gen, until (maybe 2024) they become differenciated between the Normal edition and Legacy edition (update rosters only lol).

Popular F2P games like Fortnite, Apex, Genshin Impact etc. will last even longer (especially they have mobile version).

The current popular online games like GTA V, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Destiny will be supported online for a long period of time...but in 2023, I suspect some of them can no longer be cross play with the next gen versions.

Last edited:
chip shortage due to crypto money laundering and covid just barely began

that's the new crappy world for the foreseeable future

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I think 4000+ games for last gen is more than enough already, we need to give the devs a break a focus on less HW and more efficient. Sony should keep doing their amazing work with incomparable games like Ratchet and Clank and near future games, don't really care what others plan.

zaanan

Banned
I’m totally serious. Try not sitting an inch from your screen.
You’re either not good at reading comprehension, or you are calling me a liar when I clearly stated I am at least 10 feet from my TV. Either way, as Mark Twain wisely said, “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Bye.

HotPocket69

Banned
You’re either not good at reading comprehension, or you are calling me a liar when I clearly stated I am at least 10 feet from my TV. Either way, as Mark Twain wisely said, “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Bye.

Didn’t even realize you were the same person as I had already completely forgotten I had even wasted time communicating with ya. Cheers.

yamaci17

MS definitely should since they'll have the Series S holding it back this entire generation. Please don't buy it. And if you did, throw it away.
Series S won't hold back the generation

- it won't have ray tracing, realistically in future titles
- ray tracing needs a much bigger memory configuration
- by not having ray tracing, series s is practically okay with lower memory
- games will be designed with rt+raster in mind and will consume a lot of memory, but that will be the case for sx and ps5 only, once you left RT out of equation, series s memory is fine. but then that's a compromise you will have to make and decide if you're really getting nextgen experience or not, and that's entirely a different topic
- series s won't hold back the generation because no developer will ever make compromises for series s to hit 1080p. a lot of developers tested the water already and userbase of Series S are content with what they're getting, ranging from 576p to 900p. as long as games hit 576, and 648p, series s won't be holding back the generation

- and finally, it has on-par CPU with SX and PS5, in that respect, it will never hold back games from the CPU-side of things

if developers dumb down ray tracing to fit the series s's memory buffer, only then you could argue it is holding back. but they won't do that either. it's not logical anyways. there are already some games that omit ray tracing out of series s, and userbase is okay with that.

Last edited:

BlackTron

- games will be designed with rt+raster in mind and will consume a lot of memory, but that will be the case for sx and ps5 only, once you left RT out of equation, series s memory is fine. but then that's a compromise you will have to make and decide if you're really getting nextgen experience or not, and that's entirely a different topic
- series s won't hold back the generation because no developer will ever make compromises for series s to hit 1080p. a lot of developers tested the water already and userbase of Series S are content with what they're getting, ranging from 576p to 900p. as long as games hit 576, and 648p, series s won't be holding back the generation

- and finally, it has on-par CPU with SX and PS5, in that respect, it will never hold back games from the CPU-side of things

if developers dumb down ray tracing to fit the series s's memory buffer, only then you could argue it is holding back. but they won't do that either. it's not logical anyways. there are already some games that omit ray tracing out of series s, and userbase is okay with that.
I assure you that PS5 will be able to do more with an exclusive title than anything on the X that can also be played on an S.

And, given that most games will be multiplatform and have to run on an S too, this is bad.

Fundamentally, the lowest spec across the board will hold back game development. And yes, PC game design is hampered by the fact that devs want to design a game that can run on a wide assortment of hardware.

Traditionally, this was the benefit that consoles had over PC. By having a single unified spec made just for games, you could have a cheap machine that punched above its weight.

Now, console games also have to run on a wider range of specs just like PC, ceding an important benefit of consoles over PCs.

PS5 exclusives are going to slay in this regard. Halo Infinite does nothing to convince me otherwise.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
This MUST be sarcasm, or at least be something other than serious. Think of the install base already available if not. This OP isnt very well thought out but your post takes the piss if you were serious 🤣🤣

This should be sarcasm.

The PS5 is outpacing the PS4 in the same time frame. With more next gen versions of games outselling the last gen versions....the OP and your post makes no sense.

Ppl are speaking with their wallets: if given the choice they are getting it on next gen. So....why even cater to last gen if ppl are choosing next gen?

The PS5 is in extremely high demand....so the answer is give ppl less reasons to get one?

Does not compute.

What an ignorant OP.

Sony's PS5 production is currently out-pacing its PS4 production rates launch-aligned. It's PS5 chip manufacturing has been booked years in advance, and will continue on schedule for the foreseeable future. So, there isn't a "shortage" of PS5's - there's an inability for Sony to scale up its production to meet sustained-higher-than-expected demand. Those are two very different things.

A shortage would be Sony unable manufacturer the minimum number of PS5s to hits its pre-established production schedule, leading to potential losses for the company. Currently, it's actually beating its own estimates - no one has ever made as much money this quickly off their consoles as Sony has with its PS5.
Being unable to meet demand means Sony's projections were conservative; more people want PS5's than Sony anticipated. However, because chip manufacturing has been booked solid years in advance, they cannot now scale up to increase production, but they're not losing anything - they're hitting every target they have and will continue to do so for years, leading to extensive profits.

This situation is also true for Microsoft.

Neither company needs to do anything from your OP to "survive".

Last gen is getting/has got;

Miles Morales
Sackboy
Gears Hivebusters
Horizon Forbidden West
Halo Infinite
And possibly Forza Horizon 5 if it comes this year.

There’s absolutely no reason for them to get any further support than this.
Exactly. There's no extra, more they need to do.

Last edited:

I largely agree with you but can you point me to a XSS title that runs at a sustained 570p? Until we see the full suite of hardware features utilized on the XSS we won't know what it's truly capable of.

I assure you that PS5 will be able to do more with an exclusive title than anything on the X that can also be played on an S.

And, given that most games will be multiplatform and have to run on an S too, this is bad.

Fundamentally, the lowest spec across the board will hold back game development. And yes, PC game design is hampered by the fact that devs want to design a game that can run on a wide assortment of hardware.

Traditionally, this was the benefit that consoles had over PC. By having a single unified spec made just for games, you could have a cheap machine that punched above its weight.

Now, console games also have to run on a wider range of specs just like PC, ceding an important benefit of consoles over PCs.

PS5 exclusives are going to slay in this regard. Halo Infinite does nothing to convince me otherwise.
Why would you pick a cross gen game like Halo Infinite but not a game like MS Flight Simulator when talking about graphics? I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of amazing looking games on both consoles and the XSS won't hamper a thing.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Why would you pick a cross gen game like Halo Infinite but not a game like MS Flight Simulator when talking about graphics? I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of amazing looking games on both consoles and the XSS won't hamper a thing.

I will agree that Halo Infinite isn't a great example given that it's cross-gen, but TBH I forgot that for a moment, and also struggled to think of a different exclusive Xbox game on next gen hardware (I'm sure they are there though, lol).

I agree that there will be plenty of amazing looking games on both. I disagree that XSS won't hamper a thing, though.

I mean sure, if you have a traditional style fighting game with two characters in an arena, then you can simply keep adding polygon counts, res, texture quality, effects etc. and XSX will brute force it to match or exceed PS5.

However PS5 will be able to support fundamentally more advanced game design than that, with an exclusive game that doesn't have to run on such a lower spec. For example, I do not believe that Rachet & Clank: Rift Apart would be possible on the S if you simply turned off ray tracing and lowered the resolution.

Kerotan

Sony better not make more AAA games for ps4 in 2023. GTA 6 better not be on ps4 in 2023. Fuck that.

Disappointed the next Battlefield isn't next gen only. Sure they'll sell less at launch but the game would be better and could sell more long term.

Again I understand lots of 2021 games including those delayed to 2022 support last gen but any later then that I don't like it.

I will agree that Halo Infinite isn't a great example given that it's cross-gen, but TBH I forgot that for a moment, and also struggled to think of a different exclusive Xbox game on next gen hardware (I'm sure they are there though, lol).

I agree that there will be plenty of amazing looking games on both. I disagree that XSS won't hamper a thing, though.

I mean sure, if you have a traditional style fighting game with two characters in an arena, then you can simply keep adding polygon counts, res, texture quality, effects etc. and XSX will brute force it to match or exceed PS5.

However PS5 will be able to support fundamentally more advanced game design than that, with an exclusive game that doesn't have to run on such a lower spec. For example, I do not believe that Rachet & Clank: Rift Apart would be possible on the S if you simply turned off ray tracing and lowered the resolution.
Perhaps you can explain why the XSS having a weaker GPU will negatively impact game design but it having the same CPU, SSD, and technology as the higher resolution consoles won't help.

Why don't you think the XSS would be capable of a ratchet and clank type of game? Are you even aware that it is the exact same SSD and i/o tech the XSX has? It does not have the same hard drive as the X1.

Like I said before, I have an Xbox Series S and to be honest, I wanted to get a PS5 but at this point and time, I don't think it's possible and there is no way in hell I'm going to buy from a scaper. But that is not the point of this thread being made. I know a lot of people are going to disagree and myself included, but................at the rate we are going with next-gen consoles being extremely rare. Both PlayStation and Xbox need to rethink how their plans are going to be for next-gen till this shortage goes away. If it ever does go away. I think they need to extend their support for last-gen till this goes away, yes you read that right. It even burns my eyes writing this. But hear me out.

Sony is now saying that they are making plans to cut down and restructure the PS5 to meet up with demands, and the shortage probably won't end till 2021 to 2022, maybe longer. Right now these chips are going to be sold to the highest bidder and since videogames are not a priority for some, both companies are going to have issues getting enough chip supplies. Why would I say this well because phones and computers or tablets are important for these companies to make. As more and more people work from home myself included. -- This is where the solution comes in, both companies are going to force themselves to support last-gen till 2023 or longer depending on how long this shortage lasts.

I don't like the stupid idea of me even writing this but at this rate, if both companies want to survive they have three choices.......

2. Risk the game running horribly, release it till meet ends meet.
3. Run around in circles and hope for the best.

Like I said I don't like the idea but it's a solution for all, till this issue gets resolved, if it ever does. Cause bad news, after bad news keeps coming out. No good news has come out from both companies stating they are capable of meeting up with demands. I don't know maybe in a few months. This crap will blow over and everyone will get lucky and get a next-gen console. Who knows, all I know is if devs start making games next-gen only I can see a disastrous result come back.

I don't know maybe I'm wrong in all this and this is just a dream.

So to anyone who has a next-gen console on here, count your blessings because at this point you are sitting on the rarest device ever at this point, rarer than a damn iPhone.

Thoughts?

Edit ---- Damn I must've pissed off everyone, like I said things will not get any better. When we see horrible sales on these next-gen only because of lack of people buying the new gen. You'll see.
Agreed. Of course I have some bias. I have tried at least 15 different days starting at pre-order day (the on where they secretly started selling the night before so when people like me were there on time we got left with nothing). To having scalpers and bots steel the ps5 from my shopping cart every damn time. You know how frustrating that is? Imagine going into a brick and mortar store and getting groceries or something and you are about to get rung up and some asshole is taking your stuff out of the cart. In a real store such a person would have the cops called on them or be kicked the f out. In online stores somehow this is acceptable. These stores need to give you time to check out. If you have it in your cart pull it from inventory. Why isn't this the norm. If you don't checkout in 10 minutes restock it. Simple as that.

The stores ans companies aren't doing enough to get consoles into legit gamers hands, instead they let bots and scalpers run wild. Its gotten to the point where I said screw it, I'm done with playstation or xbox, and am staying with pc and switch.

The last Gen part I couldnt care either way as my launch day ps4 is broke. It overheats and I'm not spending $400 for a new ps4 (they haven't dropped the price as thag is how much they sell for on GameSpot, Amazon, etc..) why is a 8 year old console the same price as the new console? That ps4 slim should be no more than $199 and readily available, but it's not, why? At that price maybe I would get one to hold me off, but not any higher. I'll wait til the companies get their act together.

As for games, keep putting them on pc and I will buy them. My ryzen 3600 with geforce 2060rtx and 16gb ddr4 is more than capable at 1080p (my displays native res). I'm getting from 60 to 80 fps with Ray tracing on ultra and graphics on ultra setting in the next gen update, ray tracing only version of metro exodus. Can play cyberpunk at 45 to 75fps with full rtx. Dlss is a winner. Been waiting since Dec 2nd for the 3060ti Stepup. So thankful that the 2060 is holding its own.

Make next gen offerings just make adjustable graphics settings. Put the games out on pc day and date (and I mean steam/gog, not epic or game pass ms store bull rap platforms).

People should calm down. Where is the rush really ? Anybody who has a PS4 or an Xbox One can still enjoy a ton of games.

NieR Replicant has just been released. Awesome game. No need to have a Series or PS5 for this. There aren't enough good reasons to buy a Series or PS5 right now.
Yeah I agree, just wish my ps4 didn't overheat. I want to finish ghost of tushima but can't. Neir repplicant is on pc so thats good. Just got Neir automata, tales of bersaria, symphonia and Bayonetta on a steam sale, all for under $30 during the golden week sale.

It did suck that I had to install a bunch of mods to fix Neir automata. The game plays great now though it does show some screen tearing which is odd as it's fps are locked at 60 and I have gsync on with a 144hz ips monitor. No other game has this issue.

I do wish ps4 had a legit price drop. It needs to be no more than $199 yet its Being sold for $399 on amazon, gamestop, etc... That's an 8 year old console being sold the same price as current Gen. Sony is trying to rip people off knowing the shortage of ps5 is in effect. As I would think most people with broken ps4s would opt for ps5 instead.

./ start rant/ Only solution is to stop giving $16/hour to sit at home and not work. There is a lack of young people going back to work and they are buying up gaming stuff and making it hard for the working folks who they leach off of. The pandemic is mostly over, go the f back to work already. If they were busy working they wouldn't be spending their time buying and scalping as a full time job. It sucks working 40 to 50 hours a week and you can't buy stuff for your hobby and go get a quick meal as these fools won't go back to work. It's also driving up inflation. What good is money if it doesn't buy anything either form inflation or lack of supply due to shortage of people willing to work. Get them rare mineral mines back open, stat. Pay those people a decent wage as the demand is in. /end rant.

While funny, I have to throw in with them. My Pro's were quite loud. Well the first was jet engine loud, and got to the point it'd overheat playing Death Stranding. I eventually got one of the newer models which is better but slowly the fan noise grew worse. Its one of the reasons I play more demanding games on my PS5 despite the space limitations. Many of my memories playing co-op in The Division 2, Destiny 2, Monster Hunter World and FFXIV with friends was we'd constantly hear each others fans going overboard. I have a decent apartment, sit about 8-9ft away and the system(s) are well ventilated. Its just a design flaw. Its so bad my best friend boxed up his PS4 and is using the SX right now.

Also, my neighbors are fucking loud as hell, screw them.
I have base ps4 and it was fine until 2 years ago. Now it sounds like a jet engine after 2 minutes just in the ui alone. It also raises the room temperature by 10 degrees. It makes it unbearable to play. I didn't have an issue with the ps3. Whag did they do wrong? I have cleanup any dust in the fan and vents. Do I need to take off the heat sync and get some arctic 5 or whatever it's called now on to the cpu to get rid of this? Would that even work?getting a replacement is out of the question as they sell for $399 since Sony isn't lowering the price or retailers are taking advantage of lack of ps5. If I could even play my ps4 I wouldn't be so mad about the 15 times I tried securing a ps5 and got left with nothing.

• Empathy
Reactions: Isa
This is quite the meltdown. Sorry you didn't find a PS5, but calm down lol.
Easy to say by someone who probably has both consoles or 2 of each like many on this site. Don't know how you people secured that while some of us can't even get one or have our shit stolen out of the shopping carts. I have a right to be pissed at retailers, Sony, scalpers, bots, miners, youtube streamers, and smug people who bought more than one system.

Easy to say by someone who probably has both consoles or 2 of each like many on this site. Don't know how you people secured that while some of us can't even get one or have our shit stolen out of the shopping carts. I have a right to be pissed at retailers, Sony, scalpers, bots, miners, youtube streamers, and smug people who bought more than one system.
"Stolen"?

And, yeah, I do own all the current-gen consoles. I also was willing to camp out of a GameStop to get my PS5 preorder in.

Series X, I just went online and bought it off Walmart day one.

Just because you don't have the platform to play it on now, you want to restrict those that do?

It isn't like it is gonna expire, you can play it when you can get that platform.

What kind of logic is this? "I have to wait to play it, so everyone should!" Go play something else, surely there's SOMETHING out there you want to play but haven't. You don't have any backlog? You're either very, very picky, or you have way too much time on your hands.
Maybe people that bought multiple consoles ( I see so many in here and elsewhere spouting how they bought more than one console and have ps5s or xbx in multiple rooms), or scalpers /resellers, miners and bots, make them suffer like the rest of us as people like above are part of the problem. Normally I would agree with your point, but not today.

Honestly I don't mean it, I get your point, but I am in a bitter mood and tired of the bullcrap. Never seen so many be able to get a console and brag about it and tried so many times to be left with crap. Then I see all these people selling online or on here for 2 to 5 x msrp.

Last edited:
Top Bottom