• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Lydie & Suelle coming west for Switch, PS4, and PC in early 2018

atelierlydieandsuellejzuqs.png

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/atelier-lydie-suelle-coming-west-ps4-switch-pc-early-2018

https://youtu.be/yozcm0EBaNg

KOEI TECMO America Announces Western Release Of Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings

Immerse Yourself In An All-New Tale And Color The Path To Your Destiny In The Conclusion To Atelier's ‘Mysterious' Series, Headed To Nintendo SwitchTM, PlayStation®4 And Steam®

Burlingame, Calif. — September 22, 2017 — KOEI TECMO America announced today the upcoming western release of Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings for the Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC via Steam®. Slated to release in Early 2018, this latest entry to GUST's popular Atelier franchise continues from Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book and Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey, concluding the Mysterious series with an all-new heart-warming narrative.

The gripping conclusion to the Mysterious series marks the 20th Anniversary for the Atelier franchise, following the tale of the alchemist twins - the reserved but caring Lydie Marlen, and the eccentric and carefree Suelle Marlen. The young twins work alongside their father at the family atelier, but due to his inexperience in alchemy they rarely see any customers. While working hard to hone their skills, the duo uncovers a mysterious-looking painting, and as they reach out to investigate the girls are drawn inside a world bountiful with rare materials... perfect for Alchemy! This fateful discovery is just the beginning of the twin's adventure leading them to their joint goal... to run the best atelier in the country.

To celebrate the reveal of Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings, KOEI TECMO America released a selection of screenshots and a brand new trailer introducing the game's protagonists and a first look at the beautiful environments they will explore on their journey.

For more information on Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings, please like us on www.facebook.com/koeitecmous and follow us on twitter @koeitecmous. This title has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

ABOUT KOEI TECMO AMERICA CORP.
KOEI TECMO AMERICA CORP. is a publisher of interactive entertainment software for current generation consoles, handhelds and digital download content based in Burlingame, California. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of KOEI TECMO HOLDINGS CO., LTD., headquartered in Yokohama, Japan. KOEI is best known for its Dynasty Warriors® and Samurai Warriors® franchises. TECMO is best known for the Dead or Alive®, Ninja Gaiden®, Tecmo Bowl®, and Fatal Frame® series.

ATELIER LYDIE & SUELLE ©2017 KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. All rights reserved. GUST is a registered trademark of KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. The KT logo is a registered trademark of KOEI TECMO HOLDINGS CO., LTD.

”PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
© 2017 Nintendo. Nintendo Switch and Joy-Con are trademarks of Nintendo.

No info on retail arrangements yet.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
As expected - those will be the 3 main platforms for those type of games going forward anyway.

Clov

While there's no info on retail yet, I feel it's safe to assume that it will get a physical release on Switch, given that Nights of Azure 2 is getting one.

Are these good RPGs in their own right? Or do they rely too heavily on anime fanservicey stuff?

Another portable RPG is always welcome.

They are not really RPGs. They are a hybrid between a crafting game and simple RPG mechanics.

They are not relying in fanservice, but a lot of anime tropes.

They are not really RPGs. They are a hybrid between a crafting game and simple RPG mechanics.

Ah. Thanks.

I'll probably wait until a price drop then. Doesn't sound like something I'd like, but I'm willing to give it a shot for $20 or so.

prudislav

woah that was quite was localization announment ... love to see steam version

Wonder when will Kekmo announce Attack on Titan 2 localization

Strings

Are these good RPGs in their own right? Or do they rely too heavily on anime fanservicey stuff?

They're great imo. Check out something like Atelier Logy and Escha if you have the time - it's probably my favourite RPG of last gen (which admittedly was a super weak period for them, but yeah, it's a great game :p).

They are 1000% RPGs. Like, yeah... Even in a game where combat is uncharacteristically bad, like Atelier Shallie, it's still 1000000% a fully-fledged RPG.

Sooner than expected. Let's hope they fix the frame rate and that awful battle system HUD, probably not, is GUST after all.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
While there's no info on retail yet, I feel it's safe to assume that it will get a physical release on Switch, given that Nights of Azure 2 is getting one.
Switch is a relevant system in the west with a growing retailer presence.. I don't think you have to worry anytime soon for Switch releases. Especially since even smaller Indie type releases are aiming for physical releases on Switch.

Heh, three separate threads for Lydie & Suelle news (though the first thread was the Asian announcement, not the North American/European one).

Yes, they are good RPGs; arguably no, they don't rely on anime fanservice. I mean, there is a bunch of anime stuff in there, and it's hard to deny that there's cutesy moe stuff. The games vary in terms of fanservice (hello requisite hot springs scene in every game) but they're not supposed to be sexy or sexualizing games. Dumb costume designs aside (hello Plachta), you can basically ignore that stuff and play the game as the innocent and lighthearted alchemy RPG I think it should be. If you absolutely hate anime stylings, these are probably not the games for you, but I think the gameplay systems could easily entertain outside of the anime setting. I'd love to see a Western, sci-fi take on Atelier sometime, for example.

If the alchemy stuff looks at all interesting to you, I'd recommend trying at least one of the Dusk series, I think that one holds up the best and is the one most free of anime fanservice-y stuff. It also happens to have the best battle and alchemy systems of the modern-era franchise.

Takeru

I usually get PC + PS4, but will have to get PC and Switch this time around. I need the game on the go.

Strings

How is combat in Shallie bad? Are you crazy?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I found it basically impossible to avoid being crazy overleveled (~10 levels higher minimum than w/e I was fighting) due to the busted way experience is awarded. Made combat a complete snooze.

RalchAC

Ah. Thanks.

I'll probably wait until a price drop then. Doesn't sound like something I'd like, but I'm willing to give it a shot for $20 or so.

Sounds about right. I played Atelier Shallie last year, and it was surprisingly fun. The alchemy system is quite deep, the combat system gets the job done and the fields were ok. They're not especially remarkable but they aren't that big, which is an actual plus (otherwise you end with modern Tales of boooooooooooooooring fields).

The interactions are rather funny. Cute and tropey anime girls interacting with each other like cute and tropey anime girls. Some people would love it, some would hate it. For me it was ok.

If you like the alchemy system you'll get in the loop. It's a more relaxing approach to JRPGs, a good game to sink some time if you're stressed and don't want to play anything too demanding.

Khrno

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I found it basically impossible to avoid being crazy overleveled (~10 levels higher minimum than w/e I was fighting) due to the busted way experience is awarded. Made combat a complete snooze.

Well that's not an issue with the combat system, the combat was just fine, the issue was with the leveling system , and even so I never care about the trash mobs or even story bosses, but the combat was very good at endgame.

BasilZero

So Switch is the new Vita.

Awesome lol - since I didnt want a vita and plan to get a Switch in the future.

Though I'll get the game on PC (even if its downgraded....).

ohlawd

almost missed this thread.

I've also missed the last two entries. FEELS FUCKING BAD, MAN

Atelier Meruru was the best RPG last gen

last couple entries I've played are like 8 or 9/10 games so still good

I'm pretty sure Switch is the only one with just the 3rd and without Sophie and Firis, as PS4, Vita, and Steam have all three (PS3 only got Sophie and only in Japan).

Hopefully KT will correct this oversight and bring Sophie and Firis to Switch next year, I mean they're bringing Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires, Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada, and finally Warriors Orochi 3, all to Switch on the same day on Nov 9th in Japan.

So ports of older titles are very much in the cards. Fingers crossed! :D

Nice! Hope we get a nice LE edition on the Switch like the Vita versions got.

Would also love them to port the Dusk Trilogy too.

fingers and legs crossed. as much as I'd like to, I see no other way I'm gonna play the older two games

anyone wanna scissor? that's another pair of stuff crossed

ohlawd <3

Top Bottom