• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy rated in Australia

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

DefensiveDazzlingBlowfish-size_restricted.gif

I enjoyed first game very much, definitely looking forward to this, but I didn't expected to hear about the sequel this soon.

Vawn

Banned
It was definitely the best Atelier game I've played yet. Interesting they went with a 2 and not Atelier Some Other Girl with an older Ryza as a mentor.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wait, are people genuinely excited to play a sequel, or just want more thighs?
This was my first Atelier game, so at first I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it or not. I ended up loving it - it works great as a "slice of life" RPG where the characters aren't really facing world-shattering catastrophes, they aren't the "chosen ones", and the stakes are pretty low. The game's progression was stellar, the items were fun to find and the areas you find them were equally fun to explore. The crafting system was obviously the game's highlight - but the reason for needing to craft stuff was always a huge pull for me as the main story and side quests stayed fun and interesting throughout.

Also, thighs.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hopefully they will also print another Switch run of the first game. It's like $200 on ebay...

tenor.gif

Yeah I keep holding out for a reprint of the Switch version and I'm guessing they're having issues making more.

It's literally the best selling game in the entire Atelier series so it seems weird that they wouldn't make more.

Last edited:
I had just bought the first game off Amazon Asian with English Subtitles (as God intended) hopefully this is out by the time I finish it. Will be my first game in the series since the PS3 games.

Rikoi

Well that's good news, it was the best selling Atelier game.
Of course they want to make a sequel counting on the features of the first game.

I still never played one of these games and like to. They look fun. Since the series price seemingly won’t drop below $40 and they get a good amount of sequels, I assume they are decent at least.

sublimit

Banned
I played a bit the other day (i've had the game since last autumn) just to check its visuals and i absolutely loved the art direction. It's such a feel-good game. It's almost therapeutical how relaxed its gameplay is at least at the start.

I'm very curious if they will further improve the visuals and interaction with the world in the sequel. I would love it if they implement a better jump button and more vertical exploration.Also hopefully it will have less invisible walls.

Murr

Tried to get the first game on switch for a long while. Then i saw today that my physical copy actually shipped :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:.
Very interested to play it. Always loved the crafting aspect of the older Atelier games.

Last edited:

Danjin44

This looked really good, I really like how the game waay more open, there is a lot more ways to explore including swimming under water. I hear its tradition for Atelier series to change protagonist with each game but I'm glad we still going to play as Ryza since I really liked her in original game.

JayK47

I am surprised they are sticking with the same character. That is a first since I have been playing the Atelier games.

Danjin44

I am surprised they are sticking with the same character. That is a first since I have been playing the Atelier games.
I'm guessing because Ryza was the best selling Atelier game and lot of people liked Ryza herself.

JayK47

I get the impression they plan these out years and while you are playing Ryza they were well into development of Ryza 2.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The first game suffered from a meh gameplay, recycled monsters and dlc only backstories. Not even a 2d opening... Hopefully this one fixes these issues. Also it was still better than the last 3 Atelier games.
Wait, are people genuinely excited to play a sequel, or just want more thighs?
9KyaYaL.jpg

lol who cares about Ryza? If Lila is back I'll get it.

killatopak

ok for someone who hasn’t played an Atelier game in a long time, why is Ryza great and why should I play it?

Maybe I can catch up and play the sequel if I like the first one enough.

McCheese

ok for someone who hasn’t played an Atelier game in a long time, why is Ryza great and why should I play it?

It's a grinding game, so you farm items, craft stuff, get a bit stronger.

Enemies don't scale so you get that nice sense of progression as you return to an area that you were struggling with and see how much stronger you've got.

Battle system is final fantasy 7, relaxing music, cute story, and the anime girls are t h I c c.

It's a very fun game.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Ryza was my first Atelier game and the reason I enjoyed it because how fun and rewarding to explore. there is nice gameplay loop of gathering stuff so you can craft items that helps you in battle and later on crating items that let you explore more places.

Also even act of gathering items is fun because based on which tools you use you get different stuff for your crafting, so it becomes even more fun to go back previous places with new tool to get different stuff.

edit: Also the game is just gorgeous!
atelier-ryza-ever-darkness-and-the-secret-hideout-1.jpg

Atelier-Ryza-Gameplay-Vid_07-09-19.jpg

Atelier-Ryza_20190627_13.jpg

ss-031.jpg

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Ryza was my first Atelier game and the reason I enjoyed it because how fun and rewarding to explore. there is nice gameplay loop of gathering stuff so you can craft items that helps you in battle and later on crating items that let you explore more places.

Also even act of gathering items is fun because based on which tools you use you get different stuff for your crafting, so it becomes even more fun to go back previous places with new tool to get different stuff.

edit: Also the game is just gorgeous!
atelier-ryza-ever-darkness-and-the-secret-hideout-1.jpg

Atelier-Ryza-Gameplay-Vid_07-09-19.jpg

Atelier-Ryza_20190627_13.jpg

ss-031.jpg
Try Ayesha.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You mean this?
AtelierAyesha.jpg

I might, in fact I might try out other Atelier games since I enjoyed Ryza vey much.
Yep. Turn based, better music and characters. You might not like the fact your actions take up time in game though.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
No, I don't mind that, I enjoyed Hashino's Persona series and Fire Emblem Three Houses.
Like picking up some grass takes up hours...in game. Even then you should be able to get the good ending on your first playthrough.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I'm guessing the time is divided by morning, afternoon and night?
More like you can miss events with characters (or even getting them) by doing random battles/synthesizing items ect. You'll get what I mean once you play it.

Danjin44

More like you can miss events with characters (or even getting them) by doing random battles/synthesizing items ect. You'll get what I mean once you play it.
So you can't do everything first playthrough, I'm gonna give it try anyway, I don't mind time managements in my games.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
So you can't do everything first playthrough, I'm gonna give it try anyway, I don't mind time managements in my games.
You can. I wasn't able too because I wasted too much time making bombs but eventually I did.

Top Bottom