• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlas of Breast Cup Sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

joedan

ibzp5SZAmbYDAT.gif

Approving GAF's Travel documents

WTF. I need this slowed down.

genjiZERO

Easier child delivery (wide hips) and nurturing the young, (large breasts).

if that was true then why do Asians have the smallest breasts and are generally considered to be the thinnest, but are the majority of the people in the world? If larger breasts and wider hips actually gave a reproductive advantage then you would expect it to be the norm.... but it doesn't seem like it is. Things that are reproductive disadvantages tend to be the minority (or die out) within populations.

Majine

Banned
if that was true then why do Asians have the smallest breasts and are generally considered to be the thinnest, but are the majority of the people in the world? If larger breasts and wider hips actually gave a reproductive advantage then you would expect it to be the norm.... but it doesn't seem like it is. Things that are reproductive disadvantages tend to be the minority (or die out) within populations.

I'm just guessing here, but I think Asia through history has had a stronger culture where having more children the better.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
my wife is a DD (36 i think) and her boobs are definitely bigger than that
bra sizes are confusing

Maybe she's wearing the wrong size? That's very common. If she's thin and wearing 36 she may even be an F cup. I know I've had that confusion myself.

genjiZERO

I'm just guessing here, but I think Asia through history has had a stronger culture where having more children the better.

And fewer bubonic plagues, and more Genghis Khans.

Seems like every population has been subject demand for children in pre-modern medicines times. But even in modern times isn't India ground zero for every disease you can think of - including Plague, malaria, etc? I'm not convinced the perception of cultural practice (which, no offense, but I don't even think is true) or a single warlord in the 12th century is enough to override basic biological concepts of fitness. I think the idea of bigger hips and breasts = more likely for offspring to survive seems reasonable, but if it was true I think it would be represented in the population (which doesn't seem to be the case based on that graph and contemporary geographical population densities).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom