• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announces Deep Strange Journey for 3DS

cj_iwakura

B9E5JyI.jpg

http://shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/

cBSAm2d.png

Looks like an enhanced port.

So is Etrian Odyssey 3 the only DS game without a port/remake now?

I'm actually super hyped for this if only because Strange Journey is amazing. I wonder if it's going to be done in the EO4 engine.

duckroll

Director: Eiji Ishida
New Devil Design: Masayuki Doi
Sound Composers: Shoji Meguro, Toshiki Konishi

No more Kaneko. SMT is doomed. Etc.

If the 3DS wasn't region locked I would buy this for Maaya Sakamoto and Takahiro Sakurai. Not sure if I want to buy a 3DS game by 2018 when this is released in English anyway.

Weiss

Banned
It's not that I'm not excited, but SJ is so big a game that I'm not sure I can return to it.

It truly is the Dark Souls of Persona.

Jb

As happy as I am that a lot of new folks will get to play this great game, I'm a tad disappointed that this is the title they're putting out to celebrate the 25th anniversary.

mrmickfran

Definitely getting this.

It's too bad Atlus is backlogged with localizations, so God knows how long this will take.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Director: Eiji Ishida
New Devil Design: Masayuki Doi
Sound Composers: Shoji Meguro, Toshiki Konishi

No more Kaneko. SMT is doomed. Etc.

If the 3DS wasn't region locked I would buy this for Maaya Sakamoto and Takahiro Sakurai. Not sure if I want to buy a 3DS game by 2018 when this is released in English anyway.

Making the 3DS region-free is dead simple these days, though.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Disappointed it's another port/remake.

Also where did Kaneko disappear to?

Clean faces mod.
1490529523325227.png

I'm a bit sad that it seems like Doi has redrawn the characters. I'm going to miss Kaneko.

I'm also hoping for no demon co-op. But maybe I'm hoping for too much there.

MrT-Tar

Strange Journey and Radiant Historia were never released in Europe, so I took the opportunity to import copies from Canada when they both (along with Front Mission and Valkyrie Profile: CotP) were reprinted last year.

I have yet to play either.

Remakes of both are now announced.

c7d.jpg

Would have far preferred if we were having remakes of Radianta Stories and SMT If

I've yet to play Strange Journey, so this may be where I jump in if it comes to the West. Hopefully it's better than the disappointing SMT IV.

Disappointed it's a port but I'm down if the extra content is worthwhile. SJ is a fantastic game even with that terrible final boss.

Top Bottom