• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announces Deep Strange Journey for 3DS

Nice. Bought the original Strange Journey for DS earlier this year but have yet to play it beyond the first hour or two. Now I can pick this up and not play it instead.

Requeim

Maybe this is blasphemy, but the new art looks good. It being decently faithful to the Kaneko art is good enough for me, especially after the liberties they're taking with that Radiant Historia remake.

I also don't think it's that bad. I prefer the Kaneko art, but I don't think the characters in SJ were among his best work anyway. The new character and demon both look great though.

Can't wait to revisit this (Trigger Warning)
eridanus.jpg

Please come to the west.

Hylian7

I think you know the answer.

I don't understand a lick of Japanese, but I think (SMTIV, SJ, SMT1, and probably others spoiler)
this is perhaps a Yuriko/Louisa Ferre/Hikaru situation: Looks like waifu bait, really is a demon with some ulterior motive.

Also, I wonder if those anime scenes will be used in-game and not just in trailers.

cj_iwakura

I don't understand a lick of Japanese, but I think (SMTIV, SJ, SMT1, and probably others spoiler)
this is perhaps a Yuriko/Louisa Ferre/Hikaru situation: Looks like waifu bait, really is a demon with some ulterior motive.

Also, I wonder if those anime scenes will be used in-game and not just in trailers.

Bet cash money it's just an opening. Could be wrong, though.

An SJ anime would be interesting. Probably terrible, but interesting.

Took some screens.
MOST DEEP DEVIL EXPERIENCE

Asura getting bodied.

GENERIC RAGE

gngf123

On one hand, Strange Journey is my all time favorite SMT.

On the other hand, the new artwork basically looks like Kaneko's art was put through one of those shitty scaling filters. Looks awful.

Never finished SJ but the game is amazing. This enhanced port will be the push I need to go through this game. Can't wait!

And lol another 3DS game.

Man, just hearing the music puts me on alert lol, you couldn't let your guard down in this game.
Good memories.
Art aside, I'm pretty hyped for this.

krossj

thought it was a new strange journey when i read the title.. will have to see more of it but strange journey was great as it was not sure it needed anything changed.

Bladenic

Damn, two straight DS ports with basically nothing new except uglier art. This plus RS port.

Amazing.

Edit: meant this for the Altus slate thread but it's basically the same thing and fits here anyway.

Hmmm, I never got far in SJ... do I want to double dip. Probably not for retail, unless there are cool bonuses, which I am sure there will be.

Cool, might just pick this one up when it comes west. Wasn't exactly big into the DS, and wasn't an SMT fan back then when it came out anyway. Couldn't really be arsed to hunt down a copy of SJ when everything else has a digital release in some form.

Wizardry PS3's Red Shadow of the Sister DLC has worse ones.

DON'T call any of those post-Sir Tech abominations "Wizardry".

Posts like that, THAT is why we have Trigger Warnings, good sir.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
He was just a consultant and had the story idea, he hasn't done new art since SJ.

I'd be a little insulted if my art kept getting redrawn, but that's just me.
Happened already with Persona 2. Soejima did the in-game character art based on Kaneko's style. Don't think he cared then, don't think he cares now.

As happy as I am that a lot of new folks will get to play this great game, I'm a tad disappointed that this is the title they're putting out to celebrate the 25th anniversary.

Same. Was hoping for something more exciting than just an enhanced port. Wonder who the character artist is, doesn't look like Doi's work to me.

Top Bottom