• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announces "Persona Special Stage" for TGS 2015

Tirod

Really tempted to switch out my Serph avatar for that new Anzu art, ahhhhh.

Can't wait for next week, been so long since the initial February 5 blowout.

Tirod

There's never been anything even vaguely resembling a "blowout" so far.

Comparative to what else they've shown of the game, I'd consider it a blowout.

But you're right, it was a poor word choice on my part. The trailer established the setting, tone, art, party members, and portions of gameplay though; that's fairly significant.

Squire

Banned
Comparative to what else they've shown of the game, I'd consider it a blowout.

But you're right, it was a poor word choice on my part. The trailer established the setting, tone, art, party members, and portions of gameplay though; that's fairly significant.

Oh it was a fantastic trailer, for sure. Still the best one this year.

Squire

Banned
We got a bunch of information about the game itself from interviews following that trailer, though.

We got some mostly vague commentary on where the game is going thematically and... Really that was it. We hardly know the basic synopsis.

There's a thirst for more info for a reason: There's not really a whole lot of it out there.

FluxWaveZ

We got some mostly vague commentary on where the game is going thematically and... Really that was it. We hardly know the basic synopsis.

There's a thirst for more info for a reason: There's not really a whole lot of it out there.

Oh sure, I'm not debating the idea that there hasn't been a "blowout," but there has been several more details than that.

- Direct inspirations for the game via novels and fictional characters from Hashino.
- Development information and details concerning the game's aesthetic.
- Some system details such as sneaking and the return of the weather system.
- Some preliminary story details, such as the game starting in Shibuya but taking place in other Tokyo regions and the protagonist's background.

We've never got this whole flood of information that we're used to with the average game, but we've had a few tidbits here and there outside of trailers.

- Development information and details concerning the game's aesthetic.
- Some system details such as sneaking and the return of the weather system.
- Some preliminary story details, such as the game starting in Shibuya but taking place in other Tokyo regions and the protagonist's background.

Oh shit, I apparently missed some P5 news. Anyone got a link to the sources on these?

Edit: A little digging and I found them.

You poor misguided fools

#TeamRuin

I laughed way too hard at that. Lol.

I don't believe it will come out in 2015, but if Atlus says it comes out in 2015 then I think you should take their word for it. Companies typically don't say a year without wanting to at least try to hit that date. Until they say otherwise just take their word for it. I do believe they are trying to hit 2015 release. Odds are against them but I think they could do it.

Soriku

Bumping this thread for the inevitable "WHERE WAS P5" comments after the Sony conference.

It'll be on the Special Stage. Atlus keeping their cards too close to their chest as usual.

Aeana

qb2YKSL.png

If there's one thing I've learned from P5's weird marketing, it's that Atlus saves the goods for their super long streams. It needs to be uh...Friday? Saturday now!

It was nice to see that PV #2 footage make it into the opening montage at the Sony presser.

artsi

Just wait for

ペルソナ5
2015年11月5日

#believe

Lingitiz

Not really. Sega had a semi-packed show as is. Giving Persona it's whole stage was always the plan. The best we could hope for was a small teaser for the special stage PV. Release date was always gonna be saved for the stage.

Would have been nice to have a small teaser and a "please look forward to the stage show" or something.

But hey I'm already preparing myself mentally for hours of Atlus trolling.

Well, time to wait for the 19th.Expected they wanted to keep everything for their conference though. Oh well, something to look forward to :)

Top Bottom