Atlus Announces Snowboard Kids DS Plus Four More..

Jun 8, 2004
"Atlus, the Japanese developer of Shin Megamitensei and various other "evil" games, announced today five titles for the now officially named Nintendo DS. The list includes Shin Megamitensei DS (RPG), Snowboard Kids DS (action), Caduceus (action), Jinsei Game DS (board game), Choro Q DS (racing). All names are tentative.

Most of the names in the list are familiar Atlus properties. Shin Megamitensei is, of course, the company's most well-known series. Snowboard Kids has appeared on various Nintendo platforms in the past. Choro Q and Jinsei Game are well known on the PlayStation platform. Caduceus seems to be an original title."
http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/534/534079p1.html

Hey cool, hopefully this is a brand new Snowboard Kids & not a port of the sequel for the N64, which really was quite terrible.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Jun 9, 2004
How big are Atlus? That seems like good support from any company, but if they're not that large than 5 games is impressive.

Maybe they are large though.

Jun 7, 2004
Houston, Tx
Atlus needs to make a strat rpg for the DS. The stylus would work well with turn based strategy games. I could see it coming into to play when trying to attack someone. perhaps the player has to hit a random point on the screen with a stylus to get a good solid hit on the opponent. That's just for a start. Plus, you could move units around on screen by clicking and dragging and so forth.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Jun 6, 2004
Savannah, GA
This is kinda amazing. That little obscure title Snowbo Kids pops up on N64 greats lists all the time, and quite a few people have said they wanted to see it on the NDS (I personally never thought it would happen, though)

Wonders never cease and all that!

Jun 6, 2004
DS RPG list (so far)...

RPG
-Dragon Quest Monsters (Square Enix/Tose)
-Megaman Battle Network (Capcom)
-Shin Megami Tensei DS (Atlus)
-tba RPG (Namco)
-tba RPG (Nintendo/Brownie Brown)
-tba RPG (Square Enix/Matsuno)

ARPG
-Castlevania (Konami/KCET)
-Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (Square Enix)
-Legend of Zelda: Four Swords DS (Nintendo)

SRPG
-Egg Monster Hero (Square Enix)
-Super Robot Taisen (Banpresto)

CRPG
-Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubador (Konami/KCEJ)

SIM
-Animal Crossing (Nintendo)
-Monster Rancher (Tecmo)
-Urbz: Sims in the City (Electronic Arts/Griptonite)

...not bad. :)

jarrod said:
DS RPG list (so far)...

RPG
-Dragon Quest Monsters (Square Enix/Tose)
-Megaman Battle Network (Capcom)
-Shin Megami Tensei DS (Atlus)
-tba RPG (Namco)
-tba RPG (Nintendo/Brownie Brown)
-tba RPG (Square Enix/Matsuno)

ARPG
-Castlevania (Konami/KCET)
-Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (Square Enix)
-Legend of Zelda: Four Swords DS (Nintendo)

SRPG
-Egg Monster Hero (Square Enix)
-Super Robot Taisen (Banpresto)

CRPG
-Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubador (Konami/KCEJ)

SIM
-Animal Crossing (Nintendo)
-Monster Rancher (Tecmo)
-Urbz: Sims in the City (Electronic Arts/Griptonite)

...not bad. :)

I'm in like Flynn baby. The DS is mine!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jun 8, 2004
DarthWufei said:
I've absolutely not paid a single bit of attention to Shin Megami Tensei though, so I'm not sure what that's about.
Me neither. I keep hearing it mentioned, but haven't looked into it myself. Anyone want to summarise what it's all about?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Jun 6, 2004
Savannah, GA
Yeah, it's just too freaking weird that Atlus actually made a new Snowbo kids for the DS. It's like one of those fanboy dream games you wish about, but never expect.