• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Announces Snowboard Kids DS Plus Four More..

Trevelyon

"Atlus, the Japanese developer of Shin Megamitensei and various other "evil" games, announced today five titles for the now officially named Nintendo DS. The list includes Shin Megamitensei DS (RPG), Snowboard Kids DS (action), Caduceus (action), Jinsei Game DS (board game), Choro Q DS (racing). All names are tentative.

Most of the names in the list are familiar Atlus properties. Shin Megamitensei is, of course, the company's most well-known series. Snowboard Kids has appeared on various Nintendo platforms in the past. Choro Q and Jinsei Game are well known on the PlayStation platform. Caduceus seems to be an original title."

http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/534/534079p1.html

Hey cool, hopefully this is a brand new Snowboard Kids & not a port of the sequel for the N64, which really was quite terrible.

Shin Megami Tensei DS...Atlus is really milking the series lately. Can't wait to see it still. And Snowboard Kids DS? Great.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Is this the game that everyone swoons over?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
How big are Atlus? That seems like good support from any company, but if they're not that large than 5 games is impressive.

Maybe they are large though.

Deg

Banned
Snowboard kids is the only game to come close to Mario Kart mutliplayer style gameplay with the fun.

Mashing

Atlus needs to make a strat rpg for the DS. The stylus would work well with turn based strategy games. I could see it coming into to play when trying to attack someone. perhaps the player has to hit a random point on the screen with a stylus to get a good solid hit on the opponent. That's just for a start. Plus, you could move units around on screen by clicking and dragging and so forth.

GDGF

Soothsayer
This is kinda amazing. That little obscure title Snowbo Kids pops up on N64 greats lists all the time, and quite a few people have said they wanted to see it on the NDS (I personally never thought it would happen, though)

Wonders never cease and all that!

jarrod

Banned
DS RPG list (so far)...

RPG
-Dragon Quest Monsters (Square Enix/Tose)
-Megaman Battle Network (Capcom)
-Shin Megami Tensei DS (Atlus)
-tba RPG (Namco)
-tba RPG (Nintendo/Brownie Brown)
-tba RPG (Square Enix/Matsuno)

ARPG
-Castlevania (Konami/KCET)
-Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (Square Enix)
-Legend of Zelda: Four Swords DS (Nintendo)

SRPG
-Egg Monster Hero (Square Enix)
-Super Robot Taisen (Banpresto)

CRPG
-Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubador (Konami/KCEJ)

SIM
-Animal Crossing (Nintendo)
-Monster Rancher (Tecmo)
-Urbz: Sims in the City (Electronic Arts/Griptonite)

...not bad. :)

jarrod said:
DS RPG list (so far)...

RPG
-Dragon Quest Monsters (Square Enix/Tose)
-Megaman Battle Network (Capcom)
-Shin Megami Tensei DS (Atlus)
-tba RPG (Namco)
-tba RPG (Nintendo/Brownie Brown)
-tba RPG (Square Enix/Matsuno)

ARPG
-Castlevania (Konami/KCET)
-Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (Square Enix)
-Legend of Zelda: Four Swords DS (Nintendo)

SRPG
-Egg Monster Hero (Square Enix)
-Super Robot Taisen (Banpresto)

CRPG
-Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubador (Konami/KCEJ)

SIM
-Animal Crossing (Nintendo)
-Monster Rancher (Tecmo)
-Urbz: Sims in the City (Electronic Arts/Griptonite)

...not bad. :)

I'm in like Flynn baby. The DS is mine!

Oh nice, quite happy about Snowboard Kids. I've absolutely not paid a single bit of attention to Shin Megami Tensei though, so I'm not sure what that's about. I'll have to research.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
DarthWufei said:
I've absolutely not paid a single bit of attention to Shin Megami Tensei though, so I'm not sure what that's about.

Me neither. I keep hearing it mentioned, but haven't looked into it myself. Anyone want to summarise what it's all about?

etiolate

Banned
SNOWBOARD KIDS! One 64 series I've been wanting a sequel to. Now Take-Two needs to announce a not buggy, sooped up sequel to Body Harvest.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
WOO! More SMT.
As far as the strat games go, Egg Monster Heroes looks really interesting.
Here's some crap on it.
The Hanjyuku Hero series hasn't hit stateside before, but hey, here's hoping. Fun games. Although that's english in those screens, so...

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Snowboard Kids is one of my favorite franchises ever. Thank god!!

Shin Megami Tensei too?? It be cool to get a Persona like the PSX ones on DS.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Yeah, it's just too freaking weird that Atlus actually made a new Snowbo kids for the DS. It's like one of those fanboy dream games you wish about, but never expect.

ourumov

Snowboard Kids was an awesome game back when it was released...Probably the only snowboarding game I have ever enjoyed.

Top Bottom