• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announces Studio Zero - Hashino and Soejima on brand new Fantasy RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

C0Fn5djVEAA2csZ.jpg:large

artwork by Soejima
worked on by Atlus's new studio called Studio Zero
It will be unveiled in this week's famitsu
Katsura Hashino (P3~P5 director) is producing/directing the game.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201612/20123396.html

http://rpg.jp/

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just saw this on Famitsu's twitter. Reveal in 2 days.

Director of P5 confirmed involved.

Aeana

I'm very interested in seeing what this is about. It's been too long since Atlus ventured outside of Megaten.

PS4 for now I guess, since it's going to be reveal this week so they won't talk about switch if it's going to be on it too. Artstyle is nice.

I'm liking the concept portrait quite a bit. Red-hair armored elves about to sortie...I'd love for Atlus to play this Western fantasy premise straight, just with lots of detail and Lodoss War-like elements.

PS4 for now I guess, since it's going to be reveal this week so they won't talk about switch if it's going to be on it too. Artstyle is nice.

Most Atlus games are handheld titles, so that'd make the 3DS the frontrunner. I'd love for it to be a console game though. Especially with that artstyle.

sn00zer

Um. Wow. Haven't seen an anime artstyle with such striking art in a while. Shockingly reserved compared to more recent trends. I'm actually kind of excited for this.

Most Atlus games are handheld titles, so that'd make the 3DS the frontrunner. I'd love for it to be a console game though. Especially with that artstyle.
I would love it to be 3DS,but at this point of its lifespan..... It's most likely to be for PS4/Switch hence my prediction.

Interesting. It's been quite some time since Atlus really did something completely new. Curious to see what this is.

It could always be announced with no platform, which Atlus has done before.

But I don't see why they wouldn't just wait a month if that were the case, so it probably is PS4 (possibly PS4/Switch).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Color me interested.

PK Gaming

So Hashino's backing this too?

Man, Soejima and him are like super best friends. Watch, I bet Meguro's in here too (lol)

TreIII

Interested, but I need to know about the game's world and battle system to get fully hyped.

Definitely expecting 3DS if it's something new and untested.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I would love it to be 3DS,but at this point of its lifespan..... It's most likely to be for PS4/Switch hence my prediction.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't PS4. Forming a new studio and asking Soejima on character design sounds like "new tentpole title" to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom