• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announces Trauma Team (Wii) Spring 2010

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Jaruru said:
exactly. Motion+ is needed for this game
Why? Isn't Trauma Center mostly pointer based? I don't think this will be much different.

Yes Boss! said:
traumateam_screens_diagnostician.jpg
I've seen this movie:D

this thread wasn't on the front page for a few minutes and i think i was clinically dead during that time so let's not let that happen ever again okay

pakkit

Banned
Zoramon089 said:
This just screams motion+ full 3d intestine exploration...Why couldn't they find some way to use it?!
I'm sure they could've, but it's worked well (excellently, some might even say) without it, so why force Motion+? This is like people saying NMH needs Motion+.

Hcoregamer00 said:
DAMN, that is the definition of a quick announcement.

See SquareEnix, Nintendo, and Sega, this is how you localize and turn around games for the American market (hint: we like being spoiled).
The announcement is quick after hearing about it in the Japanese mags (not such a shock at E3 time), but it's still nearly a year away. To cite examples from the companies you mentioned: Chrono Trigger DS, Punch-Out!!, and House of the Dead Overkill were quicker from initial announcement to US release.

Holy crap YES. Only a few days after the announcement too! They've GOT to have motion plus in this one, Endoscopic surgery stages are pretty much going to require it.

Anony

Yes Boss! said:
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq12/gregorybuczek
[IMG]http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq12/gregorybuczek/traumateam_screens_diagnostician.jpg

illegal, reported entire dev team to the fbi for promoting cp

Looks awesome!

The white-haired lady in the middle reminds me of Nozomi from Second Opinion... whereas the guy second from the left does look like Spike Spiegel.

Can't wait for more co-op surgical action.

Vinci

Danish
Auron_Kale said:
Looks awesome!

The white-haired lady in the middle reminds me of Nozomi from Second Opinion... whereas the guy second from the left does look like Spike Spiegel.

Trauma world has very attractive doctors.

As usual, I love the art style.

Why do I get the feeling that the Spike look-a-like is going to get a sexual harassment charge?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The Spike look-a-like is named Gabriel. The girl with goggles is Maria. The Elvis look-a-like is Hank Freebird (yep). The girl in kimono is Tomoe. The white-haired girl is Naomi/Nazomi from Second Opinion. The person in white suit is PRISONER CS-102 (or some number).

Auron_Kale said:
Looks awesome!

It IS Nozomi!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hcoregamer00 said:
DAMN, that is the definition of a quick announcement.

See SquareEnix, Nintendo, and Sega, this is how you localize and turn around games for the American market (hint: we like being spoiled).

Hasn't the Trauma Center series always done better in the states than in Japan? I'd be surprised if the localization announcement wasn't quick.

crowphoenix said:
Paging dragonlife29.

I think I shall be picking this game up. The artwork looks fantastic.
:D

Yeah, I'm fucking excited! :D Just yesterday (when I first found out about it) I contacted my best friend and showed her the scans and write-ups (I got her into TC and now she loves it :D). Her response? "THAT IS FUCKING AWESOME."

God, I think I'm going to play New Blood again :D

Zoramon089 said:
This just screams motion+ full 3d intestine exploration...Why couldn't they find some way to use it?!
Bingo. Motion+ would be really useful with laparoscopic surgery, as orientation of the tools could be translated and help with immersion.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Alright, I'll bite. But if Daisuke Kanada ever works on another Wii game be sure it's a RPG Atlus!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Linkup said:
hope those are mock ups, art direction took a nose dive
Looks more like Persona 3/4's style than Second Opinion, probably to help sales in Japan. It's also been rebranded Hospital there, it has Caduceus nowhere in the title like the first 4 games did. That is tentative but I think these changes are being made to help it there too.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
jj984jj said:
Looks more like Persona 3/4's style than Second Opinion, probably to help sales in Japan. It's also been rebranded Hospital there, it has Caduceus nowhere in the title like the first 4 games did. That is tentative but I think these changes are being made to help it there too.
Maybe they should commission an animation studio to make an OVA or TV series to drum up more attention.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
tetrisgrammaton said:
obviously the people saying it wouldnt benefit from Motion+ didnt play the Wii Trauma Centers

What are you talking about? While the game uses some motion controls, they are barely complicated and the response is quite accurate.

Top Bottom