• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Asks If You Want To See A New Persona 5, Persona HD Remasters, Or Other Spinoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Persona 3 Fes and Persona 4 Golden in 4k Remastered with 7.1 support

Yeah, honestly looking at this list I really don't want any of them besides Persona 6. Maybe a remaster of the PSX games. But if it's a choice between them working on spin off games or actually advancing the series I'm always going to choose the latter.

This. Please just keep making new games. Let other companies handle ports or spinoffs. There's too much talent there to work on remasters/remakes/ports.

Also, it may be because I've played all of the Persona games multiple times, but I don't want uprezzes, new ports or enhancements. Just move on, Atlus.

EDarkness

Was an interesting survey and I thought some of the choices were strange. A Persona dance game? Sure. Ha, ha! I suggested Persona 5 for the NS since I'd really like to play that with the option of taking it to work. I wish more companies would do this sort of thing.

pablito

Honestly, just work on the next game. Get that SMT 5 out.

But I'll take Persona 3 FES with controllable characters and Persona 4 Golden ported to modern consoles.

whelp..
do you want out-of-the-world steak?
or godlike cake?
or some divine risotto alla marinara?

what's this question?
I want everything... well not really everything... you can keep persona dance.. but kazunoha raidou it's fine for example :X

and how about an english translated site atlus? you know, world outisde japan yadda yadda? :X

Myze

I just skimmed through everyone's post, so I may have missed it, but is everyone really naming all these ports, remasters, collections, spin-offs, etc. over them concentrating on Persona 6?

I mean, sure, in the west P5 isn't out yet, so that first. After that, however, I would MUCH rather they focus on P6 than a spinoff/remaster/port. Maybe that's just me. I'm sure all the P4 spinoffs have to be at least partly (although probably a small part) responsible for P5's ridiculously long dev cycle.

Jeels

Why aren't they asking about Catherine. I'd have to put none of the above and write in more Catherine or at least a ps4 rerelease.

I'd first like to see P5 on my PS4.

Exactly. Atlus needs to stop getting ahead of themselves and release the game on time!

I personally would love a Persona 3 remaster. Since Persona 5 is a PS3 game, I anticipate we'll be getting a PS4 remaster/Golden edition sooner than expected.

I just skimmed through everyone's post, so I may have missed it, but is everyone really naming all these ports, remasters, collections, spin-offs, etc. over them concentrating on Persona 6?

I mean, sure, in the west P5 isn't out yet, so that first. After that, however, I would MUCH rather they focus on P6 than a spinoff/remaster/port. Maybe that's just me. I'm sure all the P4 spinoffs have to be at least partly (although probably a small part) responsible for P5's ridiculously long dev cycle.

Right there with you. Outsource spinoffs/remakes/remasters. Make new games.

Why aren't they asking about Catherine. I'd have to put none of the above and write in more Catherine or at least a ps4 rerelease.

It probably just doesn't rate in terms of sales when compared with Persona Snap and Chibi Persona Robot Wars and Theatrhythm Persona.

A thread merge would probably be for the best.

OT though:

can i have a P3+ P4G remake made with P5 engine?

How long are you prepared to wait? a lot of us would love this but I just don't see Atlus dedicating the time + resources to it sadly. And even, look how long we had to wait for P5? we wouldnt be seeing a P3+4 remake until 2020 at the earliest

...I'd still want it though

As for my personal request — I'd want a P5Arena with All characters from 3, 4, and 5 and in GGXrd's engine please. P4A/P4AU have always hit that right balance between complexity/accessiblity/button mashability for me.

HeeHo

No remasters please. I love the games the first time around but they are really un-replayable to me.

Maybe HD remasters of Persona 1 and 2 with a lot of fixes and quality of life stuff.

marmoka

Banned
Persona 5 Switch
Persona 1 HD Remastered for PS4/Switch
Persona 2 HD Collection Remastered for PS4/Switch

This is all I need now.

And about SMT:
SMT 1 & 2 Remakes for PS4/Switch
Nocturne HD Remastered for PS4/Switch
SMT IV A HD for PS4/Switch
The SMT Switch game for PS4 as well

Status