• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus CEO teases unannounced titles

Prelude.

Why are you even portbegging in a thread about unannounced titles, anyway? Listing pc ports isn't exactly something you do when you're trying to hype up your 2016 portfolio. You're asking for a derail.

Clearly underestimating them.

Here's the deal:

1) It's a speculation thread, everyone is guessing.
2) Because of that, I can't say a damn thing or else it'll be all over the internet. "OMG! ATLUS PR CONFIRMED _____ IN THIS GAF THREAD" (I've fucked that up before, albeit a much less immediate way than GAF)
3) Like what's quoted above, the only thing I'm gonna confirm is what I know isn't true. (for now; I've fucked that up too.)
4) Yeah, I probably salted the wound w/ the Futurama image, but in a speculation thread, people are guessing ATLUS Japan's big secret is a PC version of a game from 3.5 years ago? Can you really blame me?
5) However, if you think that I'm just here to mock, I'm not. I don't ignore the considerate posts or even the shitposting when it comes to our titles. I've already asked internally about PC ports and some of the other platforms. Just to date, nothing I've asked about has ever worked out.

So yeah, joke about EU (we've been trying to improve, and I think if nothing else, we're at least more consistent than when I first started here) or joke about 2015 (┐(ツ)┌), but know this: I hope to hell I'm wrong about it, and that these games get ported to PC eventually. I will eat that crow with aplomb and eagerness if that time comes.

But right now, as it's been for the past ever, temper your expectations if you're wanting ATLUS-developed games on PC.

I appreciate that you take criticism and own up to your mistakes. It's why I don't feel betrayed after the 2015 stuff. You felt just as bad as we did. Probably worse, actually.

How is Atlus USA doing right after the holidays? Localization getting ramped up for some cool things? I bet it's starting to get pretty hectic with P5 in the pipeline. I imagine there's a lot to tackle with it.

You don't have to answer anything I just asked, and I don't expect you to. Just keep it up, man. Your job isn't easy. People just care about the games you put out. Onwards and upwards for Atlus USA, P5, Odin Sphere and 13 Sentinels.

I would take a new Maken Shao too, for what it's worth. That game is coooool.

latest

Kaneko would need to return, mind.

MUnited83

For you.
I mean... just as an example, there's a 47 page thread dedicated to Sega game port-begging. So there's that.

So? Port begging in itself is perfectly okay. The issue is port begging as means of derailing a thread. You can ask this to any mod.
It's also pretty weird you're "annoyed" at one thread existing that it's made for that exact purpose and you don't need to enter it at all.

Here's the deal:

2) Because of that, I can't say a damn thing or else it'll be all over the internet. "OMG! ATLUS PR CONFIRMED _____ IN THIS GAF THREAD" (I've fucked that up before, albeit a much less immediate way than GAF)
3) Like what's quoted above, the only thing I'm gonna confirm is what I know isn't true. (for now; I've fucked that up too.)
4) Yeah, I probably salted the wound w/ the Futurama image, but in a speculation thread, people are guessing ATLUS Japan's big secret is a PC version of a game from 3.5 years ago? Can you really blame me?
5) However, if you think that I'm just here to mock, I'm not. I don't ignore the considerate posts or even the shitposting when it comes to our titles. I've already asked internally about PC ports and some of the other platforms. Just to date, nothing I've asked about has ever worked out.

So yeah, joke about EU (we've been trying to improve, and I think if nothing else, we're at least more consistent than when I first started here) or joke about 2015 (┐(ツ)┌), but know this: I hope to hell I'm wrong about it, and that these games get ported to PC eventually. I will eat that crow with aplomb and eagerness if that time comes.

But right now, as it's been for the past ever, temper your expectations if you're wanting ATLUS-developed games on PC.

I think it's a needless apology. Some people just want to get upset.

But still, I do appreciate the rest of the details.

Here's the deal:

You're caught between a rock and a hard place, you can't say anything you're not supposed to either because you're revealing your employer's hand too early or it just turns out to not be true, and for as much feedback as you receive (whether it be from a truly large base of users or just a very very vocal minority), ultimately the situation is out of your hands as well as your direct superiors as Atlus USA can't move until Atlus Prime gives the green light.

I don't envy the position you take, just one of those moments where you need to choose your words and actions very carefully.

Script

Neo Member
Are they? Would love to see those numbers.

Oh wait

Its bullshit

Ehh from what I've observed being more of a lurker than a poster he's about right.

Thread title:X game announced for Y console
First page replies: No PC version? Why no PC version!

I rarely ever see posts asking why it's not coming to 3DS,Vita, Xbox, etc... I used to see it so often that I thought it was okay but when I asked about Dragons Dogma Arisen coming to consoles I was told it's not cool so...yeah funny how that works.

Uraizen

Banned

Here's the deal:

Make mention of the fact internally that Persona 4 Ultimax players still don't have the updated version of the game. Might as well make mention of this while someone from Atlus is reading.

Not only that, it is time for horror game Dark Messiah/Hell Night's returns!

tumblr_llb6llQrbE1qhpq2do1_500.png

hellnight2.jpg

And the return of SRPG goodness - Kartia! (And yes, there was an Atlus developed game released during the PSX era with Amano's art and yes, nobody played it)

8PUhbz4.jpg

968full-kartia%3A-the-word-of-fate-screenshot.jpg

What, an Atlus game with Amano art!? Where have you been all my life.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

Here's the deal:

Appreciate the apology. Sometimes, less is more though. "Sorry guys. No PC plans known yet." All that was needed.

Expectations are a 0 for Atlus games on PC by the way. Old dogs in Japan going to old dog. Shame too. Seeing the excitement over Dragon's Dogma and other JP titles making their way to PC...imagine the excitement if Persona/MegaTen/etc would do the same?

Someday. =)

SMT 5/spinoff with Kaneko art or GTFO. Need a counter to that Faia Emburem thing to balance it out.

tumblr_nks0xdC5Ey1qel0gmo3_540.png

hopefully a persona 4 the golden PC edition or something

Persona 5 PC and Persona 5 Portable (Vita) are just dreams, aren't they?

I hope Persona 4 Golden gets a PS4 and/or PC port because my friends will not play it otherwise.

A bunch of ports for Steam.

Easy money.

Title reads "unannounced titles" and all you can think about are year old ports for your preferred platform? Depressing.

Sad state of affairs when people beg for old games instead of new ones.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Title reads "unannounced titles" and all you can think about are year old ports for your preferred platform? Depressing.

Honestly I'd take a port of Panzer Dragoon Saga to something recent than most actual new games.

Nyoro SF

There's nothing inherently "more or less good" about older games compared to new ones.

MUnited83

For you.

Considering once they release on the EU they will be year old games too that hardly seems different ;)
And, you know, getting old games doesn't mean that new ones won't be made. Not sure where that myth comes from but it makes literally no sense.

Here's the deal:

I wasn't really offended, but I do very much appreciate the clarification. Would that you had more say over Atlus Japan in such matters.

gtj1092

Curious as to what is the highest selling Japanese title on steam? Keep hearing there is a huge market on their for Japanese games. Is it former console gamers that have switched to PC gaming?

orochi91

Here's the deal:

Cheers, thanks for the clarification.

Love how PC fans for fetting triggered so easily over a simple joke, you guys wouldn't last a day being a Vita fan lmfao

I still pray every night for a new SMT sub series and for Kaneko's return.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Love how PC fans for triggered so easily over a simple joke, you guys wouldn't last a day being a Vita fan lmfao

I am a Vita fan. Atlus at least remembers them. =)

MUnited83

For you.
Love how PC fans for fetting triggered so easily over a simple joke, you guys wouldn't last a day being a Vita fan lmfao

I've lasted well longer than that and I can still call out shitty PR behaviour when I see it.

Rarutos

I'd really love a Princess Crown remake or something... It's the only VanillaWare game that wasn't localized. (Well aside from Kumatanchi, but I think we can live without that) It'd be great to see it remade similarly to Odin Sphere! It is their most outdated game right now after all.

I've also always wanted to see more GrimGrimoire, but that was with NIS.

AlucardGV

Banned
Curious as to what is the highest selling Japanese title on steam? Keep hearing there is a huge market on their for Japanese games. Is it former console gamers that have switched to PC gaming?

it's probably valkyria chronicles at 700k i think? that was like the first and most famous, zestiria did 110k (it's still a good number for a pc release)

I've lasted well longer than that and I can still call out shitty PR behaviour when I see it.
good job hero of justice but you're still derailing the thread. not that it's salvageable now.

Eila

I'd really love a Princess Crown remake or something... It's the only VanillaWare game that wasn't localized. (Well aside from Kumatanchi, but I think we can live without that) It'd be great to see it remade similarly to Odin Sphere! It is their most outdated game right now after all.

I've also always wanted to see more GrimGrimoire, but that was with NIS.

And Grand Knights History on the PSP. It had a fan-translation, but the game deserves to be in a resolution higher than 272p.

Top Bottom