• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus details Devil Survivor 2 Break Record (3DS)

Devil Survivor 2 is not a sequel to Devil Survivor. They have separate stories, just like Persona games.

Devil Survivor: Overclocked is an enhanced port of Devil Survivor.

Devil Survivor 2: Break Record is an enhanced port of Devil Survivor 2.

but Persona games at least take place in the same universe (for the most part) and have connections connecting all 4 games, as obvious or vague as they are. Devil Survivor 1 and 2 are completely unrelated...So far. Who knows what this will bring, but as it stands, completely separate.

Not sure I'll be picking this one up. The only ending that really appealed to me in the original was the Anguished One's route, and hearing that the new scenario might be based off of the "canon" ending as opposed to the ending you choose is a huge turn-off. I loved the game, but not enough to buy it twice.

duckroll

DS2 is way easier than DS1 for the majority of the game. Then you get to the final battle, and it's just FUCK YOU over and over until you figure out how to cheese parts of it enough to get to the end and hopefully win.

Oh man, if that scan of the "new" character is legit we've reached new levels of pandering.

Turnip, son, this is coming from the series that brought us this:

Hinako.png

Edit: is that supposed to be a female Yamato/AngstyWhiteHairedTeenageLeaderOfATopSecretGovernmentOrginization60FeetUnderground or something

Busaiku

The actual game looks pretty much identical to the game on the NDS, and the most hilarious part is that the game is displayed on the bottom screen just like Devil Survivor Overclocked. Looooooool. :(

I guess this is why they added anime FMVs which play on the top screen with the 3D effect, since the actual game won't be using any of that! Lololol. >_<
Come on, really?

Chopper

Devil Survivor 2 is not a sequel to Devil Survivor. They have separate stories, just like Persona games.

Devil Survivor: Overclocked is an enhanced port of Devil Survivor.

Devil Survivor 2: Break Record is an enhanced port of Devil Survivor 2.
Cool. Thanks for the clarification.

More scans are out. The ~new cutscenes~ make it look like
Hinako can die
, which I don't think was possible in the original version?

Vamphuntr

Seems like a cheap port like the first game. Outside of the new scenarios, it appears to be disappointing. Probably no 3D outside of menus, haha.

I might be in the minority but I always felt the first game was much better than the second. Hated the artstyle and the plot of 2.

Marche90

Damn, I can't find the scans for the life of me! My google-fu is failing me :(

At least I saw the image of the new girl in Siliconera. She's definitely the twin sister of Yamato that was mentioned in the artbook. Neato

Although I have played DS2 to hell and back, I'm ready for more lol.

Atlus is seriously killing my wallet this year.

Aeana

Seems like a cheap port like the first game. Outside of the new scenarios, it appears to be disappointing. Probably no 3D outside of menus, haha.

I might be in the minority but I always felt the first game was much better than the second. Hated the artstyle and the plot of 2.
I don't think that's a minority opinion at all.
But the music in 2 is much better!

Eirikr

More scans are out. The ~new cutscenes~ make it look like
Hinako can die
, which I don't think was possible in the original version?

lol, I interpreted that one as a bonus 3D selfie if you max out her F. Link. I guess the new alternative is also possible.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't think that's a minority opinion at all.
But the music in 2 is much better!

I go Overclocked>2>1 for how much fun I had playing them.

This game is going to make so much money. Quick and dirty port with a bit of extra fluff and a seemingly decent amount of new scenario+a mature RPG market+a tie in anime.

Aeana

I go Overclocked>2>1 for how much fun I had playing them.

This game is going to make so much money. Quick and dirty port with a bit of extra fluff and a seemingly decent amount of new scenario+a mature RPG market+a tie in anime.
I had less fun with Overclocked because of Spike Spencer as Atsuro.

Eirikr

I mean her glasses are smashed up and she's bleeding

Hey man, it's the post apocalypse, getting by with only smashed glasses and a little bit of blood is a win.

I know I'll most likely still be busy with SMT IV when this releases, but I'll have to resist a pretty irresponsible urge to pick this up anyway.

TWILT

Banned
Will probably be getting this. Played the hell out of the original Devil Survivor 2.

Just saw the new character though...not sure if want. Those hips though.

I haven't finished my copy of Overclocked, and I'm sitting on an unopened copy of DS2. I wanna say I'll wait to play it until this come out in the US, but I probably won't. xD

Game still being displayed on the bottom screen is obnoxious. A larger available FOV on the top screen, along with the possibilities for touch menus and stuff on the bottom screen, and they STILL do this? UGH

Top Bottom