• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus details Devil Survivor 2 Break Record (3DS)

There is sadly no way to fix the boobs in DevilSurvivorland, it is simply an adverse reaction to gravity all females of that universe must endure. This diagram shows the science behind it:

tumblr_mg647ndsbm1raihqfo1_500.jpg

Zenaku

Famitsu has details.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201303/28030933.html

The new scenario apparently lasts 7 days, and has volume equal to "a single RPG". So, pretty much a full sequel bundled with the original game?

I'm also constantly amused by posts about the characters boobs. A world with demons, magic, future prediction and the like is a-ok, but a world where women tend to have firm breasts or really good bras is beyond comprehension. "It's just not possible!"

SteeloDMZ

Banned
That's fucking awesome. I wonder if you'll be able to play it with the same party/demons at the end of the main game, or will it be a separate campaign?

Chromie

Banned
Famitsu has details.

The new scenario apparently lasts 7 days, and has volume equal to "a single RPG". So, pretty much a full sequel bundled with the original game?

I'm also constantly amused by posts about the characters boobs. A world with demons, magic, future prediction and the like is a-ok, but a world where women tend to have firm breasts or really good bras is beyond comprehension. "It's just not possible!"

I don't know some of the women have breast that look odd.

tumblr_m3v1enkKQb1rv5nvio1_400.jpg

stuminus3

A'ight Atlus, you got me. If I can buy FES after buying OG Persona 3, then I can buy this. Get the original Overclocked on the eStore while you're there so I can triple dip my way to bankruptcy.

Disappointed they're keeping the play area on the bottom screen, though.

How does new scenario work? I doubt it changes depending on the specific ending you get so I'm assuming there's a cannon ending?

How can she even walk with that busted hip?
Fuck if I know, it's like it was designed specifically to appear on Escher Girls. Devil Survivor 3 better have a new (and less pandering) character designer.

Edit: On second thought, a new character designer wouldn't fix anything. This series is fucked.

Soriku

7 news days WTFshit? Length of a single RPG? So is this Devil Survivor 3 in Devil Survivor 2?

Now it sounds tempting...

Zenaku

That's fucking awesome. I wonder if you'll be able to play it with the same party/demons at the end of the main game, or will it be a separate campaign?

How does new scenario work? I doubt it changes depending on the specific ending you get so I'm assuming there's a cannon ending?

You can choose either the original scenario or the new scenario when you begin the game. If the scenario starts at higher levels they could have an option to transfer demons/stats from an original scenario save, but if they reset everyone to 0 it could end up being completely seperate; no telling at this point.

No word on whether it alters either obviously, or what ending it takes place after.

The demons look cool. Ultra pointy implant breasts that look like they sprout out several inches above where they should looks stupid.

I'm not a big fan of huge chested characters, but looking stupid isn't really unique to this game.

I haven't actually played Devil Survivor 2 yet (as I expected something like this), but I can probably already tell you who my favourite character is gonna be.

I really liked her already, but my favourite female VA will be voicing her, so I'm sure to fall in love all over again.

Who had Fumi on their party? Fuck me, she was amazing. Dat magic power.
Loved her too.

Fuck if I know, it's like it was designed specifically to appear on Escher Girls. Devil Survivor 3 better have a new character designer.

With Suzuhito Yasuda being my favourite character designer I really hope that never happens.

7 news days WTFshit? Length of a single RPG? So is this Devil Survivor 3 in Devil Survivor 2?

Now it sounds tempting...

Makes sense really; the games aren't connected so far, so making DS3 into a direct sequel would be strange. Plus they need something to tempt future fans from the anime, instead of just giving them a game with the same events they've watched on TV.

Soriku

Is this more content than P4G even? Story content I mean. 7 new days/volume of a single RPG most likely equates to 25 hours like Devil Survivor 2. Though OG P4 on its own is already more than 2x as long as Devil Survivor 2 (first playthroughs).

No battle screenshots...

It's because the anatomy is remarkably shitty. Like, people are literally remarking about how awful it is. It's not a goofy stylized Nomura way, it's in a "The person who drew this does not understand how human bodies work" way/

Soriku

Makoto is awesome.

Yup, I used her, Makoto and Otome.

You missed out on dat Hinako. Multi-strike with her is broken thanks to her high Str and Agi.

Fumi and Otome are good for magic. In fact Hinako + Fumi + Otome is probably the best party.

Hinako is really surprising because her design is so awful but as a character she's pretty ok (like she seems to be the only JPS recruit that's actually out fighting demons and helping the public?) and as a party member she just totally owns. Multistrike the hell outta everything.

I used Jungo with Assassinate + Marksman (or something?) and alternated my third between Fumi and Otome (Otome is probably better because Vit growth).

Soriku

Hinako is really surprising because her design is so awful but as a character she's pretty ok (like she seems to be the only JPS recruit that's actually out fighting demons and helping the public?) and as a party member she just totally owns. Multistrike the hell outta everything.

I used Jungo with Assassinate + Marksman (or something?) and alternated my third between Fumi and Otome (Otome is probably better because Vit growth).

Fumi is better IMO because her magic is just generally better. You can always put a phys absorb passive or whatever to minimize any damage she receives and that makes up for less Vit.

I think only one good phys attacker is worthwhile in the party because you run out of good passives and maybe phys attacks with just one, while you have a variety of good passives and magic attacks if you have even 3 magic-focused members (which were Fumi, Otome, and the MC for me).

But in the end just play with whoever you like...

Do you guys think Majin Tensei and Spiral Nemesis would be cool to attempt to somehow port to this engine?

No. The stories would need jazzing up for modern audiences to the point that it'd be like, why even bother making this Majin Tensei?

e: I mean altering the story on top of completely changing the gameplay to work in the Devil Survivor system.

Dantis

Is this more content than P4G even? Story content I mean. 7 new days/volume of a single RPG most likely equates to 25 hours like Devil Survivor 2. Though OG P4 on its own is already more than 2x as long as Devil Survivor 2 (first playthroughs).

Are you referring to additional story content? Because P4G only added like an hour or two.

...Well, time to go play DS:O again, and preferably beat it this time. I'm currently stuck at the end of the 6th day, and I can't remember anything (last played it in Fall 2011), so I might just start over and take my time this time so I don't get stuck again.

I want to play DS2 but I think I'll just wait for this. Long wait? Yeah, but I have the first game to tide me over so... :D

Soriku

Are you referring to additional story content? Because P4G only added like an hour or two.

Yes. 1-2 hours is really all...? Thought it was at least 5+.

While we're looking at basically Devil Survivor 3 in this game lol. I hope they're making DS3 right now too though.

Ponn

Banned
I'm a little bitter about this announcement. I had just picked DS 2 back up and was almost finished putting so many hours grinding it into it then BAM, oh hey you are going to have to do it all over. Ugghh....could be worse things to go through again.

And its all about Fumi. Oh Fumi you crazy psychopath, you can run your experiments on me anytime.

I'm a little bitter about this announcement. I had just picked DS 2 back up and was almost finished putting so many hours grinding it into it then BAM, oh hey you are going to have to do it all over. Ugghh....could be worse things to go through again.

And its all about Fumi. Oh Fumi you crazy psychopath, you can run your experiments on me anytime.

They are giving you the option to start with just the new scenario, so at least there is that.

Tiktaalik

It's because the anatomy is remarkably shitty. Like, people are literally remarking about how awful it is. It's not a goofy stylized Nomura way, it's in a "The person who drew this does not understand how human bodies work" way/

Yeah in my opinion it's like "an art bug." We don't often talk about art this way, but it's so anatomically incorrect that it's well beyond an art direction issue and it's just incorrect and distracting. The next step beyond this is like forgetting to draw fingers and limbs.

Eh, mainly I am just curious to play them. Some people say they are good, some say they are mediocre. At least neither of them are Ronde.

They're kind of like Old School Fire Emblem, but without the balance.

Old School Fire Emblem doesn't really have balance...

And what do you think that says about Majin Tensei? Exactly.

edit: I will say that the demon conversations are pretty ok in Spiral Nemesis since there are no silent protagonists. They're like, actual conversations. Crazy.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Fumi + vitality booster, magic booster, recover health + elec, ice dance + a demon with chaos wave = omg. She was always a vital character when it came to bosses.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The first one comes out tomorrow in Europe. I'd say 2017 is indeed a good guess for this one.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Yes. 1-2 hours is really all...? Thought it was at least 5+.

While we're looking at basically Devil Survivor 3 in this game lol. I hope they're making DS3 right now too though.

They must be. Atlus seems to be pushing the Devil Survivor 2 brand a lot, which is great since the game is fucking fantastic.

DS2 is way easier than DS1 for the majority of the game. Then you get to the final battle, and it's just FUCK YOU over and over until you figure out how to cheese parts of it enough to get to the end and hopefully win.

Accurate. I did no deaths, no free battles on my first playthrough too. The final battle was not a good time.

Famitsu has details.

Damn it all, I might actually buy this now.

Top Bottom