• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus details Devil Survivor 2 Break Record (3DS)

All you new people playing this, do yourselves a favor. Do not pick this Tico.
tumblr_mc2p663i9D1ry81k8.png

Ponn

Banned
Because it's basically a whole new game included. 7 new days. The original had like 7.5.

I understand that but why limit yourself to just starting with the new scenario. That seems cheap, like ordering a steak dinner and only eating the baked potato.

What the fuck is that thing?

Your phone avatar thing or whatever. If you played the first one, you will remember the Laplace that told you what was going to happen that day. This time, you pick an avatar to tell you stuff, it can be that girl or this guy:

Tycho_ingame_portrait.jpg

The guy was WAY cooler and made a nice little reference to the first game, HaVE A NiCE dAy.

Your phone avatar thing or whatever. If you played the first one, you will remember the Laplace that told you what was going to happen that day. This time, you pick an avatar to tell you stuff, it can be that girl or this guy:

Tycho_ingame_portrait.jpg
Shall definitely be picking him then.

Soriku

I understand that but why limit yourself to just starting with the new scenario. That seems cheap, like ordering a steak dinner and only eating the baked potato.

It's more like you're ordering 2 steaks.

It might be worthwhile to go through the original scenario again.

MechaX

PICK THE MALE PICK THE MALE SWEET JESUS MAN

Female Tico is like... whoa. It was like "I wonder how we can make Lymle more irritating in practice..."

Soriku

Famitsu has details.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201303/28030933.html

The new scenario apparently lasts 7 days, and has volume equal to "a single RPG". So, pretty much a full sequel bundled with the original game?

I'm also constantly amused by posts about the characters boobs. A world with demons, magic, future prediction and the like is a-ok, but a world where women tend to have firm breasts or really good bras is beyond comprehension. "It's just not possible!"

Btw, Zenaku, can you recheck what you read again? From another translator I'm hearing that it just says it's taking place after the 7 days, not that there's 7 more? And that the volume to a single RPG comment is just commentary from the article writer?

Zenaku

Btw, Zenaku, can you recheck what you read again? From another translator I'm hearing that it just says it's taking place after the 7 days, not that there's 7 more? And that the volume to a single RPG comment is just commentary from the article writer?

Woops. I can't begin to express how much I want to slam my head against my keyboard.

The part about 7 days used a kanji I've not come across often enough; I misread it as "gained" but it was "passed". I completely screwed up the context.

"A new scenario detailing the future after passing the 7 day limit."

Might not be 7 days, in other words. =x

As far as volume goes, the comment itself goes:

"This games new scenario takes place after the victory against the invading Septentrion's in the original game. It's volume is said to be, amazingly, a whole RPG's worth."

It's definitely something he/she's been told, but unless Atlus lied on that account I'm fairly confident that's correct.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to pray to Mara that the new scenario lasts 7 days. >< In my defence, I read the 7 days part right after reading about the volume, and the extra days in Overclocked have a decent combined number (just split among different routes). It'll definitely be at least a few days, with the Septentrions returning.

Soriku

Woops. I can't begin to express how much I want to slam my head against my keyboard.

The part about 7 days used a kanji I've not come across often enough; I misread it as "gained" but it was "passed". I completely screwed up the context.

"A new scenario detailing the future after passing the 7 day limit."

Might not be 7 days, in other words. =x

As far as volume goes, the comment itself goes:

"This games new scenario takes place after the victory against the invading Septentrion's in the original game. It's volume is said to be, amazingly, a whole RPG's worth."

It's definitely something he/she's been told, but unless Atlus lied on that account I'm fairly confident that's correct.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to pray to Mara that the new scenario lasts 7 days. >< In my defence, I read the 7 days part right after reading about the volume, and the extra days in Overclocked have a decent combined number (just split among different routes). It'll definitely be at least a few days, with the Septentrions returning.

lolz.

Well, "a whole RPG's worth" of volume still sounds like a lot and it could still be an extra 7 days. DS1 and DS1 are both "whole RPGs" and they both have 7 days...so...

We'll see I guess.

Edit: Here's another translation I got btw though:

"With the new scenario in addition to the original game, that's a lot of RPG in a single package!"

Is this more accurate?

Alkolto

Neo Member
Since I don't think anyone here has posted translations of these images, I guess I could. They have what I could only assume to be minor spoilers for the new scenario, but they're pre-release images, so I don't think it's anything you aren't supposed to know before you go in.

devils2br_thumb.jpg

Io:
So anyway, that weird creature that came from on top of the Sky Tower... That's... a Septentrione...?

dsurvivor2_bc_thumb.jpg

Otome:
This person named Yamato Hotsuin (It's informal, so I assume it's as if she does not know him)... Has never worked for JP's.

If this is old news (Probably is) or if I maybe mistranslated these a bit, I apologize.

Top Bottom