• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus: "Fans will be happy" about Persona teaser site

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMT0

Banned
It would be awesome if P5 was 3DS/Vita multiplat

We could all share in on the love and there would be no more war between vitagaf and 3dsgaf 4ever <3

That being said, my guess would be that it will be a ps3/vita game

Chances are the weaker platform is the lead platform, in which case; no, there would be no love. Only Heartbreak, Heartbreak.

afoni

Banned
?
shin-megami-tensei-strange-journey-preview-2.jpg

:p

smt3-9.jpg

Smt3 looks cleaner i can give you that, but its not far.

Persona 4 Golden will look better than ANY 3DS game.

Majmun

I own a Ps3, Vita and a 3DS

If I could choose I'd go for the Vita version. Playing handheld Persona has been amazing. And Vita is the more superior handheld device. Persona 5 would look great on it.

No the game looks a lot better on Vita, even if its because of the screen to a degree. Also silly 2D battles and an over world where you move around this little weird cursor thing is just not what I think most people want from a new Persona game's city structure.

I agree about the battles thing but I sure liked this:

Konan_P2EP.png

snap254_zpsbb7c1658.png

over this:

30-Persona3-10-055.jpg

I would say P4 got it more right, but man I was sad when P3 ditched actual city exploration.

sörine

Banned
The way I figure it, once the platform is announced there will be even further fanboy wars sadly.
Sadly, I think this is is the case. 3DS proponents will probably throw in the towel but I expect lots of thiny veiled Vita, Wii U and PS4 port begging.

That said, P5 would sell well on PSV or 3DS. The difference is that the PS3 could sell P5 in Japan and the West.
I really disagree with that. Japanese games have been doing relatively well on Vita and especially 3DS in the west. Mainline SMT sold better in the US on 3DS than even the mighty PS2.

Both 3DS and Vita would offer an attractive western audience for Persona 5 I think. It wouldn't be at all limited to Japan and Atlus has already proven that with successful western releases on both systems.

Soriku

You guys are forgetting that the Mods hinted P5 for PS4.

I forgot too.

That was mainly duckroll and pretty sure he was just trolling.

looks like atlus is co-developing but the game was nintendo's idea. I'd assume they are leading the development.

The initial trailer actually had "Atlus Presents".

Persona 4 was different because they could reuse a lot from the other SMT games on PS2. They haven't released a single one on PS3. I think it would make more sense to release it on PS4 (or any next-gen console/handheld) so they could reuse assets for future games.

Makes sense, that said, I wouldn't be surprised if Atlus released a few games for current Feb consoles before moving on...even if they focus heavily on handhelds too.

sörine;87567928 said:
I really disagree with that. Japanese games have been doing relatively well on Vita and especially 3DS in the west. Mainline SMT sold better in the US on 3DS than even the mighty PS2.

Both 3DS and Vita would offer an attractive western audience for Persona 5 I think. It wouldn't be at all limited to Japan and Atlus has already proven that with successful western releases on both systems.

SMT IV did well in the US, I bet P5 on the 3DS would too. I think P5 on PS3 would do better though...just recently Tales of Xillia sold 100k+ in its first month in the US. The sales prospects on PS3 are pretty good WW for P5.

makes a lot of sense. So, PS3 or PS3+PSV ?
PS3 (possibly PS4 cross gen) then a portable Vita version down the line is the safest bet.

However why take out MH and DQ from your third party sales comparison? That makes no sense.

Persona 4 Golden will look better than ANY 3DS game.
Let's face it though: regardless of where Persona 5 lands, it is hardly going to be the best looking thing on that platform.

sörine

Banned
SMT IV did well in the US, I bet P5 on the 3DS would too. I think P5 on PS3 would do better though...just recently Tales of Xillia sold 100k+ in its first month in the US. The sales prospects on PS3 are pretty good WW for P5.
Xillia did really well but Graces f did not. I think I agree a PS3 P5 probably has a higher upper potential than a 3DS or Vita one today but PS3 is in no way a sure thing for Japanese games either and it's littered with just as many bombs as successes. With the nature of what a PS3 P5 versus a 3DS P5 would itself be the former sort of needs to sell more to justify the costs it would entail too. I'm not sure a PS3 SMT4 would've been hailed as quite the success if it did 3DS SMT4 numbers.

Wedge7

Honestly, as long as P5 is on either PS3 or PS4 or Xbone for that matter, I'll be happy. Just hoping that it is on an actual HD console, and not a handheld. I'll still get it, but that would be my preference. Also holding out a slim hope that in addition to it, they may announce some form of an HD release of either P3 or P4. Slim chance, but I would again triple dip on either of those games.

Sorian

Banned
Honestly, as long as P5 is on either PS3 or PS4 or Xbone for that matter, I'll be happy. Just hoping that it is on an actual HD console, and not a handheld. I'll still get it, but that would be my preference. Also holding out a slim hope that in addition to it, they may announce some form of an HD release of either P3 or P4. Slim chance, but I would again triple dip on either of those games.

Let's re-release P3 and P4 16 more times each pls.

dan2026

Wow who would of thought Persona of all things would cause such a console war?

Wouldn't the best scenario be the it was on multiple platforms?
You know, so more people can play it and it can sell more copies.

Psxphile

Hell P/D is slower than the GBA games :/

That's not really surprising: the GBA games were ridiculously fast. Battles, navigating menus, running around the map. Nice and quick. The DS games don't even come close, especially in regards to menu navigation. I've yet to play X/Y so I don't know how they fare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom