• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus has a new logo: /|TLUS

duckroll

The logo is kinda whatever, but I think we should really be celebrating that Altus as officially gotten their original corporate identity back. It's pretty damn cool.

reminds me of
thumb.php

Syril

What the hell? Why is every logo redesign from this decade so incredibly bland? It's like these logos all just graduated college and are trying to make themselves look serious because they were told that everyone will judge them only on the most superficial criteria.

Went from a model kit logo to as one said, a hardware logo. :p

I like it, definitely better than Marvelous' new logo, that's just clip art the logo. ;)

Snazzy logo for index though.

I bet if Sega changed its logo, people would lose their shit a bajillion times over. Nintendo just changed the color.

But yeah, it'll be jarring for the first while. But hey, let's see how it looks, someone should attempt a mock-up.

esterk

Definitely more aligned with what is popular in graphic design nowadays - more simplistic and minimal. It's not a huge change but I will say I liked the design aesthetic on the old one.

RPG

Prefer the old one, but the new one is still easily identifiable. Still nowhere as drastic as the Konami logo change.

Also, I like the new Index logo (not that it matters at all, since I have no idea where I'll ever see it.)

The logo is kinda whatever, but I think we should really be celebrating that Altus as officially gotten their original corporate identity back. It's pretty damn cool.

That's true. It's a small gesture, but it underscores the fact that Atlus is "back", so to speak. And the time that's passed between Atlus getting their name back and now makes it feel a little more genuine - like it's incidental.

Empty

the way the A in the logo is stripped down and simplified is very clearly a symbolic indication of how the new persona will be stripped down mechanically. the tip of the T is less wide showing how their games will be shorter and have less breadth of content. the U is also made more homogeneous to lead into them taking personality out of their games to appeal to the average gamer.

this is shameful

Korigama

What the hell? Why is every logo redesign from this decade so incredibly bland? It's like these logos all just graduated college and are trying to make themselves look serious because they were told that everyone will judge them only on the most superficial criteria.
Obsession with minimalism. This is the same thing that led to someone actually getting paid for spilling a drop of blue paint and calling it USA Today's new logo.

FluxWaveZ

I prefer the original tbh, this seems like an arbitrary change.

Certainly not arbitrary. Some might question its design but, like duckroll stated, this is a fairly effective means of highlighting the fact that Atlus is its own entity once again.

Obsession with minimalism. This is the same thing that led to someone actually getting paid for spilling a drop of blue paint and calling it USA Today's new logo.

Can't wait for the day that flat / simple / minimalistic logos go out of fashion and we can get some depth / complexity to our logos again.

klinkcow

Neo Member
this got my curious as to the origin of the Atlus logo - and wow, it's fairly hard to find a concrete "History of Atlus"

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Top Bottom