• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus is working hard on the next Persona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basch

How do you top P4? I can't even imagine it tbh.

Not possible. lol Let's manage our expectations here. :D

Knowing Atlus, they won't show anything until it's just about ready to release. I'm guessing sometime this year though (for Japan). They've been working on it for over a year and a half now, right? And apparently they've been working on the engine (tweaking) since Catherine went gold.

FluxWaveZ

Not possible. lol Let's manage our expectations here. :D

Knowing Atlus, they won't show anything until it's just about ready to release. I'm guessing sometime this year though (for Japan). They've been working on it for over a year and a half now, right? And apparently they've been working on the engine (tweaking) since Catherine went gold.

It's all in the OP.

And I preferred P3 FES to P4, so eh.

I am not against it! Let me make that clear. I want as many people to enjoy the Persona series as possible.
But the fact of the matter is... Persona on 3DS is as likely as Gears of War on PS4. Not happening.
To be fair, it isn't like 3DS fans are coming out of left field. Atlus put a Persona 3DS placeholder out there, not the fans.

Do I think it will be P5? No. Do I think it will be anything? Not really.
But there are reasons apart for port begging to associate the 3DS with the Persona franchise

I am not against it! Let me make that clear. I want as many people to enjoy the Persona series as possible.
But the fact of the matter is... Persona on 3DS is as likely as Gears of War on PS4. Not happening.

I agree P5 is probably Ps3/360, but there is no evidence a persons game will never show up. There are no nevers in this industry. I would personally like to see it in HD

web01

I would be very disappointed if P5 was a 3DS exclusive. All the Atlus games on 3DS have felt limited by the hardware especially in presentation.

Basch

It's all in the OP.

And I preferred P3 FES to P4, so eh.

Saw the article on ANN before here. I just came to post. :p Only the sketches part was new to me, which makes me think 2014 for Japan now. :(

Yeah, I prefer P4:G to P4, but I love P3:FES too. Apples and oranges, as far as I'm concerned.

Great, hopefully a PS3/Vita crossplatform game. I know some people would freak out thinking the Vita would hold it back, but I really doubt it would end up being a game that would push either platform much, if at all.

This.

Snakeyes

Surprised to see all this platform talk when it's pretty obvious that P5 will be a PS360 title. A Wii U port with off-screen play would be nice too but I'm not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom