• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus JP puts up Persona related teaser site counting down to November 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It's definitely Persona 5 for PS2.

k1hly.jpg
in persona 5

Logash

I kept my PS3 specifically for this game. I'm pretty much ready for it being on any platform except the 360 or the Xbox One.

Tiu Neo

Considering it will take a few months for it to come out...

PS4 only would be suicide, fanbase would not be very big yet.
PS3 only would be pretty much suicide, without BC.

Vita is the only answer.

It'll be for PS3.

ys45

Finally a new Persona game , it seems to be some kind of tradition to release them at the end of a generation now ?

I don't mind if it's on Vita or PS3 or even PS4 (which i doubt) i just want a new Persona game !

Please don't be on mobile

I'm thinking PS3/4/V, having the game available on Vita won't stop people from buying P5G (also multi) years from now. Gotta maximize that profiT.

I'll play it on PS3.

RPGCrazied

The way things are going in gaming today, I wouldn't be surprised its an iOS game. Its the thing to do now, take beloved franchises and make them into these touch rpg's with microtransactions.

Tiu Neo

I'm betting this will be the best Persona game ever. It will get everything right, and will be considered a classic.

Then, we remember Sega owns Atlus now. It'll never be released outside of Japan.

Dr. Buni

There is like, 0% chance of Persona 5 being a PS4 title. I can see it being released for PS3/Vita, 3DS/Vita, PS3 only or even PS360. PS4 though? Nope.

I'm betting this will be the best Persona game ever. It will get everything right, and will be considered a classic.

Then, we remember Sega owns Atlus now. It'll never be released outside of Japan.

I just hope its middle school setting or so and has improved dungeon design...last bit of tartarus design felt weakish.

There is like, 0% chance of Persona 5 being a PS4 title. I can see it being released for PS3/Vita, 3DS/Vita, PS3 only or even PS360. PS4 though? Nope.

PS3/PS4 is a possibility considering that's how Sega is releasing Yakuza Ishin. I could certainly see it. A lot more likely than 3DS imo.

Hyunashi

The only 2 options I can see are PS3 or PSVita+3DS.
Personally I am hoping to see it on the PS3, cos I don't want my experience to be gimped on handhelds.

Dr. Buni

You're going to be either disappointed or overjoyed then.
I would be disappointed if it was a PS4-only title, since I am not buying one anytime soon, but I think that is very unlikely to happen.
I just hope its middle school setting or so and has improved dungeon design...last bit of tartarus design felt weakish.
Tartarus as a whole was quite meh, but the dungeon design in P4 was great, so I have high hopes for Persona 5.
PS3/PS4 is a possibility considering that's how Sega is releasing Yakuza Ishin. I could certainly see it. A lot more likely than 3DS imo.
It being released for the 3DS was quite possible before Sega getting involved. Now I don't know what to believe anymore, but I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if it was a 3DS title.

If they release it on PS3 I can't see them not doing the same for the 360.

I can't see them doing it. No actual domestic market, and all existing fans, as well as plenty of potential new sales, will have a PS3.

On the other hand, Catherine was released for the 360 here. So who knows.

Why not college this time?

The Japanese "college" experience, or at least the image of it in the zeitgeist, is quite a bit different than what most Americans or western Europeans think of.

Without getting into a long "Japanese culchurrr" spiel, suffice to say that the games (and many other franchises besides) are set in high school because high school is seen in a similar way to how we see college - the last period in life where you can kind of goof around and get into wild adventures before you have to settle down into adult life. So a Persona college-aged game would be fairly odd to the Japanese thematically - you'll notice it seems like they had to go oddly out of their way to involve the P3 cast in P4A. P4A does give the P4 crew a more obvious reason to be involved with the ongoing adventure post-school, though.

Why middle school? Middle school kids are terrible. At least sophomore and above in highschool the kids are a little bit more mature (lawl).

College would of course be the most awesome imo, but I think the school system is different there so I dunno.

Edit:
The Japanese "college" experience, or at least the image of it in the zeitgeist, is quite a bit different than what most Americans or western Europeans think of.

Without getting into a long "Japanese culchurrr" spiel, suffice to say that the games (and many other franchises besides) are set in high school is seen in a similar way we see college - the last period in life where you can kind of goof around and get into wild adventures before you have to settle down into adult life. So a Persona college-aged game would be fairly odd - you'll notice it seems like they had to go oddly out of their way to involve the P3 cast in P4A. P4A does give the P4 crew a more obvious reason to be involved with the ongoing adventure post-school, though.

Makes sense, explains why P3 seemed more like college to me (helps that I'm going to college in a city :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom