• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ATLUS launches ‘Soul Hackers’ countdown website, ends February 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
ATLUS has launched a new countdown teaser website at soul-hackers.jp, as well as an accompanying Twitter account.
The countdown ends on February 21 at 20:00 JST.
Soul-Hackers-JP_02-16-22-768x432.jpg

ogp_t.jpg

Last edited:

Andyliini

I tried Soul Hackers on 3DS, but never got far in it, so I sold it. Not really interested in this, but we'll see.

Andyliini

Well Atlus managed to release SMTV close to western release, they could do the same with this one as well.
I don't know, since SHM3 Remaster still released in Japan first. I think that Nintendo pushed for simultaneous worldwide release on SMTV.

Furball

I assume whatever this is will release in Japan first and in the west later.
both atlus west and sega Asia also tweet this so probaly global announcement

Soul hacker also on the list of Ip will ultilize be ultilize by Sega so probaly will try to push it for global released

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
both atlus west and sega Asia also tweet this so probaly global announcement

Soul hacker also on the list of Ip will ultilize be ultilize by Sega so probaly will try to push it for global released

Well to be honest they simply retweeted it, there's no official english account for it.

But in the end time will tell.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Never played it, but the game has such a cool aesthetic and art style. Wonder if this is a port or sequel.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Hopefully this is something new, but realistically it'll probably just be porting the 3DS version to other platforms.

Ladioss

I like Soul Hackers, it was my gateway to the SMT franchise back on Saturn, and that 90s neon cyberpunk aesthetics x old-school SMT setting and gameplay gets me every time.

A Soul Hackers 2 would be neat, but let be honest, we have 90% probability it will merely be a remake. They better not mess with Nemissa design.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Don't think they'll put up a countdown site for a remake. Also, all that green in the website doesn't fit the Soul Hackers we know at all, right?

Here's hoping for a new game.

Graciaus

Probably not interested I couldn't get into that one. Could sell my copy for more than I bought it for I'm sure though.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Whatever it ends up beign, I hope it has press turn battle system. Makes those games much more enjoyable.

Arthimura

I'm going to be happy with either a Remake or Sequel.

If it's a port, I hope it gets ported at least to PlayStation and/or Switch.

Still annoyed that there's no port of Persona 4 Golden for PS4 nor Switch.

Reactions: Isa

MudoSkills

They had something up on Twitter earlier today asking questions, and with the occasional flash to some images. Admittedly it has been years since I played it, but what I saw wasn't anything I recognised from the first game, so I'm more optimistic that this is something new!

The full video is on Youtube:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
They had something up on Twitter earlier today asking questions, and with the occasional flash to some images. Admittedly it has been years since I played it, but what I saw wasn't anything I recognised from the first game, so I'm more optimistic that this is something new!

The full video is on Youtube:

Two hidden frames

youtube-video-screenshot-01-11-46.png

youtube-video-screenshot-01-23-46.png

• Thoughtful

MudoSkills

I'm sure someone has catalogued them all somewhere - I had it running for a few mins and saw a slice of pizza (pepperoni if you were wondering).

Edit: Well, I was proven right.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

So... Soul Hackers 2 confirmed, just like that?

Between this announcement, whatever Capcom has for that day and Elden Ring release... man, next week's gonna be awesome.

kunonabi

Glad it isn't a port since the original wasn't that great despite the premise and aesthetic. A sequel could be great though.

Of course what they really should be doing is finally releasing a new version of devil summoner.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If this is sequel I’m curious if they gonna use Unreal Engine like SMTV? I’m also guessing Doi going to be character designer for this game.

• Thoughtful

Velcro Fly

Interested if it is a sequel

Remake maybe not so much

Enjoyed the 3DS port but I'm not sure I'm in any rush to play it again.

• Thoughtful

TintoConCasera

That's all I wanted to hear, thanks. :lollipop_content:

Countdown ends on Monday, right? Can't wait to see what's this all about. And honestly, after the humongous SMT V, I'd be happy with a smaller scale dungeon crawler.

Just add cool music and press turn, and I'll buy ten copies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom