• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Plays - Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga (360) (April 6th, 7th, 8th)

Volcynika

Yep yep, this (hopefully it turns into a trend) event of Atlus USA streaming some action from a game they either are publishing soon or already released continues with Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga (releasing next week on the 360). This looks like their Radiant Historia stream got enough attention to continue on with it. The idea is that they play/stream moments from the game and also take questions from viewers and show off the game. (Also, the technical issues with the game's demo have been addressed and it was put back onto Xbox Live recently). The image at the bottom sums it up well, but if for whatever reason you can't see the image, I have listed the details below.

Details

When:
  • April 6th 5:00 PM PST -- Character Creation / Intro
  • April 7th 5:00 PM PST -- Quests / Leveling
  • April 8th 5:00 PM PST -- A Dragon Knight is Born
Where: http://www.atlus.com/ustream

Who:
  • Scott Williams (QA Lead)
  • Aram Jabbari (Lowly Janitor Man)

divinityII_ustream_2.jpg

I missed the last one, but I should be free enough to see at least a couple of them. Woots.

matmanx1

Well the PC version is excellent so I hope the 360 version turns out well so that more folks can enjoy this one.

mujun

matmanx1 said:
Well the PC version is excellent so I hope the 360 version turns out well so that more folks can enjoy this one.

I really enjoyed Divinity 2 on the 360, though the frame rate could have been better.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't enjoy it. And I would think the QA lead would be sick of playing it.

Still, this is pretty interesting and I like the commentary they're adding.

Having helped the Janitor test the livestream earlier, you guys should enjoy this. The stream works wonderfully, and the game looks great!

Emotions

is this supposed to be a new game or it's just an expansion of the original? i own the original 360 release

Volcynika

Emotions said:
is this supposed to be a new game or it's just an expansion of the original? i own the original 360 release

A more polished version of the original and a new expansion included in this package.

Owzers

Definitely interested in this game, i must make an effort to buy it new instead of used if it is better than the first Xbox 360 version.

Volcynika

Just a reminder for those interested. This thing will start up in a little over 4 hours! (8PM EST, 7PM CST, 6PM MST, 5PM PST)

the "dragon knight saga" re-release was awesome on pc, and really surprising considering how busted the original ego draconis was -- i haven't seen such a complete 180 in a re-release, ever. however, even the dragon knight saga (with flames of vengeance expansion) doesn't complete the story, so is there a second expansion planned?

Volcynika

Absoludacrous said:
Does it get archived anywhere? I won't be able to watch it till way after it starts.

UStream does not archive things , though I think there's some option to do so (maybe it costs something? Not sure how it works). I'm pretty sure they didn't archive the Radiant Historia stream so I doubt it (though if I'm wrong, please point it out).

Drinky Crow said:
the "dragon knight saga" re-release was awesome on pc, and really surprising considering how busted the original ego draconis was -- i haven't seen such a complete 180 in a re-release, ever. however, even the dragon knight saga (with flames of vengeance expansion) doesn't complete the story, so is there a second expansion planned?

I haven't heard any news about anything else concerning Divinity II, but I might've just missed it.

I tried was a demo for "Dragon Knight Saga" on XBL last night. I had tried the earlier Divinity II demo, and this one is pretty much the same exact playable content though it's much bigger (in GB). There are promo screens and menu entries for the added content in DKS but the actual playable part is the same. However, the framerate seemed much improved over the original version, IIRC.

I kinda wish that Atlus would've re-released the PC version alongside the 360 port but I managed to snag a copy at a brick n' mortar a few days back. Really looking forward to digging into the DKS once I've knocked New Vegas out of the way.

Volcynika

jaundicejuice said:
I kinda wish that Atlus would've re-released the PC version alongside the 360 port but I managed to snag a copy at a brick n' mortar a few days back. Really looking forward to digging into the DKS once I've knocked New Vegas out of the way.

Isn't the PC version pretty widely available at digital distribution outlets at least?

epmode

Volcynika said:
Isn't the PC version pretty widely available at digital distribution outlets at least?
Whenever I see a crazy post like that, I just assume it's some anti-digital distribution zealot trolling for responses.

Ceebs

The PC version was one of my favorites from last year. It's a great game if you are looking for a solid action RPG. No clue how the console version fares, but the PC version ran great at max settings on my modest 4870.

Volcynika

epmode said:
Whenever I see a crazy post like that, I just assume it's some anti-digital distribution zealot trolling for responses.

Yeah, I'm not sure what he expects. Atlus USA to somehow re-release a version of a game they had no hand in publishing which was put out months and months ago? That seems incredibly unlikely. They don't even have the rights to do so, and getting them seems like it'd be a waste of everyone's time with no positive results.

notworksafe

jaundicejuice said:
Or you could have checked here, here, or here. Oh, or here

Malio

One of my favorite RPGs , no doubt. I'm playing it on PC right now and it's fantastic. Much better than Risen or that new Gothic game nonsense.

Volcynika

They finished up. Pretty good. They said they'll examine the quality of it, and if they approve or whatever, they might put it up on YouTube.

They even had two of the people that worked on the game at Larian (I think lead designer and I'm not sure of the role of the other person), and it was 2am their time so they were cool to join the chat and answer questions. The lead designer mentioned that someone sent them a death threat over the game's twist because it apparently ruined the person's Christmas. 0-o

Also I mentioned Drinky's question about FoV story seeming kinda incomplete and the Larian guy just said "Tell that person that the ending of FoV kicks ass!" :p Probably just asked it incorrectly though.

Not sure what the hell happened with the 360 demo but for some reason they took it down. They should make it available again for people like me to play before I decide about the purchase.

Ricker

sweetvar26 said:
Not sure what the hell happened with the 360 demo but for some reason they took it down. They should make it available again for people like me to play before I decide about the purchase.

They took it down again? it was back up 2 days ago and I grabbed it yesterday,even though it`s the same demo then the one 1 year ago for the first release....it does look a lot better though,especially the framerate which is very smooth now,although there is still a little tearing...

I might buy this again just to play the expansion,if you can start with that otherwise there`s no way i`m starting over..and this time i`ll go full melee since I know how hard the game is now,after the first chapter.

Volcynika

jaundicejuice said:
I'm saying this as someone who owns over 100 games on Steam, sometimes I like owning physical copies of some games.

OK. And like I said in a later post, you're expecting something that wouldn't happen or have next to no chance of happening. The budget for something like that would be wasted since the game was already made easily available months and months ago. Email CDV or whoever the publisher was for the PC version and ask them. They have the rights to it.

EDIT: Apparently Focus Home Interactive is the publisher of Dragon Knight Saga, according to the Steam page.

sweetvar26 said:

They took it down due to technical issues reported (not sure what they were), but it's supposed to be back up now. It was put back up a few days ago.

Ricker said:
They took it down again? it was back up 2 days ago and I grabbed it yesterday,even though it`s the same demo then the one 1 year ago for the first release....it does look a lot better though,especially the framerate which is very smooth now,although there is still a little tearing...

I might buy this again just to play the expansion,if you can start with that otherwise there`s no way i`m starting over..and this time i`ll go full melee since I know how hard the game is now,after the first chapter.

How do you know if the demo that is up is the older version or the newer one?

EDIT: Nevermind, the demo is up in the newest releases.

I have the game and it's pretty good, as mentioned above the framerate could be better although it is consistent rather than being up and down all the time.

Volcynika said:
OK. And like I said in a later post, you're expecting something that wouldn't happen or have next to no chance of happening. The budget for something like that would be wasted since the game was already made easily available months and months ago. Email CDV or whoever the publisher was for the PC version and ask them. They have the rights to it.

EDIT: Apparently Focus Home Interactive is the publisher of Dragon Knight Saga, according to the Steam page.

What are you rambling on about, I already have a copy. It would've been nice, not practical or realistic, if Atlus re-released a boxed PC version that looks as swank as the 360 version they put out.

Volcynika

jaundicejuice said:
What are you rambling on about, I already have a copy. It would've been nice, not practical or realistic, if Atlus re-released a boxed PC version that looks as swank as the 360 version they put out.

It's nice to want things that would never happen, sure.

This is kindof selling me on this game.

Although...not sure if they were joking or not, but when games have a combat roll in them where it's actually faster to roll around than walk...it drives me crazy.

Not saying it makes sense.

Just makes me crazy is all... : /

Volcynika said:
They finished up. Pretty good. They said they'll examine the quality of it, and if they approve or whatever, they might put it up on YouTube.

They even had two of the people that worked on the game at Larian (I think lead designer and I'm not sure of the role of the other person), and it was 2am their time so they were cool to join the chat and answer questions. The lead designer mentioned that someone sent them a death threat over the game's twist because it apparently ruined the person's Christmas. 0-o

Also I mentioned Drinky's question about FoV story seeming kinda incomplete and the Larian guy just said "Tell that person that the ending of FoV kicks ass!" :p Probably just asked it incorrectly though.

well, it ends with you
waxing damien's wife but not damien himself
, which leaves the whole thing wiiiiide open. also i want an expansion.

Gattsu25

Banned
They are doing another livestream. I think their dev unit just failed on them. Even Atlus gets the red rings, it seems

edit, :)

Volcynika

Drinky, I asked again but the response is eh:

"7:36 LarianDesignerAxel: well, main story wise, it is a direct follow-up, with events from Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity feeding directly into this game's storyline"

They do have forums for Larian where you could maybe ask them there. They've mentioned to sign up there to interact with the devs and such. (I don't have a link but it should be easy to find)

I will be picking this game up later today. I got a call from Ashley last night!

Drinky Crow said:

^Is it me or is there something weird going on? Isn't this the infamous Drinky Crow who got banned in 2007? So how was he able to post this (and then get banned again)?

bigdaddygamebot said:
This is kindof selling me on this game.

Although...not sure if they were joking or not, but when games have a combat roll in them where it's actually faster to roll around than walk...it drives me crazy.

Not saying it makes sense.

Just makes me crazy is all... : /

agreed!

Top Bottom